FTX Global Iceland Demo
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FTX Global Iceland Demo

FTX Global Iceland Demo

They opened a new sub-website dedicated for FTX Vector & Demo of Iceland.

http://www.fullterrain.com/product_ftxgiceland.html

Just manual for download now but links for demo will be soon (perhaps after the weekend).
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Charter Member 2011
    well that is nice of em, be interesting to see the effects of all the ftx global stuff first hand.
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

Looks great from the screenshots ... can't wait to try it ! Mike

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/top...o-final-shots/

"ll going well we should have the Iceland Demo ready for download by tonight or tomorrow morning. Just waiting on final approval from testers."

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Aaaand it's out...

For simmers who have FTX Global installed already: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/top...mo-on-version/

For those who don't have FTX Global: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/top...o-off-version/

Edit: Now also on the Iceland page (no forum registration neccessary): http://www.fullterrain.com/product_ftxgiceland.html
    P3D v4.5, DCS, AF2
    W10 64bit Pro
    Core i7 6770K @ 4,3 GHz
    32 GB DDR4 2666
    RTX 2080 Super 8 GB
    Oculus Rift S
    Cable 1000 Mbit/s

Members +
    Just about finish the download and should be up in the Iceland virtual air within the hour. Will report back.
    BigBry

Members +
    Interesting, the installer has an option for P3D v2.
    BigBry

Quote Originally Posted by BigBry View Post
    Interesting, the installer has an option for P3D v2.
    Most if not all of their scenery has dual installers these days. They are big supporters of P3D.

I've got to wait 'til this evening to get mine so I'm hoping that their servers hold up.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Downloaded and tried, thanks for the HU YoYo. This is very impressive with lots to see.

Many thanks to ORBX, I think this should have a Sticky.

Members +
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Most if not all of their scenery has dual installers these days. They are big supporters of P3D.
    Indeed they are. And have had dual installers. But what it's the first time I see the "V2" option. It's coming...
    BigBry

Members +
    Safely on the ground after 30 minutes of sightseeing (BIRF-BIST). Opus weather made the landing interesting!

This is a solid product. An quite an impressive offer for freeware I might add. I don't have time screenshots but will try to post some later this evening.

Install went no problem. I have many ORBX regions, etc (but not Global).

In terms of smoothness and fps, they never dipped below 27 (locked at 30 on my mid level system).
    BigBry

Not a fan of FTXGlobal, but the screenshots looks pretty good and it's a nice gift, definitely worth checking out. Thanks for the HU
    Best, Michael

Downloading sloooooowwwwwly lol!
    Live to fly, fly to live. Do or die, ACES HIGH!

CPL(A), Single Pilot Multi-Engine Instrument Rating, tail-wheel, aerobatic, formation
    Category A Flight Instructor with night, aerobatics, spinning, terrain awareness and basic mountain flying endorsements
    General Aviation Flight Examiner
    Chief Flying Instructor for Auckland Aero Club

How come there's no ice in Iceland? That ain't right.

Cheers,
    Fritz

Charter Member 2011
    its all in Greenland, ironically
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

I would be very interested to see how it looks without FTX Global installed.

Since it is a generous gift and a non-global version also exists I will try it anyway, just would be interested to have a look.

Quote Originally Posted by pivo11 View Post

Cheers,
    Fritz
    Iceland is surrounded by the warm Gulf Stream, that's why!

Attachment 94877

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    I would be very interested to see how it looks without FTX Global installed.

Since it is a generous gift and a non-global version also exists I will try it anyway, just would be interested to have a look.

both versions look the same and have all the Global textures etc... the difference is that the Global version integrates with the Global control Panel for those who have it, the non-global version is a stand alone, anybody can use it scenery. you still get the textures.

Quote Originally Posted by ftl818 View Post

Attachment 94877

yep we all got worked by Erik the Red when those places were named.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnG View Post
    both versions look the same and have all the Global textures etc... the difference is that the Global version integrates with the Global control Panel for those who have it, the non-global version is a stand alone, anybody can use it scenery. you still get the textures.
    Thank you! Most informative reply sir!:salute:

I've been quite pleased with how ORBX FTX did New Zealand (I have their South Island package; do most of my flying there). Being something of an armchair volcanologist I'll be very interested in how they render one of the most geologically active and dynamic regions on Earth. Looking forward to see how they visualize Surtsey, Vestmannaeyjar, and the Laki Fissure region.

N.

Quote Originally Posted by ftl818 View Post

Come along, the Gulf Stream does not prevent freezing in Iceland. If ya don't believe me, have a look here: http://www.ttv.is/en/winter/ice-fishing-ttv-11

Cheerio,
    Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by pivo11 View Post
    Come along, the Gulf Stream does not prevent freezing in Iceland. If ya don't believe me, have a look here: http://www.ttv.is/en/winter/ice-fishing-ttv-11

Cheerio,
    Fritz
    Yeah, it freezes up north and especially the streams, rivers and lakes at elevation. Looks like Orbx left that feature out of this scenery.

Members who have read this thread: 1