Manfred Jahns C-47 Reloaded - texture query

Thread: Manfred Jahns C-47 Reloaded - texture query

Manfred Jahns C-47 Reloaded - texture query

With the package comes two optional 32-bit bump maps, named C47_1_T_bump.dds and C47_2_T_bump.dds.

I just want to absolutely clear about the installation of these; I only have to past these two files into the three folders texture, texture.clean and texture.weathered...correct ?

Or do I have to also paste them into the other repaint folders such as texture.piedmont, texture.1308, etc ?

Thanks in advance

I think "texture" suffices, unless the clean and weathered base paints use specifically adapted bump maps of their own.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Geomitrak View Post
    With the package comes two optional 32-bit bump maps, named C47_1_T_bump.dds and C47_2_T_bump.dds.

I just want to absolutely clear about the installation of these; I only have to past these two files into the three folders texture, texture.clean and texture.weathered...correct ?

Or do I have to also paste them into the other repaint folders such as texture.piedmont, texture.1308, etc ?

Thanks in advance
    Those two 32-bit files are optional high res bump maps.
    There are three texture files, each operates independently from the other. Each skin points to a specific texture file. Example, AF Search points to the texture.weathered file.

If you want to use the 32-bit high res bump maps, you need to go to one of the three texture files and replace the existing bump map files with the 32-bit versions. These can be changed to suit your system performance and taste.

Bump me if you need more help.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Gman, applying the higher res bump maps to the 'texture' folder will globally apply it to the rest of the paints?

Gman, so they have to copied to all three folders ( texture, texture.clean and texture.weathered ) yes ?

Gman, so they have to copied to all three folders ( texture, texture.clean and texture.weathered ) yes ?
    Yes. The other texture folders have specific texture.cfgs that point to one of: texture, texture.clean and texture.weathered...Don
    HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E, i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP wet), EVGA GTX 970 FTW, 16GB DDR3-2400,
    128GB SAMSUNG 830-Win 7 Ult x64, 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro-FS9/FSX/P3D, WD 1TB Black-FS98, ROF, etc. WD Black 2TB-Storage/Backup,

Thanks for the help, guys. I've copied them into all three folders. You might ask ' Why not do that anyway, just to be on the safe side ? ' Well, space on my FSX drive is becoming a concern, so I am trying to be as efficient and economical as possible with what capacity I have left.

Thanks again.

Blog Entries
    You can put them in any or all of the three base texture files, depending on which "look" you want to use the textures on. My suggestion is to use these on the reflective types of aircraft which show the bumps in more detail. Each aircraft specific texture has it's own .cfg file that points it to the base texture file it needs. Example: AF Search points to the texture.weathered file that contains the worn cockpit, leather seat etc.

If your system is capable of processing them just install and forget about them. If not, keep them in an safe folder and only use them when desired.

You can also interchange any of the GlobalEnv_AC_Chrome reflection maps as well. These can be placed in the actual airplane specific texture file and determine the reflection image you see in the metal skins. I highly recommend that you keep a "spare parts" file for the DAK with all of these files in their own folders. Copy and paste them into any of the aircraft texture files to modify that airplanes reflection.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Members who have read this thread: 7