'Battlestar Galactica; I've Figured It Out!'
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Battlestar Galactica; I've Figured It Out!'

Lightbulb 'Battlestar Galactica; I've Figured It Out!'

After watching tonight's final season premier episode, here's what I think happened;

1) 13th colony (Earth) is really the "original" colony

2) On Earth, the nuclear holocaust was actually the humans who killed the cylons.

3) Then when at the end, Ellen Tigh said "everything was in place, they'd be together again...that meant that...

4) The cylons would be re-born and their revenge is to kill of the humans..

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    2) On Earth, the nuclear holocaust was actually the humans who killed the cylons.
    Theory 2a:
    The cylons on earth were killed by a Colonial fleet nuke attack from the 12 colonies led by Kara 'Starbuck' Thrace...

And jack and Jill went up the hill to fetch a pail of water...little jack horner sat in the corner....and now we got Thrace finder her own body, etc, etc, etc...whew! ...i'm exhausted already:faint:

I'll just take five right here and be right back with six more theories....

CheerZ P99 !!!

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

redriver6
    Theory 2a:
    The cylons on earth were killed by a Colonial fleet nuke attack from the 12 colonies led by Kara 'Starbuck' Thrace...
    i dunno about that..the body in that viper was decomposed but not 2000 years decomposed.

Question

Hmmm....
    I *think* it was that way for effect....

But....

I still think that in someway, the earth cylons were killed off by humans...

Quote Originally Posted by redriver6 View Post
    i dunno about that..the body in that viper was decomposed but not 2000 years decomposed.
    Same could be said about those partially intact skeletal remains they found along with the robotic Cylon head. Those bones were NOT 2000 years in the ground. The bones of rib cages are completely separated even after a few months of exposure to the natural elements - connective tissue doesn't hold up to 2000 years of decomp. Funky props...

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Hmmm....
    I *think* it was that way for effect....

But....

I still think that in someway, the earth cylons were killed off by humans...

I think the wreck on Earth is only supposed to be a couple of months old, since Kara mentions the battery in the beacon being almost dead, which makes sense for a couple of months (the time since she initially found Earth), not 2000 years. Combined with the condition of the body and the fact that the wreck is almost intact (not weathered away), I think the wreck is supposed to date from when Kara arrived on Earth.

As for Ellen being the final Cylon, I think there may be more than five later on. When Dee is on earth, she finds the jacks and locket (which looks very similar to the one she takes off at the locker later), and that really looked like the "I've been here before" moments the other Cylons went through.

I get the feeling that having Ellen as the final Cylon wasn't planned out very far in advance, since I remember there being a podcast where the director (or someone in charge of creating the show) talked about how hard it was to tell the actress who played Ellen that her character was being killed off on New Caprica, so I suspect she may be a bit or a red hearring or something.

I have no idea where the story goes with the 13th tribe being Cylons, but I wonder if there's a connection between Six and Balter getting nuked on Caprica and Tigh and Ellen getting nuked on Earth 2000 years prior.

Quote Originally Posted by azflyboy View Post

As for Ellen being the final Cylon, I think there may be more than five later on. When Dee is on earth, she finds the jacks and locket (which looks very similar to the one she takes off at the locker later), and that really looked like the "I've been here before" moments the other Cylons went through.
    Interesting point...

Oops, thought this went into my other post, but I found a discussion on another forum that seems to give a pretty convincing explanation of the whole "13th tribe were Cylons" twist.

"A long long time ago, a colony of Cylons split off, and evolved their own separate way on Earth. These Cylons looked like old school BSG Cylons, and their skinjobs were different. Then stuff blew up (probably a skinjob, who were now essentially humans and Cylon war). Somehow, 5 of them made it so that they would be reincarnated elsewhere."

redriver6
    one thing i do know...thats a FN 5.7 pistol the Admiral was brandishing about.

Quote Originally Posted by redriver6 View Post
    one thing i do know...thats a FN 5.7 pistol the Admiral was brandishing about.
    Yeah,
    I must admit I do like the Colonies choice of weapons...

redriver6
    Quote Originally Posted by azflyboy View Post
    "A long long time ago, a colony of Cylons split off, and evolved their own separate way on Earth. These Cylons looked like old school BSG Cylons, and their skinjobs were different. Then stuff blew up (probably a skinjob, who were now essentially humans and Cylon war). Somehow, 5 of them made it so that they would be reincarnated elsewhere."
    A long time ago
    in a colony
    far far away

Did anyone else notice what Leoben said to Starbuck before she went to look for the remains of the crashed Viper? Don't look for it because "You may not like what you find". These were the last words Dr. Zaius said to Taylor before he and that hottie-hot-hot Nova rode down the shoreline at the end of the original Planet of the Apes. When Tigh waded out into the water, I half expected him to scream, "Damn you all to HELL!!!!"

