FS2004 Screenshots Here!!! - Page 88
Page 88 of 155 FirstFirst ... 3878808182838485868788899091929394959698138 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 3870

Thread: FS2004 Screenshots Here!!!

Huub, the white nosed 'Whirlibomber' is CWDT while 'P7102' is the updated Ito-San version.
    Seems as if I've had them for ages but they're still great, a sadly over looked aircraft IMHO.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Huub, the white nosed 'Whirlibomber' is CWDT while 'P7102' is the updated Ito-San version.
    Seems as if I've had them for ages but they're still great, a sadly over looked aircraft IMHO.
    Both are great models. But somehow the Westland Whirlwind isn't actually the first aircraft which pops-up when I am re-installing FS2004. As the models are definitely great, perhaps the subject isn't that popular.

I've started another challenge........... Creating a paintkit for an older Aeroplane Heaven model is always full of surprises . But I thought the double bladed Hurricane deserved some extra skins.............

Cheers,
    Huub

Good to hear you're going to give the 2 bladed Hurricane some attention, Huub. It's definitely an overlooked model.

Since we're on the subject of the "Whirlwind"... I believe it was Lionheart that re-worked Kaz Ito's classic version. That model came out really looking sweet with a new 2D and very functional VC. He changed the airfile to make the plane fly like a piston engine bird, and added some superb "what if" paints. I re-worked the props a little...

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Does anyone know where I can find the textures with the spinner colours? For the 3 bladed propeller they are at the texture "AH_hurricane_spinexpro", but for the 2 bladed propeller I'm still in the dark.......

Aeroplane Heaven used to put a lot of generic textures in the main texture folder, but so far I haven't been able to identify the texture..

Cheers,
    Huub

Some for Stalin..

Been 'Russian' around in some heavy metal today

ttfn

Pete

AH 2 Blade textures

Hi Huub,
    Have you tried the texture folder MkI_2Blader? There seems to be a number of prop related textures in there, all related to the 2 blade propeller.

Hope this helps

David

Yes, the prop spinner texture for the two-blader is "WoodenProp_t.bmp" as found in the Texture.MkI_2Blader folder.

Thank guys, I got it.

When you have the name its easy to find. My Texture.MkI_2Blader folder contains only 3 files. The fuselage texture, the wings texture and a generic texture for the 3 bladed prop (AH_hurricane_spinexpro.bmp). As I already more or less expected the "WoodenProp_t.bmp" textures was located in the main texture file. However I expected a filename with the usual "AH_" prefix.

Cheers,
    Huub

It doesn't happen that often that you can fly a brand new early Mk.I Hurricane with fabric wings, even before the factory marking are applied

Lovely Huub,

takes me back to the late 1970's when I was painting my Airfix 1/24th scale Hawker Hurricane before applying decals. What a kit that was!

Regards,

Taff
    The grass is always greener on the other side...

But, it's just as hard to mow!

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    It doesn't happen that often that you can fly a brand new early Mk.I Hurricane with fabric wings, even before the factory marking are applied

Are you planning a Belgian Hurricane repaint by any chance?? Looks that way!

Priller

Priller,

Mind you, but this is the FS9 Hurricane. I already did a Belgian paint for the FSX verion of the AH Hurricane.

Due to the texture lay-out the repaint possibilities are a bit limited, but still I have several repaints for the early fabric winged Hurricanes in mind. Whether I can all do them is depending on what the texture layout will allow me to do.
    • the Belgian Hawker Hurricane I H-22 of 2/1/2 Aé (Chardon) at Schaffen-Diest (Airfix model)
    • an alternative livery for a "treble 1" Hurricane (L1584) (Airfix model)
    • the Hurricane L-1555 flown by squadron leader John Gilan
    • the Hurricane "C" flown by flight officer E.J. Kain 73sqn.
    • the Hurricane "J" which I also did for the FSX model (or perhaps I will take "L" this time)
    • the Finnish Hurricane HC-460, which had still fabric wings after the update these Hurricanes received
    • and I might do the Hurricane flown by the Polish pilot sergeant Josef Frantisec who still flew a fabric winged Mk.1 in September 1940

So I have quite a list in mind, now I have to see what the possibilities are..............

I would have loved to do some Battle of France Hurricanes, but these are impossible as the texture lay-out won't allow the "night/white" under surface which was typical for this period.

Cheers,
    Huub

Hold on!!

You did an FSX repaint for the Hurricane?

Do you mind posting a link to it please? I'm horrible using the search function on this site!

Priller

I just realised I did never upload the repaints I did for the AH/JF FSX Hawker Hurricane. I can remember I wasn't very happy with the result, which is most probably why. I will dig up the textures and upload them.

But here is work in progress on the FS9 Hurricane, which is a bit easier to repaint.

Looks SWEET, Huub! Excellent so far...

BB686

Nemo me impune lacessit...

Niemand tergt mij zonder gevaar............... (Nobody provokes me without danger......)

Most Belgian Hurricanes were destroyed on the ground, during the first Luftwaffe attacks on the 10th of May 1940.

I will post some images from the FSX version in the FSX screenshot thread.

Cheers,
    Huub

Well this works, which opens quite some possibilities

Blog Entries
    Spectacular artwork Huub.

Frantisek's gets my vote Huub, he was actually Czech ... but as he had joined Polish air force , was considered Polish

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josef_Franti%C5%A1ek

ttfn

Pete

Squadron leader John Gilan 1937

Number 3 from my short list. But I haven't done number 2 yet.....

Airfix model................

Oops, did anyone notice the typing error?

"L1854"? Had to look for it. Airfix, now those were some awesome kits. I built quite a few when I was a kid.... brings back memories

BB686

All number should be correct now....

The airfix model has the correct L1584

And what nobody noticed yet, Squadron Leader John W. Gillan now also has the correct number under the wing.....

I must be getting old!

And on with the next one............

And the next one is finished also. The previous ones were all painted in the A-scheme. This one is painted in the B-scheme.
    "C" from 73 squadron 1938. Like the early fabric wings and the 2 bladed Watts air screw.

Cheers,
    Huub