C-47 from Manfred Jahn and team - Page 12
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 24567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: C-47 from Manfred Jahn and team

Thanks Nick for the video links, I enjoyed them both.

Many thanks to Manfred for solving the flickering issue in Dx10 in both the C-47 and the C117 vcs
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Don't forget this (25 minutes) :

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicker View Post
    Sorry for the late return, work got in the way of life...
    No worries...work before fun.
    Weird about the radials, they are on the same texture sheet as the rest of the skin. Try a re-install and see if possibly a file got dropped somewhere along the line. Hit me back here when you do that.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

DX10 Fix - another one!

To round this off, with some pointers from users here, I have finally also managed to cure the nasty dx10 shading issue on the upper engine air intakes that dogged these models from the beginning.

Updated dx10 fixes now here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...7_and_C117.zip

(Current dx9 users don't need to bother, except if they are planning to migrate to dx10 in the near future.)

Icon5 Just a couple of things...

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between these two models....model=C47_1 and model=C47_2

Also, I can't seem to shake the wheel chocks, they're even on there while I'm flying (?)
    Thanx!

Quote Originally Posted by Alky View Post
    Can anyone tell me what the difference is between these two models....model=C47_1 and model=C47_2

Also, I can't seem to shake the wheel chocks, they're even on there while I'm flying (?)
    Thanx!
    47R_1 is basically war-time - 'H' aerial, no beacon; 47R-2 is basically post-war - beacon, no 'H' aerial.

Wheel chocks - does this happen using the basic installation as per the readme, without any tweaks or add-ons, flying the EATS plane from within an unmodified folder Douglas_C-47_V2? If not you might want to backup what you have and try the rock-bottom basic version first. This type of error has not been reported so far.... not that I'm aware of at any rate.
    Last edited by mjahn; December 4th, 2013 at 22:17.

What a precious gift! So wonderful to find this after my absence most of this past year. Since my discovering this Flight Simulator Art a few days ago over a dozen enjoyable flights have been made. The way she handles, looks & sounds agree with me in a good way. A sincere thank you to all team members. A project this accomplished is such a joy & will no doubt be appreciated for many years to come.

Last edited by boxcar; December 5th, 2013 at 06:07.

​.

Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post
    47R_1 is basically war-time - 'H' aerial, no beacon; 47R-2 is basically post-war - beacon, no 'H' aerial.

Wheel chocks - does this happen using the basic installation as per the readme, without any tweaks or add-ons, flying the EATS plane from within an unmodified folder Douglas_C-47_V2? If not you might want to backup what you have and try the rock-bottom basic version first. This type of error has not been reported so far.... not that I'm aware of at any rate.
    Thank you for your reply. As for the wheel chocks, I can't reproduce the condition. There's some combination of switches on the co-pilots upper panel I believe. I loaded up the FS, had wheel chocks on the ground, fiddled with the switches and they went away but I couldn't bring them back. Just my ineptitude I think. Don't tell anyone, I don't want to be grounded from my C-47.

Quote Originally Posted by Alky View Post
    As for the wheel chocks, I can't reproduce the condition.
    I stand to be corrected, however, if on the ground, it looks like the main battery switch must be off and the parking brake set
    to see the chocks.
    None of the other switches seem to affect them, but change either of those and they disappear.
    Try as I may, I can't get them to be there in the air, even using the Y key, as soon as the wheels leave the ground they're gone.

Regards,
    Nick

Hi Manfred and co,

Quick question - do the new C-47 and C-117D packages posted to flightsim.com a couple of days ago contain all the recent patches and tweaks (new DX10 friendly models etc)? Just wondering whether I can get everything updated in one go without having to go through this thread?

Keep up the good work - I'm about to take the old girl up for a proving flight in P3D2!

Thanks,

Ade

Quote Originally Posted by ncooper View Post
    Try as I may, I can't get them to be there in the air, even using the Y key, as soon as the wheels leave the ground they're gone.

Regards,
    Nick
    I have no idea what settings I had on or off or which model or paint I was using at the time, but I went to outside view and there it was, gear up with wheel chocks firmly mounted. I wish I'd taken a screenshot LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Petford View Post
    Hi Manfred and co,
    Quick question - do the new C-47 and C-117D packages posted to flightsim.com a couple of days ago contain all the recent patches and tweaks (new DX10 friendly models etc)? Just wondering whether I can get everything updated in one go without having to go through this thread?
    Ade
    Affirmative, these uploads have all the latest tweaks including dx10. Which should also be good for dx11 I suppose, in case you are running P3D V2. Some additional dx11 tweaks may be needed regarding lights, however, as Gman has reported.

Thanks Manfred, I'm off to download them.

Regards,
    Ade

Quote Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
    What a precious gift! So wonderful to find this after my absence most of this past year. Since my discovering this Flight Simulator Art a few days ago over a dozen enjoyable flights have been made. The way she handles, looks & sounds agree with me in a good way. A sincere thank you to all team members. A project this accomplished is such a joy & will no doubt be appreciated for many years to come.