JAMES
    "Deserve's got nothing to do with it."

-William Munny
    Unforgiven (1992)

Lightbulb

Yeah but in the end of the scene, even Leoban was scared and he ditched Starbuck! :d

Panther,

I've got to post a picture of one of my Christmas presents in another thread. Prepare to burn with envy.

JAMES
    "Deserve's got nothing to do with it."

-William Munny
    Unforgiven (1992)

Drake
    Pretty weird seeing Leoban scared of Starbuck for the first time ever. Wasn't expecting Dee to off herself or the Ellen thing. Gonna be interesting to see how this all plays out over the next 9 weeks.

I still think Kara is one of the 6 "extra" Cylons over the 4 we already know. Let's see, that makes 10 total. :costumes:

1. Ellen Tigh ----- revealed here..... http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...,3409207.story
    2. Madame President - Laura Roslin
    3. Gaius Baltar
    4. Dee
    5. And just to p*ss him off...... Admiral Adama
    Wouldn't he just chit his pants?

The "5" are the best candidates of any tho. Kara is a possibility but there's going to be something shocking about her. Maybe she ends up being the Supreme Cylon. How else can it be explained she disappears, is reborn, makes her own fighter with fuel to get back to the fleet? Oh, and knows the way back to the fleet because she can "feel" it, like on her quest to find Earth. And then convinces Adama to finally do as she begs. Give me a break.... she's the top "Cylon" dog. Woof Woof
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

I too think Kara Thrace is the 5th Cylon. Helen Tigh is dead, and may not come back as she was so far away from "Earth" when she died, no resurection. Kara found that body with her dog tags on, and the fighter wreckage with the registration numbers that matched hers. She burned the body so the rest couldn't find out, except that one Cylon that was with her when she found it. Another thing that was mentioned in that gathering in Baltars lab was that the remains of the skeletons were all Cylons, and that one Centurion was not a model that the current Cylons were familier with. Remember, Adama may be taking the rest out into deep space to see if they can find the place the survivors went after the planet was nuked. I agree, the skeletons were hokie as time would have done a lot more to them. However remember, the planet was nuked and the bacteria that helps to decompose the bodies may have been killed off with the destruction of the planets surface. Starbucks body may have had it's own bacteria that allowed some decomposition when she crashed. After months, there was still a lot of tissue from what I saw, that may only have been left after a fire in the cockpit. Her helmet was scorched preatty badly, and that may have been all that was left after re-entry through the atmosphere. She did have some protection from the re-entry effects by the cockpit of her Viper that would have allowed enough of the remains to be found.

MCDesigns
    Quote Originally Posted by GT182 View Post
    I still think Kara is one of the 6 "extra" Cylons over the 4 we already know. Let's see, that makes 10 total. :costumes:

1. Ellen Tigh ----- revealed here..... http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...,3409207.story
    2. Madame President - Laura Roslin
    3. Gaius Baltar
    4. Dee
    5. And just to p*ss him off...... Admiral Adama
    Wouldn't he just chit his pants?
    What I was thinking also. it was a great episode, lots of things I didn't expect and lots that made me go "huh?!!". When Kara found her dead self, that was just freaky.
    Gotta admit, got the 4th season on DVD and started to watch it and never really got into it, but this episode got me back into it, can't wait for the next episode.

They're only teasing us with the 5th Cylon yet to be revealed. There's more to this than they're letting on.... just to keep us in suspense, and guessing too. Lucky guess or not, we'll only know who it is when the fat lady sings. :costumes:
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

Question

I wonder if there's a parallel between Kara and "Count Iblis" of the original TV series--> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Count_Iblis

redriver6
    what if...............

everydody is a cylon and there are no humans??

Hi all,
    Not seen all of the 4th series yet.about halfway through,(Felt a bit ripped off when I found out that Razor was in the boxed set after I bought it separately).
    My theory is that the final 5 are from Earth and were developed by the 13th tribe.They were then sent out by Earth to find the lost 12 colonies.
    That is why like Earth is a legend to the Colonies the 5 are a legend to the Cylons.
    What remains to be seen is whose side they are on.

Buddha13
    Who is the bigger fool,The fool or the man who listens to the fool.

Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons....For you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Lightbulb

Hey Budda...
    Interesting theory but all the dead bodies found on earth were all Cylon - not one of them was human...