Dino Cattaneo F-14D Version 2.11 Ready

Thread: Dino Cattaneo F-14D Version 2.11 Ready

Dino Cattaneo F-14D Version 2.11 Ready

Dino has posted his upgrade to his fantastic F-14D to version 2.11. HERE!!!
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Thanks for the HU Stovall, now downloaded will try it this evening.

Also a big thanks to Dino for this superb aircraft.:salute::salute::salute:

Amazing!!!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Absolutely amazing!!!!
    Many thanks to Dino and crew.
    Love the new paints.

Yeah, this aircraft is absolutely stunning, thanks to Dino Cattaneo's work!!!
    I don't have TacPack, right now, but i just can imagine what can be with all those features!!!
    Thank you very much Dino!

Many thanks again Dino! I enjoyed reading your interview over at Flightsim.com this morning.
    Cheers,
    Dave

How do you get the A to A loadout model in the VF-2 shots above in the latest download (mine came with just the bombcat loadout, I think .. ).
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

@expat

If you have the Tacpack, you can just invoke the loadout configurator (Shift+4).
    Otherwise you can change the individual stations from the "Fuel and Payload" menu following the instructions in the menu - the right weight on a given station will make the weapon appear.

Its been said but this model just gets better and better... thank you.

Dino... For non Tac pac user is there a list of weights like you posted for the F-35. I have looked but haven't found the info yet... how to put some Phoenix on the pallet for example.

Matt

There you go... but, as for the F-35, it is on the (much complete) manual. Page 4.

follows:
    STATION 1A AND 8A: AIM-9 Sidewinder token weight: 196lbs
    STATION 1B AND 8B: AIM-9 Sidewinder 196lbs, AIM-7 Sparrow 509lbs
    STATION 8B ONLY: Lantirn 412lbs
    STATIONS 3/4/5/6:

AIM-7 Sparrow: 509lbs

Rail support: 307lbs (with bomb ejector -> 308lbs)

AIM-54 Phoenix: 1331 lbs (1024+307)

GBU-31 JDAM: 2433 lbs

GBU-10 : 2421 lbs (2114+307)

GBU-12 : 917 lbs (610+307)

MK-82: 855 lbs (448+307)

MK-83: 1293 lbs (986+307)

MK-84: 2346 lbs (2039+307)

Indeed a Fantastic work
    Thanks a lot Dino, much obliged.

Wonder what to do to have a clean aircraft... can't find a way to eject those external fuel tanks....no TacPack here
    Help anyone?

Regards

as indicated in the tacpack document, you cannot jettison the tanks with this model.

Thanks for the info Dino...sorry I missed that.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by kdfw View Post
    as indicated in the tacpack document, you cannot jettison the tanks with this model.
    Thanks. because I don´t own TacPack, didn´t care about that document.....

Best regards

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Thanks. because I don´t own TacPack, didn´t care about that document.....

Best regards
    Lol. That's where the load out information is, whether one cares about it or not.

Just wanted to chime in here and offer a very big, heartfelt thank you. The F-14 is one of my favorite planes in real life - I have a ton of books, video & various ephemera documenting the plane throughout it's history. In fact, (and this is not a reflection of the quality of the movie,) Top Gun was the first big screen movie I ever saw, at the drive in with my parents when I was about six.

Needless to say, this is one of my favorite add-ons, hands down. The fact that it's freeware earns Dino my greatest respect. :salute:

Dino,

The distance you have taken the development of the F-14D is truly remarkable. Your earlier versions have all been great but this one is outstanding.

Question: I can get the launch bar to move and a/c to kneel via the panel switch but can't find in the manual how to engage the cat harness/bridle and raise the blast shield. Result: can't carrier launch. The usual Accel keystrokes - Ctr + I; Ctr + U don't seem to work and I have the nose wheel in position on the shuttle. Used to work fine on your earlier versions but maybe I have forgotten some special procedure?

Regards and thanks,

expat
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Copyright © Bill Campbell is the creator of the Weird-ohs
    Ctr + I; Ctr + U don't seem to work
    I have "Shift"+ I, etc.... :salute:

Launches and arrest on Enterprise very nicely, a gentlemanly approach speed of 123 knots at moderate weight. My only beef is the CG which is at about 2% MAC. Seems to fly OK as FS has enough backwards workarounds to make anything fly.

Nice plane and a great addition!

Regards: T

Contact points are always a PITA. Looks as if the points might be tuned a bit further. Below is a carrier type FCLP landing with the mains burying a bit. I also see the nose wheel staying slightly above the surface. Tailhook arrestment strength seems possibly slightly high, matter of opinion. It's arrestment manners are good, improvement of which is usually the reason for adjusting this, not the case here.

As is, great plane, feel free to ignore the above comments: TAttachment 94966

Thanks, Dino. I remember when I was a boy and this plane first appeared. I've been fascinated with it ever since.

JAMES
    "Deserve's got nothing to do with it."

-William Munny
    Unforgiven (1992)

Quote Originally Posted by Eoraptor1 View Post
    Thanks, Dino. I remember when I was a boy and this plane first appeared. I've been fascinated with it ever since.

JAMES
    Me too, James. In our local paper when I was a teenager in high school, there was an article when the plane was initially rolled out of the hangar by Grumman. The article noted that Grumman had even prepared
    an owner's manual for it with the owner being the American taxpayer. I wrote to Grumman, requesting a copy of the "manual" and was delighted to get back a full-color
    booklet detailing the Tomcat's attributes and (at that time) prospective abilities. It was written and illustrated in the style of a new car booklet you'd get at the showroom. That
    booklet is still in my collection today alongside the booklet that was handed out at the Tomcat's Sunset ceremony at NAS Oceana. Kinda a full-circle thing.

Thankfully, the talented folks like Dino and others that share a fondness for the Big Cat will enable us to fly the friendly and unfriendly skies in the virtual world!

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"