changing target for exe. file

Thread: changing target for exe. file

changing target for exe. file

I tried to reinstall the DPC Korea on my G drive,which is where my install of CFS3 is located, but could not run the addon because the exe points to the C drive program files.It said in the directions that the exe is default to the C drive and to change it ,either do it manually or change the target to where ever the install is located.I tried eveything to change the exe. to the G drive but couldn't get to work.I opened properties and there are two spaces that have the target as C drive and I tried changing both to the G drive but couldn't get it to work.
    If ETO,PTO,Maw,and OFF are like this it would be a deal breaker as to installing them.Anyone know how to change the exe. target?

Blog Entries
    In XP you would open the game folder, right click on the .exe and 'create shortcut'. You would then place the shortcut on your desktop. Or if you already have the shortcut right click on it, select properties and then 'find target' and browse the the folder.

Not sure how W7 or W8 works.
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

thanks

Thankyou guys for replying. I had given up and uninstalled the Korean addon, but I'll try a reinstall and double check with the info you gave me.In Windows 7 it doesn't have "find target" when you right click for properites ,not sure if read only was checked.

Members who have read this thread: 0