C-47 from Manfred Jahn and team - Page 4
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: C-47 from Manfred Jahn and team

Just got in a quick flight in the 47. . . FANTASTIC!
    Thanks to all involved!

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyjo View Post
    Thank you to everyone involved with this great project.
    Finally after 5 weeks, I have something that will get me away from the A2A Cessna 172 for awhile.
    One comment..... Is there a way to have the interior and exterior sound volume the same?
    I use headphones and have the volume turned up for the engine startup in exterior view, then going to the interior view the volume is twice as loud, almost enough for me to lose what little bit of hearing I have left. If there is no way to do this, I'll have to remember to turn the volume down before going to the interior view.

Any chance of adding a lever to the dash for the cowl flaps?

Ah headphones... don't use them myself, but I can lower the interior sounds. I will run some test and provide some info tomorrow. I will create an alternate sound.cfg file.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Until FS9 exterior sounds were always louder than the interior sounds. FS9 and FSX seem to have reversed this.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Just started downloading the various files now - but I know from earlier versions and following the development threads over the last few months that this stuff will be pure class!

So a big thank you to Manfred, Gman, Tufun and associates. To your health and generosity, Gentlemen!

Blog Entries
    Gentlemen and Ladies, you have been incredibly patient and supportive throughout the process of developing and readying this aircraft. Your thanks are most appreciated and humbly accepted. I'd like to thank you all for being so supportive and enthusiastic.

This artwork and the other small bits I contributed to this project are my gift to you. Hopefully you will all enjoy the old girl as much as I do. She's a great airplane.
    Thank you Manfred for inviting me in on this project. It's been a great ride.

"And its a fair wind blowing warm out of the south over my shoulder....guess I'll set a course and go."
    David Crosby

Happy flying.....
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Thanks for this wonderful gift :salute:

I'll add to the chorus here by saying a hearty "thank you" to all involved! It looks great and files beautifully, and has that same general 'weighty' feeling on the controls that I've been missing with FS DC-3s since the old dear MAAM FS9 model.

It's hard to improve upon perfection, but I look forward to trying out some panel tweaks myself; adding RXP gauges and replacing the stock radio gauges in the VC with FSD Bendix King gauges.
    -Mark

Thank you all involved in the production of the C47 and the C117, these are the best gift we have had for FSX, fantastic aircraft .

Whether it is the earlier big Lockheed's which I have flown the wings off or these latest DC-3/Super DC-3's by Manfred and Team, there is something that sets them apart, namely they are hugely immersive, and more so than many payware products. Hat's off once again, well done everyone!!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

A big thanks to the developers of this magnificent Dakota (this is the way we called the DC3 during and after the war in Europe

Italo

I admire the dedication put out on the project. Whether anyone realizes, it's very inspirational to see something like whats been done bring those together for the love of the hobby. Freeware like this is a rarity to many these days. I haven't actually taken the time to enjoy flight simulation in quite some time. With the C-47 project, this has given me the urge to fly again.

Great job team! :salute:

And thank-you!!

+1 to have the vintage VC

To paraphrase Winston Spencer Churchill, "Never in the annals of Flight Simulator, has so much been owed by so many to so few".

Both the C-117 and the C-47, plus all of the paints and the new engine sounds are all remarkable works. The talents of Manfred Jahn and his team is astounding. For you guys to devote the enormus amounts of time and to make this project available to the sim community is deeply appreciated. I will have many hours of enjoyment flying these aircraft for years to come. Thanks to each of you for a job that is over the top.

I can't properly express my gratitude that people like you take so much time and trouble to make things of this quality for the rest of us to enjoy for free. It's a labour of love, and it shows. Thank you all!

Gman you are a Gentlemen, thank you for making this plane that much better. You art work is much appreciated, and THANKS again guys!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Marvin Carter
    No matter how hard you try, you can't baptize cats.

Ted Wolfgang.
    I sent you a private message in regards to the updated sound file which lowered the sound level between interior and exterior.
    I'm not sure the reply went out, in case it didn't, the new update does help, Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyjo View Post
    Ted Wolfgang.
    I sent you a private message in regards to the updated sound file which lowered the sound level between interior and exterior.
    I'm not sure the reply went out, in case it didn't, the new update does help, Thank you.
    Your welcome! Designed using a THX certified 200 watt speaker system, didn't take account of headphone users.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul J View Post
    Gents, your aeroplane has taken me back to the late '60's wherein I worked on and flew in them as a radio engineer. Your sound package is by far the best I've heard in all my experience with the flight sim. I had chills up and down my spine: I couldn't speak to my wife, I was that choked up. Thank you all so much for this aircraft, and for all the work and passion that has gone into her.

All the Best,

Paul J [/COLOR]
    I couldn't have said it better! I had the same feelings when developing those big radial sounds pumped thru 200 watts speaker system!

Something I notice, is the tail wheel does not have a rolling animation.

Charter Member 2014 HighGround22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Ah headphones... don't use them myself, but I can lower the interior sounds. I will run some test and provide some info tomorrow. I will create an alternate sound.cfg file.
    Oh yes, THAT would be a marvelous mod, Ted! I, for just one, would be most appreciative of your (further) efforts.

Cheers, Ted.
    -Jon
    -------------
    If you try to fail,
    and you succeed,
    which have you done?

Quote Originally Posted by HighGround22 View Post
    Oh yes, THAT would be a marvelous mod, Ted! I, for just one, would be most appreciative of your (further) efforts.

Cheers, Ted.
    Here you go...

https://app.box.com/s/8bwmof3f4walgg6zsbqi

Charter Member 2014 HighGround22's Avatar
    Oh thankee, Kind-And-Generous Sir!
    -Jon
    -------------
    If you try to fail,
    and you succeed,
    which have you done?

What a wonderfull old bird you all have created.
    Thanks to all involved, and that more old birds may leave your hangar.

Best, Erwin

Thanks!

Thanks for the C-47! As primarily a DC-3 driver, I don't like many of the DC-3's that are out there, payware included. I took it up for a spin around the pattern this morning, and I am going to enjoy learning this bird! Thanks for all the time and effort that went into this.

Dale 8)