North American Trojan T28B and T28C previews
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: North American Trojan T28B and T28C previews

North American Trojan T28B and T28C previews

Well, I've spent the last 6 months converting the T28D into a T28B and T28C and it is about to enter the beta testing stage.

Some of the differences between the D and the B&C are:

B&C have a speedbrake
    B&C panel has different lighting and a few new/different gauges
    B&C switch panel is different
    C has a tailhook, shorter prop and different nosewheel
    B&C have castoring nose wheel

Some of the improvements I have made (and which will be available for the D version):

Attack model which has 6 weapons stations capable of taking guns, bombs and rockets.
    VC rain, icing and fogging effects
    Structural icing
    Engine damage modelling (including oil consumption)
    New animation manager which allows adjustment of weights and fuels (no need to use FSX menus anymore)
    "Exterior Inspection mode" which allows user to perform "walk around" aircraft before flight
    Kohlsman display switchable between mb and inHg
    Improvements to MP performance

The B&C will be available as a separate package (still at the usual cheap cheap price of $19.95). The D version will be upgraded to Version 2.0 and that will be a free upgrade to existing D model owners.

Very nice! For some reason those other images aren't showing up for me. Are the speeds comparable between versions?
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Ah to be as good as you... Awesome work Ant... Absolutely lovely work! I'll be lining up at the counter for this one when she's done

Looking fabulous Ant
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    Very nice! For some reason those other images aren't showing up for me. Are the speeds comparable between versions?
    Pics should be fixed (I got the IMG codes wrong).

By speed do you mean airspeed? They all have the same engine and drag and prop (at least the B and D do) so they should be the same speed. The C is a bit slower as it is a bit heavier and the prop is smaller in diameter (although the blades are wider). I model the drag from the weapons load out so the attack version will alway be a bit slower due to the extra weight and drag.

Great news Ant. The only way to improve upon your T-28 was to come out with a T-28C! Looking forward to it.
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Thank you for providing the D upgrade as a free update. That is indeed a real gift.

A

Andrew Entwistle
    Per Ardua ad Astra

Now that'll be fun putting it on a deck , looking forward to it <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

This is super good news. :ernae: Looking forward to the new Trojans. Thanks, Anthony.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Yes! Great news Anthony and those preview screenshots look absolutely spectacular!!!

Outstanding work Anthony !!! Mike

A "Must buy" for me....

Kent

I was tempted by the D and still am... but the B/C version will be a must buy for sure. Looking forward to putting it on the deck!

Very much enjoyed the D, bring on the B,C... great work Ant

Matt

A bit of dreaming: A TAC-PAC version of the Trojan would be awesome...
    Anneke

The detail is fantastic Ant. Great work. A must when complete.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

great work Anthony - just outstanding as usual for you - thank you
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Automatic buy; thanks for all your hard work!

Blog Entries
    Absolutely fantastic work their Ant.....

That is beautiful!

Other than the US Bicentennial scheme...

...on OzX, does anyone know of any reapaints for this gorgeous bird? I've Googled it with no success (so far)...

Kent

Very Glade you decided to do the B and C models :salute: outstanding

any version 2 update on this wonderful product?

All repaints done.

T-28D version 2.0 updates are done and now undergoing final checking. Working with so many models my simple mind gets confused easily and have to make sure I've copied any updates correctly to all the models.

Still a couple of bugs to iron out on the T-28B/C.

Official end date of the beta test is the end of the Nov.

And from there I need to double double check everything, do all the promo materials, package up the installers and then it can be released. So some time in the first half of December.

The T-28B/C will be released at the same time as the T-28D version 2. Remember that the B/C and D are separate products (but still only $19.95 each). The D version 2 is a free update to anyone with the version 1 or 1.1 of the D.

Looking forward to the version 2.0 update for the D model and will give some serious thought to buying the B and/or C model as Xmas presents for myself. Just out of interest, have you or could you consider offering the B and C models as a bundle with a discount?

Best,

Taff
    The grass is always greener on the other side...

But, it's just as hard to mow!