Leapfrog 3 available at Avsim !

Thread: Leapfrog 3 available at Avsim !

Lightbulb Leapfrog 3 available at Avsim !

File Description:
    Kick the tires and light the fires and fly with 3 RCAF Sabre Squadrons as they cross the North Atlantic ferrying aircraft to Zweibrucken Germany from Ottawa Canada. Choose whether you fly in formation, hands-off or in an individual flight. Custom aircraft paints, sceneries, and detailed instructions are provided as well as historical background and photos for this historical 1953 event. This project, for FS2004, has been in the works for 2 years and represents a team effort from Flight Ontario. As well this project is dedicated to the memory of Al Gay, who passed away on Oct 17, 2012, and is missed greatly by our team. Ted Creagh: cecreagh@shaw.ca / Glen Broome: glenishome@btopenworld

Filename: leapfrog_3.zip
    License: Freeware
    Added: 21st October 2013, 20:35:52
    Downloads: 102
    Author: Flight Ontario
    Size: 296782kb

Quote Originally Posted by Navtech View Post

File Description:
    Kick the tires and light the fires and fly with 3 RCAF Sabre Squadrons as they cross the North Atlantic ferrying aircraft to Zweibrucken Germany from Ottawa Canada. Choose whether you fly in formation, hands-off or in an individual flight. Custom aircraft paints, sceneries, and detailed instructions are provided as well as historical background and photos for this historical 1953 event. This project, for FS2004, has been in the works for 2 years and represents a team effort from Flight Ontario. As well this project is dedicated to the memory of Al Gay, who passed away on Oct 17, 2012, and is missed greatly by our team. Ted Creagh: cecreagh@shaw.ca / Glen Broome: glenishome@btopenworld

Filename: leapfrog_3.zip
    License: Freeware
    Added: 21st October 2013, 20:35:52
    Downloads: 102
    Author: Flight Ontario
    Size: 296782kb

Which Sabre is used? I only have the Section-8 installed ... Otherwise this would be very interesting!

Cheers,
    Sascha

Charter Member 2016
    It uses the sectionf8 sabre. it also seems to include some nice vintage scenery for some of the airfields on the route, including a version of keflavik and v force bombers. I haven't had time to try it out yet but it looks like a quality product
    "Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." - 2 Nephi 31:20

Mormon.org

Charter Member 2011
    I thought: 29 MB would include quite a bit of scenery and stuff, give it a go.
    When the download was still running after 5 minutes, I looked again: 100MB and counting!
    Ah, not 29 MB, then.

This looks really interesting, and I suspect one could spend a bit of quality time exploring this giant work.

Flight Ontario's wonderful scenery is an essential part of my 'standard' FS9 install, complements Ultimate Terrain perfectly; the thought of adding that level of detail to my '50s install has me positively salivating. Thanks to all the team at Flight Ontario. :salute:
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by EMatheson View Post
    It uses the sectionf8 sabre. it also seems to include some nice vintage scenery for some of the airfields on the route, including a version of keflavik and v force bombers. I haven't had time to try it out yet but it looks like a quality product
    Thank you, I'm off to download!

Cheers,
    Sascha

A question for you about installation and I hope I don't sound to stupid but, Where do the "Saved Flight Files" go ?
    T Square

The Load Toad

WEAPONS
    LOADER CREED
    We, the unwilling
    Led by the unknowing,
    Are doing the impossible,
    For the ungrateful.

Unless you build set of flights with a desc.txt file and flight briefings such as what's in the Flights folder, most other flt, pln, and wx files go in My Documents\Flight Simulator Files.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home