I like this repaint....is it available and if so, what is file name....thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    I like this repaint....is it available and if so, what is file name....thanks
    Comes with the aircraft base pack. Find it in the downloads section here. Nice paint indeed.

​.

Quote Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
    Comes with the aircraft base pack. Find it in the downloads section here. Nice paint indeed.

I already have the base pack, just didn't notice this one. Have be flying a few other liveries (my favs) and didn't notice this one.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanimichal View Post
    Work in progress

\

One of my favourite DC-3s/C-47s.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

First, thanks very much to the C-47 team for sharing their superb skills with such generosity!

Two questions please:

To use TuFun's radial engine sound package the associated ReadMe file says to enter the line Sound=TW in the [Ftlsim] sections of the aircraft.cfg file. Is this in addition to the exsisintg line Sound= (which is the default sound package), or should I delete that line? In other words, does the new sound file replace the default sound file, or is it in addition to the default sound file?

I am having trouble with the linking of the Throttle, Prop and Mixture controls. I use a single Saitek throttle quadrant and never had a problem with multiengine a/c. With the C-47 the controls started out linked, and then for some reason become unlinked and I am not able to relink them using the "middle click" method mentioned in the C-47 ReadMe file. Perhaps I don't know how to properly "middle click" What do I need to do?

Thx much,
    Al

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post

One of my favourite DC-3s/C-47s.
    I did an updated reskin of this for myself but yours looks way better. I like the little Xtra detail on the wheels. When should we see a release? Looking forward to it.
    Had to add. It just ain't no Buffalo Joe airplane without a green cockpit.
    Last edited by Musicman; December 10th, 2013 at 11:41.

Quote Originally Posted by ark1320 View Post
    To use TuFun's radial engine sound package the associated ReadMe file says to enter the line Sound=TW in the [Ftlsim] sections of the aircraft.cfg file. Is this in addition to the exsisintg line Sound= (which is the default sound package), or should I delete that line? In other words, does the new sound file replace the default sound file, or is it in addition to the default sound file?
    Al
    Someone with more authority may respond in due course, but for now I would say you should simply type TW after Sound=
    You can only assign one sound folder for any given aircraft in the cfg, but you could have all the aircraft using TuFun's sounds - in which case they would all say Sound=TW

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ark1320 View Post
    First, thanks very much to the C-47 team for sharing their superb skills with such generosity!

Two questions please:

I am having trouble with the linking of the Throttle, Prop and Mixture controls. I use a single Saitek throttle quadrant and never had a problem with multiengine a/c. With the C-47 the controls started out linked, and then for some reason become unlinked and I am not able to relink them using the "middle click" method mentioned in the C-47 ReadMe file. Perhaps I don't know how to properly "middle click" What do I need to do?

Thx much,
    Al
    I would re-name the default sound file to something like sound_backup or sound_default. Then place the TuFun sound file in the same aircraft folder and name it sound. The sim will point to the new file without having to tweak the code.

Regarding the Saitek controls, are you wanting to use single throttle or dual on the Saitek controller?
    Last edited by gman5250; December 10th, 2013 at 13:53.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Someone with more authority may respond in due course, but for now I would say you should simply type TW after Sound=
    You can only assign one sound folder for any given aircraft in the cfg, but you could have all the aircraft using TuFun's sounds - in which case they would all say Sound=TW

No one will argue with that, your advice is exactly right.

In fact, there is nothing in the original sound folder except
    a .cfg file directing the aircraft to use the default DC3 sounds.

@ark1320, the entries in the aircraft.cfg file, model=, panel=, sound= and texture=
    are used to select which file the aircraft uses from its folder.
    If there is nothing after the =, the aircraft will use a folder called model, panel, sound and texture.

The purpose of the = is so that an aircraft can use more than one folder for different models or paint schemes.
    Thus, if the texture entry reads texture=red, then the aircraft will look for a folder named texture.red.
    In this case, writing sound=TW makes the aircraft use the files in the folder sound.TW
    Often, one can see model=1, using the folder model.1, or panel=old, using the folder panel.old
    Probably too much information but I hope it helps your understanding a little.

Regards,
    Nick.
    Last edited by ncooper; December 10th, 2013 at 13:35.

Nick, Gman, Portia911,
    Thanks much for your "sound" advice, I understand how it works now.

Regarding the Saitek power quadrant, I want to link the C-47 engine controls so that a single Saitek lever controls both throttles, another lever controls both props, and a third lever controls both mixtures. This is how it works with the default DC3.
    If starting the C-47 engines requires unlinking the respective controls and using the mouse to move them, then I'd like to relink them after engine startup. Does using the mouse to move a particular control unlink them? Once unlinked I can't seem to relink the controls, e.g., relink the throttles.
    Thx,
    Al
    Last edited by ark1320; December 11th, 2013 at 10:15.

Members who have read this thread: 168