FS2004 Screenshots Here!!! - Page 147

Thread: FS2004 Screenshots Here!!!

I know, I should clean out all the things I still have to upload.....

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    Did you happen to notice, one of them is the late Dave Booker? (Aka DaveB)

Ttfn

Pete
    When my memory is still correct late Dave Booker is the one with the beard.

Cheers,
    Huub

The De Havilland Dragon Rapide G-ADBW c/n 6288, as used by Airworks's No.6 Air Observers Navigation School at Staverton in June 1940, showing a combination of civil and military markings that were typical of civil aircraft employed on Type 'A' Civil contracts during 1939/40.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    The De Havilland Dragon Rapide G-ADBW c/n 6288, as used by Airworks's No.6 Air Observers Navigation School at Staverton in June 1940, showing a combination of civil and military markings that were typical of civil aircraft employed on Type 'A' Civil contracts during 1939/40.

Cheers,
    Huub

See you checked your email....I take it... that's it is OK!

When my memory is still correct late Dave Booker is the one with the beard.

Cheers,
    Huub

Correct Huub.

Ttfn

Pete

Icon5

Mav, are you after trying to rasom them......not to drop them...

Of course if you were really clever, you'd put them on a tailhook or spoiler key and move them in or out when required....just sayin' like..

Cheers

Shessi

Always liked the look of F86's in RAF service We only had them for 2 or 3 years while we waited for the Hunter. This is Kirk Olssons model with a Frank Safranek paint, there's a few by Hans Janssens also
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S1.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    Always liked the look of F86's in RAF service We only had them for 2 or 3 years while we waited for the Hunter. This is Kirk Olssons model with a Frank Safranek paint, there's a few by Hans Janssens also
    There are also four packs of repaints from Andy Nott which basically cover all the RAF squadrons. The beauty of Kirk Olsson's Sabre is that he gave us both slatted and hard wing versions, opened up all sorts of options; with these models, and those from Section8, we are more than well served in the Sabre department.
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG43 View Post
    There are also four packs of repaints from Andy Nott which basically cover all the RAF squadrons. The beauty of Kirk Olsson's Sabre is that he gave us both slatted and hard wing versions, opened up all sorts of options; with these models, and those from Section8, we are more than well served in the Sabre department.
    Section F8 did do a hardwing version (beta model); its around.... not many paints for it though; mapping is slightly different to the slatted one around the tail.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hardwing_1.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	92350

ttfn

Pete

Early Mustangs

Another that doesn't seem to get a lot of love; the Warbirdsim P-51B/C

Name:	Italy P51_1.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	105.7 KB 
ID:	92351

Name:	MK III _2.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	133.6 KB 
ID:	92352

ttfn

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    Another that doesn't seem to get a lot of love; the Warbirdsim P-51B/C

ttfn

Pete
    Well actually it is one of the models I consider the very best ever made for FS2004!

I did two repaints for this model, both based on the same book....

Cheers,
    Huub

I finally did it....

I don't really know why, but the Avro Anson by Dave Garwood is one of my long time favourite models. Perhaps it is the crew, which is very nicely modelled and tells you a story. There is one thing I don't really like about this model, which are the colours. Especially the almost terracotta brown for the dark earth has often been one of the reasons for me to leave this model in the virtual. Years ago I tried to repaint the model, but I didn't have the skills to do it.

Although I still don't really have the skills, I now do have enough experience to do create a simple paintkit, and to create new textures closer to the colours I normally use for the standard early RAF land scheme.

It is an Anson from 321 (Dutch) squadron RAF which was formed from personnel of the Royal Netherlands Naval Air Service, who had escaped to the UK after the German invasion of the Netherlands. Together with 320 Dutch squadron they flew flew coastal and anti-submarine patrols with Avro Ansons from July 1940 until January 1941.

Is there somebody who can repair the head lamp?

Cheers,
    Huub

Although I still don't really have the skills,
    Oh bull hockey.
    You had me sold with the Wolfhound's F-4E.

How many years ago was that?

B-25 Tunisia, 1943

B-25 Tunisia, 1943
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot (161).png  
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Huub, sign me up for an Anson download, looks great. What is the headlight issue, btw?

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
    Huub, sign me up for an Anson download, looks great. What is the headlight issue, btw?
    The floodlight in the nose is missing.

Compare with the real thing....

Strange enough the texture "noselight1.bmp" is in the texture folder. But even without the flood light it remains a great model.

Cheers,
    Huub

Icon22

According to scasm source... it's missing the material list...

Quote Originally Posted by mav View Post
    According to scasm source... it's missing the material list...
    Is that something which can be solved? Or only when you have the source code?

Huub

Is that something which can be solved? Or only when you have the source code?

Huub

Sure.... just learn gmax or scasm coding, to add the needed bgl.

Sure.... just learn gmax or scasm coding, to add the needed bgl.
    So perhaps in one-and-a-half year when I intend to retire

Skalski rides again

Name:	Skalski_1.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	92404

A little reworking of one of the paints that comes with the Warbirdsim P51 ; and you get OC 133 (Polish) Wing, RAF, personal mount, as pictured at Coolham on wiki

Stanisław Skalski, DSO, DFC & Two Bars (27 November 1915 – 12 November 2004) was a Polish aviator and fighter ace who served with the Polish Air Force and British Royal Air Force during the Second World War. Skalski was the top Polish fighter ace of the war and chronologically the first Allied fighter ace of the war,[1] credited, according to the Bajan's list, with 18 11/12 victories and two probable. Some sources, including Skalski himself, give a number of 22 11/12 victories.
    He returned to Poland after the war but was imprisoned by the communist authorities under the pretext that he was a spy for Great Britain. While in arrest he was tortured and then, in a show trial, sentenced to death on April 7, 1950. Skalski refused to ask for clemency but after his mother's intervention with the president of communist Poland, Boleslaw Bierut, his sentence was commuted to life imprisonment. He remained in prison until 1956 when a court overturned the previous verdict. After the "Polish October" and subsequent liberalization and end of Stalinist terror, he was rehabilitated and rejoined the Polish armed forces. In 1972 he was moved to inactive service and in 1988, on the cusp of fall of communism in Poland he was promoted to the rank of brigadier general.

ttfn

Pete

Huub, from what I understand/guestimate/etc from pictures and diagrams of Annie is that the nose light was either removable or folded to leave a small circular window, there are photo's I have seen with just a small window in the nose.

After a quick schmooze around, I noticed that the photos of REAL aircraft with the light in the nose do not seem to have them in the port wing. Those that do have the wing lights have the window. There are also a good few interior shots showing the nose as a window. mmmmm. The lights in the wings do have a texture applied.

Landing lights in wings still need too be taken out....

Messerschmitt G-12

Messerschmitt G-12, skin done with MS paint.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot (164).png  
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Landing lights in wings still need too be taken out....
    Thanks for the additions Jamie.

And Mav, I think it makes the model look better. Don't you agree?

Cheers,
    Huub

Members who have read this thread: 227