Beaufort Torpedo attack - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beaufort Torpedo attack

Quote Originally Posted by italflyer View Post
    Finally did a test with the new .xdp and .air - files. Works like a charm, not one AI wingman crashing into the wate, all delivered their torpedos, 4 ships sunk!

Thanks Talon, works great now.....
    Glad you liked them and they worked for you.

Seems only Daiwillet has had a problem with them. I have no idea why though.

Got the SM79 fixed for you also.I just need to test some more.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon View Post
    Glad you liked them and they worked for you.

Seems only Daiwillet has had a problem with them. I have no idea why though.

Got the SM79 fixed for you also.I just need to test some more.
    Thats good news indeed!

How do you get the fixes? Are they posted some ware? Also, will they work for the Beaufort in ETO?

Thanks.

My CFS3 Site: www.mrjmaint.com/cfs3/ and CFS3 Facebook Page.

My Business Site www.MRJMaintenance.com and Facebook Page.

My Personal Facebook Page.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjmaint View Post
    How do you get the fixes? Are they posted some ware? Also, will they work for the Beaufort in ETO?

Thanks.

mrjmain,

They are still being tested so I haven't posted them yet. I have the ETO and PTO Beauforts torpedo attacking also without crashing. I'm on vacation on my boat so I work on them when I have time.

Alot of the multi engine planes have problems doing torpedo attacks and crash. In MAW I have fixed the SM79,He111 and the FW 200.There's a few more I have to look at.

SOH-CM-2020
    mrjmain,

They are still being tested so I haven't posted them yet. I have the ETO and PTO Beauforts torpedo attacking also without crashing. I'm on vacation on my boat so I work on them when I have time.

Alot of the multi engine planes have problems doing torpedo attacks and crash. In MAW I have fixed the SM79,He111 and the FW 200.There's a few more I have to look at.
    Greetings Talon,
    don't spend your vacation on the computer!

I tested the Beaufort IIT last night in MAW and very happy to report it worked well - all three wingman made successful torpedo attacks - although they have a disconcerting habit of flying right over the top of the ships on the way to their turning point .

Another thing - the first version you sent me had a defective starboard (or port - I cannot remember which) gun. It would not pan - the view was actually stuffed although I managed to fix the view in the xdp file, but could not get the gun to pan. In the latest version all the gunner stations work fine.

Anyway, alles gut now!

D

Not worry,I went up in the mountains to see a waterfall up close a couple of weeks ago.Next week we have a Birthday celebration for niece.There's always something to do.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjmaint View Post

Thanks.
    I'm taking my time with it because doen't seem there is much interest.I sent the fixes to the ones that showed interest to test.So 3 people have it now to try.

Got a PM from one of members to send the mission and spawn files by Talon. I sent them last weekend and he never even aknowledged it.Very rude in my book.PMs are shut off now

Boy you guys are touchy! I got it last sunday and I will have a look at it this weekend. So I got the mission that I needed but I am unable to say if it works for me.

SOH-CM-2020

Beaufort Screenies

Some screenies of the more smart AI that Talon has created....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BeaufortIIT4.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	23.6 KB 
ID:	10273Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Beaufort IIT3.jpg 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	10274Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Beaufort IIT2.jpg 
Size:	25.8 KB 
ID:	10275Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Beaufort IIT.jpg 
Size:	24.1 KB 
ID:	10276
    Dang, I think SOH has gone overboard in the reduction in size/quality of attachments....

Quote Originally Posted by Daiwilletti View Post
    Some screenies of the more smart AI that Talon has created....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BeaufortIIT4.jpg 
Size:	23.6 KB 
ID:	10273Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Beaufort IIT3.jpg 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	10274Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Beaufort IIT2.jpg 
Size:	25.8 KB 
ID:	10275Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Beaufort IIT.jpg 
Size:	24.1 KB 
ID:	10276
    Dang, I think SOH has gone overboard in the reduction in size/quality of attachments....
    Looks like we got your problems fixed now.

SOH-CM-2020
    Looks like we got your problems fixed now.
    Now to amend a Malta campaign so that Beauforts can be the scourge of the Mediterranean...... until the next flight of 109s shows up

Quote Originally Posted by gosd View Post
    In wich mission should I test the plane to really get to notice the fixes?
    Thank you TheBookie3 for sending me the needed mission made by Talon that revealed the mods made by him for the Beaufort.
    The fixes do work well for me also. Turns out that the AI aircrafts when unleashed are quite agressive.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shot07-19-14-14-22-35.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	36.2 KB 
ID:	10312Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shot07-19-14-14-25-08.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	52.4 KB 
ID:	10313

This is the end of me working CFS3. I sent the fix of the SM79 to Italflyer because he asked if it could fixed. It drops the torpedo without crashing now.

Been fun guys but time to go.

Were these fixes ever uploaded?

TheBookie

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

Who has these?

Would be great to take a look see to understand what Talon did. May be applicable to normal AI intercepts as well.....

Quote Originally Posted by NachtPiloten View Post
    Would be great to take a look see to understand what Talon did. May be applicable to normal AI intercepts as well.....
    So from this post I guess the Beaufort files were never uploaded.

TheBookie

Quote Originally Posted by TheBookie View Post
    So from this post I guess the Beaufort files were never uploaded.

TheBookie

The posts from gosd and Daiwilletti would seem to suggest that they got something at least?

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

SOH-CM-2020
    I'll have a rummage around and see if there are any modified xdps/.cfgs from late 2013? All this is only about getting aircraft to survive a low altitude turn whilst loaded with torpedos. It's not something about improving general AI performance.

My anti_ship tactics have improved a lot. This seems as important as tweaking an air file or a cfg file. These days in a campaign mission I take the wingmen down to about 350 meters, flying directly away from the target ship formation, and make a gentle turn. Then when flying about 4Nm out from the ships, and waiting for the wingmen to be roughly formated behind me, I assign wingmen to attack specific ships.

Most wingmen fly directly in and attack with torpedos. Only a few of them fly directly over the ship formation, and go on to turn another 3000 meters on. At this point, the turning aircraft often crash.

The Beaufort is a great stable platform. That is why I included a version in MAW 1943 - it may have even been one with Talon's last mods, I don't recall.

Talon fixed the ETO and MAW Beaufort in 2014 I think.He only fixed how they torpedoed attacked.

He fixed a lot of planes but most people didn't know because they were in ETO,PTO and Rising Sun updates.

TheBookie

SOH-CM-2020
    thanks TheBookie.

Am hoping I've got both versions so I can see what was changed.

SOH-CM-2020
    I've found a folder dated July 2014 - Beaufort Torpedo Fixes.

It contains an AIR file and an xdp for five Beaufort models. No cfgs interestingly. From a cursory glance, one of the changes to the xdps was to categorise the Beauforts as a fighter_bomber! Not sure where to upload these - perhaps under British Aircraft.

SOH-CM-2020

Uploaded

Uploaded under British Aircraft.

SOH-CM-2020

Rising Sun Special Update Beaufort Package

Is this package uploaded here at SOH? I had a quick look and couldn't see it. It dates from the end of January 2014. About that time, Capt Winters uploaded several sets of Beauforts but i don't see this one.

If not, is there any interest in me uploading them?

SOH-CM-2020
    So, there is no interest in the package of Beauforts for the Rising Sun? I take it everyone who wants them has them.