DC-8 Jetliner Series 10 to 40 Nov4 sticky - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DC-8 Jetliner Series 10 to 40 Nov4 sticky

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Beautiful looking work on the skin. Nice...! Love the VC as well.

Fuel systems (in general) in FS are horrible when trying to make a high-realism aircraft system that is sophisticated. Trying to get them to work like real world usually means dummy switches and hiding things that simply cannot work in the FS world because of code limitations. Then you have different models. ack...
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Acrobatic DC-8

Hello Folks,

found this video,
    J.F, we are awaiting on your 50 to 60 series with CFM engines now
    Enjoy the video.

Have few good ones Folks,
    Yves

The CFM-56 growl at high N1 sounds even better when there's four of 'em.

An extensive SP is now available for the DC-8 - http://www.justflight.com/articles/d...rvice-pack-two

• Reported bugs have been addressed and, wherever possible, requested features from owners of the Just Flight DC-8 aircraft have been incorporated
    • New texture/model swapper tool to allow frames to be increased where required
    • Users who have installed or created additional liveries will have them preserved during the Service Pack installation
    • Cockpit upgrade ranging from improved detail and texture resolution to completely new code for the autopilot
    • Notable additions to the cockpit are sound for all switches and knobs and various warning sirens, fire bells and so on to increase the immersive quality of the cockpit
    • The general layout of the instrument panels has changed and now replicates actual cockpits in the early series of the DC-8 rather than the more generic composition of the previous cockpit
    • Operation of most knobs and dial controls now simplified and standardised
    • Third party radar – with the increasing amount of third-party radar add-ons available, we have placed a placeholder gauge tile in the centre screen of the weather radar (WXR) unit to allow third party radars to be installed
    • Autopilot unit now simulates the exact operation of this unit type as fitted to early DC-8s in United Airlines service (and others)
    • GPS – following customer requests we have added a 2D GPS panel. The autopilot is configured to fly GPS or NAV coordinates and will follow a flight plan set in the GPS if the GPS/NAV switch is switched to the GPS position
    • Engineer’s panel – significant changes have been made to this area in the the electrical and Hydraulics and fuel systems
    Martyn
    Just Flight Development Manager

I have not seen this addressed yet, but does anyone know if it is possible to turn on/off the wingtip nav lights? I have sent my concern to Support but have yet to receive an answer. Anyone?

Navigation lights on DC-8s were switched on automatically when powering up the aircraft.
    They turn off with the battery switch.

any idea when other models will be released?

Hi dihoo Folks,

be patient, this is on the way
    http://www.justflight.com/product/dc...eries-50-to-70
    Cheers.
    Have few good ones Folks,
    Yves

Everyone should have received an email about this, but just in case you missed it:

Service packs have been released for the Series 10-40 base pack and livery pack.

Base pack - http://www.justflight.com/support/dc-8-jetliner/16e1f5d
    Livery pack - http://www.justflight.com/support/dc-8-jetliner/5cc4118

As noted on the support page, the service pack for the base pack will be updated soon to add more fixes/improvements (everything that has been reported to us and verified as a bug). We will also be releasing service packs for the Series 50-70 and livery packs shortly.

Work is still on-going on the service pack for the Series 10-40 base pack, so please continue to report any issues that you find to the customer service team so that they can be logged and passed to the developer.

The new installers will be going out to our third-party retailers soon.
    Martyn
    Just Flight Development Manager

Bought mine over at Flightsim.com. Will check in with my account in a day or two.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Navigation lights on DC-8s were switched on automatically when powering up the aircraft.
    They turn off with the battery switch.
    Where did you get that bit of information? I saw many a DC-8 in my career working and flying them. Never saw any with the position lights come on automatically with the battery switch. The battery bus on the 8 was remarkably small. In fact the battery itself was the size of a shoebox located in the right wheel well. If I remember correctly the Nav Lights were powered by Cabin Bus 4, which was a 115V AC bus getting it's power either from the #4 generator,( if unparalleled), the ac tie bus (if on ground power or paralleled) or the Ground service bus( on the ground with external power). And I do remember correctly, just checked the manuals.
    FAA A&P, FE (TURBOJET),AMEL COMM INST DC-8 & B767/757 TYPE RATEINGS
    FCC GROL

Well John if I remember correctly, you were part of the beta test team so presumably you must have thought it right at the time...

Yes i was part of the Beta team. I don't want to get into a conflict over this, but I do just want to say that at the time there were so many issues that I never checked something as minor as the nav lights.
    FAA A&P, FE (TURBOJET),AMEL COMM INST DC-8 & B767/757 TYPE RATEINGS
    FCC GROL

Well we didn't think they were minor. Which is why we replicated the system fitted to these aircraft. There are two sets of navigation lights. One is switchable and oscillates in the housings (yes we reproduced this through code and animation technique) the second set is fixed and cannot be turned off except by pulling the circuit breaker. So, logically these fixed lights would come on when power is applied to the aircraft. This is probably the system to which I was referring in 2014.

My reference for this system was Page 146 of the United Airlines DC-8 Flight Manual.

Just took a look at my account at Flightsim.com Pilot Shop and saw something odd: File Last Updated: Tuesday, 22nd September, 2015 @ 07:24am

Not sure what to make of that but thus far, the current update is not there yet. I bought my DC-8 Series 10-40 back in July of 2014 and as per the policy of their store, the free file backup ends 1 year after original purchase (with a $4.95 download link reactivation thereafter). While I'm not a huge fan of this policy(and I'm aware many other folks aren't as well), I do back up my original files and they normally reactivate the link upon an update being issued. I will advise via PM or Direct Email if they do not in due time.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Please...

....give us the NASA paint scheme on the -72!!!!