FS2004 Screenshots Here!!! - Page 68
Page 68 of 155 FirstFirst ... 1858606162636465666768697071727374757678118 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 3875

Thread: FS2004 Screenshots Here!!!

Nice plane. Updated last December.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -2018-feb-19-003.jpg  

What's better than one Avro Tutor, why two!

A little fun with fsrecorder module

ttfn

Pete

Avro 621 over Morocco.

An hour southwest of Cassablanca at 4000' flying my Avro 621 Trainer from Lossiemouth to the Canaries.. (one ore fuel stop should do it) and maybe then further south along the African coast.

Better weather than I started this 'adventure' in four days ago!

Many stops along the way as she only has a 275 mile range!

Hey.. if you are going to help test an airplane.. take it for a REAL spin! LOL

Whole sky to myself too. :-)

cheers
    Dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Avro 621 over morocco.jpg   Avro 621 over morocco1.jpg  

Didn't see you on my travels Bushi... I started out in Cairo; having had it transported by Sea first.....then followed north African coast across Libya, passing the great Marble Arch, then into Morrocco for a stop with the French foreign legion at Smara

I'm aiming for a circumnavigation of the greater Sahara, then back up the Suez Canal, to Cairo or maybe across Iraq to Habbaniya.

ttfn

Pete
    Last edited by Motormouse; February 25th, 2018 at 08:12.

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    Didn't see you on my travels Bushi... I started out in Cairo; having had it transported by Sea first.....then followed north African coast across Libya, passing the great Marble Arch, then into Morrocco for a stop with the French foreign legion at Smara

ttfn

Pete
    Bushi, Motormouse; you Gentlemen have been looking over my shoulder! :-)
    Major update for that gal is almost complete.
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Blog Entries

Refit...

Once you desert-loving lads decide you're done with English Patients (patience?), head North across the Med for Ouzo, olives, feta, and a much needed refit!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -2018-feb-25-004.jpg   -2018-feb-25-001.jpg   -2018-feb-25-002.jpg  

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

It seems like everybody is in the virtual sky today

This is not the best looking combination in the package. The engine is rather big for the aircraft...

Cheers,
    Huub

SOH-CM-2020
    Nigel, "patience" is a pretty big word while we "have to" see those screenshots depicting your marvellous Tutor!

But nevertheless, it's always a joy seeing the progess on the project and I'm glad for the day it's in the SOH library.

Kind regards
    Elmar

Well, for having such a big engine... she gets up and scoots smartly. Wonderful little crate that she is.

Nice shot Huub!

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

I must be in my French period...............

Does anybody here knows whether Jean-Marie Mermaz is still around. The readme of his FS2002 Dewoitine (written in 2002) says he would like to be contacted before releasing a repaint. As you can see I am working on a paintkit for the beautiful Dewoitine, so I would like to ask for his permission.

Thanks,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by nigel richards View Post
    Once you desert-loving lads decide you're done with English Patients (patience?), head North across the Med for Ouzo, olives, feta, and a much needed refit!

ooooh... I see a few little differences!!!

I hope you have some spare bits around to fix my fuel gauge!!! Damn thing has NEVER worked properly...obviously a design fault!!!!!! LOL.. And I have a dead stick landing to back me up. Ps.. note to self.. lock the slats when you dead stick.. or get ready for an "arrival"! (good thing she has long travel shocks)
    cheers
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    It seems like everybody is in the virtual sky today

This is not the best looking combination in the package. The engine is rather big for the aircraft...

Cheers,
    Huub
    I also couldn't help but notice that YOU seem to have been allowed to fly the SEVEN Cyl Lynx "uncowled" skinny wheeled early version whilst I have the FIVE cyl mongoose..
    DON'T try and deny it!!!! I have PROOF!!! LOL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cBSQsbn.jpg  

All these great pics have me reinstalling FS9 now,lol Have been using FSX, but find it too touchy, one small thing and it refuses to start up, been doing it for several long months, so I'm back to FS9, don't have that problem with this old sim, still runs just fine with many addons already in!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushi View Post
    ooooh... I see a few little differences!!!

I hope you have some spare bits around to fix my fuel gauge!!! Damn thing has NEVER worked properly...obviously a design fault!!!!!! LOL.. And I have a dead stick landing to back me up. Ps.. note to self.. lock the slats when you dead stick.. or get ready for an "arrival"! (good thing she has long travel shocks)
    cheers
    Dave
    No need to fix your fuel gauge Dave, all versions now have the authentic one. :-)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails !!FUEL INDICATOR!!.jpg  

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    All these great pics have me reinstalling FS9 now,lol Have been using FSX, but find it too touchy, one small thing and it refuses to start up, been doing it for several long months, so I'm back to FS9, don't have that problem with this old sim, still runs just fine with many addons already in!
    Eddie: Welcome back to the fold, Sir - like many of us; keep both seems busy and enjoy the very best of both worlds.

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

Members +
    Morning all,
    Please can you let us have the names & links, if possible of the aircraft pictured?

