Virtavia B-29 Released - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Virtavia B-29 Released

I am thinking of getting this and making a well worn cockpit like I did for the A2A B-17, anyone interested?

Quote Originally Posted by TeiscoDelRay View Post
    I am thinking of getting this and making a well worn cockpit like I did for the A2A B-17, anyone interested?
    Sure. I always enjoy flying in a lived-in but functional cockpit.
    :ernae:

+1

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

+1!!!

That would be awesome!

Without a dout brussel sprout , I really do like the internals done on this B29 , it dose exude that 3D feel and is very well done , there are a few issues but i'm that will get sorted such as engine start ... love to see a slow whined and the kick in effect rather the electric motor type start

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    Without a dout brussel sprout , I really do like the internals done on this B29 , it dose exude that 3D feel and is very well done , there are a few issues but i'm that will get sorted such as engine start ... love to see a slow whined and the kick in effect rather the electric motor type start

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input id="jsProxy" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" type="hidden" jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()">
    I'd fully support that work. Yes indeed.

I gotta tell ya, I played with that engine start-up for a long time and never could get them to "slow start". Something in the sim I guess? If any builders out there can shed some light I would be most appreciative.

Engine Startup

TuFun here at SOH would be the man to contact. He has made some fantastic startup sounds and animation for MJ's fantastic upcoming C-47. Hope this helps.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Quote Originally Posted by mal998 View Post
    I gotta tell ya, I played with that engine start-up for a long time and never could get them to "slow start". Something in the sim I guess? If any builders out there can shed some light I would be most appreciative.
    Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    TuFun here at SOH would be the man to contact. He has made some fantastic startup sounds and animation for MJ's fantastic upcoming C-47. Hope this helps.
    The slow prop startup is coded by Manfred Jahn (mjahn) in to his C-47 model. That gave me the opportunity to create the sound and smoke effects. mjahn can give you more insight on how this works.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Thanks fellas. I will check that out.

The first flight.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

The 2nd one.. really nice shot. Something looks odd in the cowls, or is it suppose to look like that? I mean the way they're opened.

Quote Originally Posted by adi518 View Post
    The 2nd one.. really nice shot. Something looks odd in the cowls, or is it suppose to look like that? I mean the way they're opened.
    Complete control of the cowl flaps is on the engineer's station. In the images above they have been placed in the open position.

Yeh, I know.

I just referred to someone's previous comment saying something looks odd about the cowls.

That shot is really, really nice.

Here is full open but I agree, a little big gap between cowls flap.
    See here: http://acc.kitreview.com/images/cec4...mparison_1.jpg
    And here (full open):

If You open from engineer position for half looks better:

Did You notice strange settings of "first" (pilot) view from VC? I havent pilot view but bomb door from VC view. The first view of VC must be set up as "F9" always in model of FSX - pilot view. Here I must operate some of "A" (key) to back view for pilot.
    http://barelybad.com/FSX/FSXintro.htm

F9 key its a default (and first VC) FSX pilot view and here we have view to bomb door (back). Any idea how to solve it? In CameraDefinition You have programmed views, so not default, if You change eyepoint [View] You change all settings too - so it isnt good move. It Looks like its in the model directly.

VC screen (very good fps!):

btw.
    good picture for desktop :

Direct: (1920x1080) http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/a...0.jpg~original
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Anyone find the paint kit?

http://www.virtavia.com/Freeware/ind...=/Paint%20Kits

Sort by date will put it right at the top
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

ohh... I forgot to choose 'paint kits' above.. it's kind of obscure.

Edit: now, I figured it out... in this link pointed out on the main page: http://www.virtavia.com/Freeware/index.php there's no link to the paint kits folder like in the link you gave. Where did you fetch that one? the manual?

Edit: now, I figured it out... in this link pointed out on the main page: http://www.virtavia.com/Freeware/index.php there's no link to the paint kits folder like in the link you gave. Where did you fetch that one? the manual?
    No. When you use the freeware link you posted, it goes to the aircraft, but the very first line says "Paintkits". hit that one, it takes you to the page I posted. No instructions on doing it. Found by accident myself.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Like I said, it's pretty obscure. I looked like 5 times before I noticed that.

One has to remember cowl flaps are opened fully after landing and in ground use and slightly open on takeoff in hot climates and have a specific limited speed to which they can be left open at :salute:<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

From a previous post in this thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Paintkit is where they always are. Go to the Virtavia site and follow the link to the free stuff near the top. You'll see Paintkits in bold letters with the B-29 on the top of the list when sorted by date released.

Members who have read this thread: 60