GAS Great Lakes Sport Biplane for FSX/P3D

Thread: GAS Great Lakes Sport Biplane for FSX/P3D

GAS Great Lakes Sport Biplane for FSX/P3D

Sorry for the delay, we're back up. We're, again, proud to offer our Great Lakes Sport Biplane at a 20% discount exclusively to the SOH community. The package contains 5 aircraft, each with two liveries, representing the Great Lakes from its origin in 1929 to the mid 1950's. A bonus scenery package is included of Phenick Field, updated from the original release in the PT-22 package. We hope you enjoy the ride and thanks for the support the community has shown us over the years as we've attempted to bring the golden age to flight simulator

Downloading now.

Thanks so much, I've been looking forward to the Great Lakes.

Barry

Thanks guys, downloading now!:salute:
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Awesome set of period planes - as usual guys

But I can't find the Phenick Field folder anywhere and there was no "installer" added to the desktop.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Decided on a reboot just in case and it worked! The installer and the field manager both "magically" appeared this time. So everything is just fine. BTW, Phenick Field is really nice.

Again, thanks for all the care and attention y'all put into all of your great products.
    Racartron
    it means something, but I just can't remember what

Charter Member 2016
    Is there any update to the FS9 version of Phenick Field?
    "Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." - 2 Nephi 31:20

Mormon.org

My kind of airplanes! :salute: Downloading!!!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Quote Originally Posted by EMatheson View Post
    Is there any update to the FS9 version of Phenick Field?
    no if there were to be it would come from 29Palms. I got the sense he was past anymore work on the scenery. He made the FSX update on commission from us

Love the Ranger powered Great Lakes.

Here's a shot of mine flying home from the paint shop.

Here is a little video to showcase all the planes included in this great package.

A joy to fly...

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Quote Originally Posted by binarkansas View Post
    Love the Ranger powered Great Lakes.

Here's a shot of mine flying home from the paint shop.
    Hey that looks some kinda nice...are you planning to upload it somewhere?
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    Hey that looks some kinda nice...are you planning to upload it somewhere?
    Heywood, thanks for the comment. I paint models to suit myself. Most are fictional, as is this one. Usually the N numbers have some significance to me. Dec. 28, is my wife's birth day, thus 1228. I've never uploaded a single paint to any site. If you like I could email you the files if you want to try it. I've also changed the panel. I can include those changes too, if you'd like to see them. Just replaced the wood panel with the black crinkle one, no big deal.

Here's another shot of the same paint. If you want it, PM me with your email address.

Barry

Quote Originally Posted by binarkansas View Post
    Heywood, thanks for the comment. I paint models to suit myself. Most are fictional, as is this one. Usually the N numbers have some significance to me. Dec. 28, is my wife's birth day, thus 1228. I've never uploaded a single paint to any site. If you like I could email you the files if you want to try it. I've also changed the panel. I can include those changes too, if you'd like to see them. Just replaced the wood panel with the black crinkle one, no big deal.

Here's another shot of the same paint. If you want it, PM me with your email address.

Barry
    only if it were for general release Barry, but thanks for the offer - the personal reg number gives it a nice touch and I understand the sentiment - I have been married to my wife for 29 years and life is good

I really need to learn the skill for myself one of these days...
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Members +
    Thanx GAS,As Usual GREAT JOB...NICE Plane..This Months AOPA Mag Features this Venerable Classic..Worth a read....Vin<label for="rb_iconid_14"></label>

Quote Originally Posted by beana51 View Post
    Thanx GAS,As Usual GREAT JOB...NICE Plane..This Months AOPA Mag Features this Venerable Classic..Worth a read....Vin<label for="rb_iconid_14"></label>
    It's amazing to note that in 1929 you could have the Great Lakes for around $3000.00 The new version is 248,000 for the base model. Just to give you context 3000.00 in 1929 would have the buying power of 42,000 in today's currency. It's pretty pricey reproduction. None the less it does validate the enduring design of the airframe that has been though so many conversions and power plants and still turns heads.

Hi, I tried downloading the Flight1 bundle package and it errored out during install with a file corrupt message. Could you please check on this? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by FleetingThought View Post
    Hi, I tried downloading the Flight1 bundle package and it errored out during install with a file corrupt message. Could you please check on this? Thanks.
    That file has been replaced. It should be good now. You can contact me through our website.

That is an amazing package!
    Thank you,GAS team for all your work and thank you again Paul for your help.
    Love it.
    Mike

All is good, thanks for your rapid response!

A beautiful package, btw; I continue to enjoy the Stinson SR-8, but you've really done a fantastic job with this GL suite. Lots of work with the different engines and cockpits, they all look spectacular, and the different models fly distinctly. The engine sounds are quite compelling, the whole sound set is, in fact.

Steve

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk