Found this at the News Stand the other day. - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Found this at the News Stand the other day.

Just to prove LDR aren't a 'Fly by night' operation... I thought I'd use this rather punny opportunity to post some night time teasers... Now you have a reason to fly in the dark this Halloween!

Quote Originally Posted by doublecool View Post
    But it's not released
    Always a sceptic... :salute:

Always a sceptic... :salute:
    Wait, does this mean any day now...?
    "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is a war room!"

Intel i5-3230M @3.10 GHz, 8GB DDR3 RAM @1600 MHz, AMD Radeon HD 7670M Graphics 2GB DDR3, 640 GB HDD @5400 RPM, Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit, FSX+Acceleration

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvanriv View Post
    Wait, does this mean any day now...?
    Literally any day...

Literally any day...
    *GASP* YES!!
    Thanks to everyone involved in this project for making it so incredible! I am looking forward to this so much... :mixedsmi: :salute:
    "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is a war room!"

Intel i5-3230M @3.10 GHz, 8GB DDR3 RAM @1600 MHz, AMD Radeon HD 7670M Graphics 2GB DDR3, 640 GB HDD @5400 RPM, Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit, FSX+Acceleration

Is it RXP compatible? Option to cut the 3d knobs on the GPS (flat panel fit to retrofit)?
    Anneke

I'm afraid it isn't... Problem is, its not a 2d default GPS like most developers use... the whole unit is a fully 3d GPS... the only 2d gauge area in there is the screen, the rest is hard coded into the model. Perhaps at a later date we might look into it, but with us at imminent release state, its not something we could investigate at this moment.

Ok thanks for answering. Perhaps in a future update.
    Night lighting looks great!
    Anneke

Well to be honest with you, I'm not sure we plan to update it short of bug fixing... It's freeware at the end of the day, and we're doing our best to make it the best aircraft possible, but once its finished, we will be moving on to other aircraft rather than revisiting this one. If there was a high demand for RXP support, I guess we could look at it... but it would have to be high demand... other projects are looming that are starting to take our time over.

Just don't forget the Navion A/L-17 model, please.:salute:

Quote Originally Posted by jmbiii View Post
    Just don't forget the Navion A/L-17 model, please.:salute:
    Fear not, I've been working on the conversion to the Navion A/L-17B for a few days now. Most external changes are done but the inside will need a complete re-work so don't expect anything before next spring!
    Larry

Don't fret... if we get chance to look at it, we might ok? I can't promise, but I won't rule it out.

Anneke, it's always possible to add RXP as a 2D popup panel in the panel.cfg. As long as the RXP.ini file specifies 'link GPS = on', then any flight plan you enter on the RXP 2D popup will still show on the non-RXP GPS in the virtual cockpit. It's a pretty easy mod that I've always done with planes that have embedded 3D GPS units in the VC. It is a bit of a compromise, but it always works like a charm.

This release looks fantastic. Looking forward to it!
    -Mark

mgchrist5 and firekitten, thanks very much for the tips and tricks.

Is that Hello Kitty paint still around somewhere? My 4y old daughter asks for release about every day because of that paint
    Anneke

I'll release that paint when the aircraft is out... Its ready and waiting for the aircraft to come