Ultimate Bonanza

Thread: Ultimate Bonanza

Ultimate Bonanza

What do you get when you strap a 500 hp turbine to a Beech Bonanza? One awesome plane!
    http://www.aopa.org/AOPA-Live.aspx?w...-1C8FE833E2C6}. This looks right up Lionhearts alley
    Dandog

Just This Guy!

waahoo, thanks for posting, i should add, everything turbine is just fine
    A nice addon idea for a great Dev:salute:
    Have few good ones Folks,
    Yves

Bummer!!!!! I left my 450 grand in my other pants. Along with the donor airframe.

'Cruising at 17,000ft, which is a normal vfr altitude'...

Yeah ok.

And conversion only costs $450,000!

FL170 cruise... and no pressurization?

Interesting concept, but expensive.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

4/10, would not want to fly*

(*I mean...just look at the nose section of that thing!)

Someone should do an ultralight trike turboprop conversion... Flying bed sheet with some grunt

Or an ultralight X-15 with a J-79...no wait, that'd be a Starfighter.

Twin after burning hand glider?

Flight Levels - Not until after 18,000 feet

A couple of things...if you are pressurized or have supplemental oxygen, VFR can be flown above 12,500 to 17,500. At 18,000, altimeter setting is switched to 29.92 and flight levels begin (at least in CONUS...I don't know about Europe). And... yes, many folks fly VFR above 12,500. (Even if flying IFR, you need pressurization or supplemental oxygen above 12,500 feet.)
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Yup, that's pretty much true. Once you get to 18,000 msl, you get into class A airspace. No VFR allowed there. Now, if you live on the east coast, and over into Texas, not much of a need for much elevation. However, in much of the rest of the CONUS, a little altitude is needed for VFR/GA flights. Its a terrain avoidance issue. You won't need pressurization, but run the heater and use supplemental oxygen (the little tank and the aquarium tubing). People do it all the time. There, do I sound as opinionated and authoritative as some of the other posts (previous post excluded).

I would love to take that little Bonanza hot rod for a ride! Sure, I could probably use a 160 hp continental to get airborne, but as Clyde said, "Speed is the only reason for flying".
    Dandog

Just This Guy!

Members who have read this thread: 0