Quote Originally Posted by nigel richards View Post
    Eddie: Welcome back to the fold, Sir - like many of us; keep both seems busy and enjoy the very best of both worlds.
    Thanks Nigel, going to be fun again, if I can kick my download habit and enjoy what I have already! LOL Can't wait for the release of that gem you have created! You have a wonderful talent sir!

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Does anybody here knows whether Jean-Marie Mermaz is still around. The readme of his FS2002 Dewoitine (written in 2002) says he would like to be contacted before releasing a repaint. As you can see I am working on a paintkit for the beautiful Dewoitine, so I would like to ask for his permission.

Thanks,
    Huub
    Hi,
    I think you can publish your repaints for this wonderful plane. We have not heard from JM Mermaz and we regret it. A good repaint can not hurt his work. What a shame not to have a more evolved version today. It is the best French aircraft of the time, still effective in 1944 against Allied bombers in Bulgarian hands, surpassing Hurricane and P40 in Syria in 1941 (Vichy Air Force). Not bad for an aircraft without evolution since 1940 because of armistice.
    JMC

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    Morning all,
    Please can you let us have the names & links, if possible of the aircraft pictured?
    For those who are also waiting for this airplane....

All are still being tested by a VERY lucky bunch of pilots..... and as the testing progresses.. the project is also expanding... (poor Nigel)

So, the AVRO 621 project isn't quite ready to be made available to the general population.

I'm pretty sure that most of the liveries posted here are the result of testers having some fun, lol.. at least THAT's why mine looks the way ti does! I now have three 'paints' of the base RAF one Nigel sent me..
    The test team for the most part are 'painters' so, some have played around with the appearance of the airplanes in our care.. a bit of personalization. LOL... But there WILL be a paintkit.

Our next 'upgrade' is just about ready for dissemination to the test pilots... and according to Nigel... EVERYONE will be able to download the finished package very soon!

The airplane is a dream to hand fly, the sounds are magnificent, and the visuals.. just.. wow.. VERY highly detailed model and textures.

YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPPOINTED!

just a little bit longer...

(heck.. I myself can't wait for the final version!)
    Cheers
    Dave

(here are a couple more 'teasers'...)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 621 morning.jpg   closeup.jpg  
    Last edited by Bushi; February 27th, 2018 at 03:35.

erm, excuse me, but this member of the test team has been helping with the fde, as I can't paint for toffee to the same standard as the model deserves.

Ttfn

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    erm, excuse me, but this member of the test team has been helping with the fde, as I can't paint for toffee to the same standard as the model deserves.

Ttfn

Pete
    LOL.. hence why I said "for the most part" Pete...

As for FDE... marvelous work.. I've been fiddling a bit with the mongoose powered airplane.. and have it flying quite nicely with the power, weight, and propeller settings I've inserted into the cfg. I can't find much on the "Trainer", as everything online seems to equate to the more powerful Tutor...

Will comment in the proper thread on what I've done.

Meanwhile, since this IS the screenshot thread... heading out over the Atlantic from Morocco to Gran Canaria... oh my.. that's a lot of water!
    soooooooo glad Nigel gave the pilot a life vest!!!

Cheers
    Dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails water.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by gastonj View Post
    Hi,
    I think you can publish your repaints for this wonderful plane. We have not heard from JM Mermaz and we regret it. A good repaint can not hurt his work. What a shame not to have a more evolved version today. It is the best French aircraft of the time, still effective in 1944 against Allied bombers in Bulgarian hands, surpassing Hurricane and P40 in Syria in 1941 (Vichy Air Force). Not bad for an aircraft without evolution since 1940 because of armistice.
    JMC
    Hi JMC,

The D.520 was definitely an extra ordinary aircraft. It was a great flyer and performed quite well with a reasonably small engine. As I already said earlier on this foru,. I think the D.520 is one of the best looking aircraft from WWII. With its long nose is has something of a racer and somehow it is all in the right proportions.

I think I will take your advise on contacting Jean-Marie Mermaz. I don't think my repaints will offend him and when they do, I can always take them off line again.

Cheers,
    Huub

Dewoitine D520

Hallo friends,
    this plane yes is a beauty and certainly with out hte politics making so much trouble in the french aeronautic industry this plane would certainly be still much better.
    an evolution of this bird will be done as replica in france
    http://replicair.fr/en/aircraft/dewoitine-d551/
    also there are some mystery about the following things I read about:
    1) it seems that the D520 was almost equiped with a kind of autopilot, do some one have details about?
    2) Dewoitine wanted also to test the D520 airframe with a Merline and also a DB601 engine
    for the Merline engine - why not, would not be difficult for them to get one, but a german DB601?
    w2ould be a bit difficult
    Yes it wouls be nice to have this bird in todays FS2004 possibilities !!!
    As I say it so often there are not only anglo american birds that would be fine to have in the todays quality possibilities of FS2004 and not only for FSX!
    Yours
    Papi

A Halton en route somewhere in the gloom.....

here we go, with a slightly more modern cockpit..!

Andy.

I thought it would come out a bit bigger than this, but still...it is what it is!
    A.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fsscr085 - Copy jpg.jpg  
    Last edited by lemonadedrinker; March 3rd, 2018 at 23:40. Reason: vagueness

Members who have read this thread: 227