FS2004 Screenshots Here!!! - Page 111
Page 111 of 153 FirstFirst ... 1161101103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119121 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,775 of 3822

Thread: FS2004 Screenshots Here!!!

Was born in Sheffield (the surname should give the clue, very regional) and grew up in Scotland. Still here.

On the subject of prototypes....

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Master_171.jpg   Master_172.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
    Was born in Sheffield (the surname should give the clue, very regional) and grew up in Scotland. Still here.

On the subject of prototypes....

Ted Cook's Miles Master with your textures on them. I didn't know the model was reflective.

Cheers,
    Huub

Huub,

Technically it isn't. When I was asked by Peperez to do a cfs2 conversion of Ted's MkIa into the M24b emergency fighter, I realised I would have to redesign the windscreen and canopy, so took the opportunity to model two further versions with the earlier arrangement, the Prototype and the MkI. They are CFS2 native 'rebuilds' with Multi-LODs so should work okay as AI in FS9.

The screenshot I posted stupidly was an experiment I did for FS9 and didn't release due to some technical issues (can't quite remember what now though) and the fact it seemed a bit odd to convert an FS9 aircraft to CFS2 and then back again. Also didn't want to step on Ted's toes, FS9 was his thing.

Jamie.

Gents,
    Fancy some more 'silvered wings'.....

A project just about finished, a few tweaks to do. A revamp of Ted's Hind.

Cheers

Shessi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hawker Hind Fs9 1.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
    The screenshot I posted stupidly was an experiment I did for FS9 and didn't release due to some technical issues (can't quite remember what now though) and the fact it seemed a bit odd to convert an FS9 aircraft to CFS2 and then back again. Also didn't want to step on Ted's toes, FS9 was his thing.

Jamie.
    Well it definitely looks nice. It reminded me that I promised someone to dig this one up....

Will upload it somewhere in the next days,

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    Gents,
    Fancy some more 'silvered wings'.....

A project just about finished, a few tweaks to do. A revamp of Ted's Hind.

Cheers

Shessi
    Nice one Shessi, it is one I tried to repaint in the past, but the textures were just too small for the details I wanted to add.

Cheers,
    Huub

Huub,
    All you have to do with small tex templates it to just re-size them using the recognised standard of 256/512/1024/2048 in Fs9 and 4096 in FSX. Teds Hind's are in 1024, you can re-size them to 2048, and carry on with your repaint, keeping them that size when saving...in the attched pic I've just resized them to 2048 and they display the same.

Cheers

Shessi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hind 2048 tex.jpg  

Looking good Shessi, just the job for policing the north west frontier

Members +
    Shessi, Huub & Jamie... Please share, we do need more shiny brightness in our sims (& lives!!)
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    Looking good Shessi, just the job for policing the north west frontier
    Erm not with that particular paint job... unless the Northwest frontier is Manchester .... that's 15 (XV) squadron, from Abingdon, at about the time the "XV" was adopted as unofficial squadron logo.

Ttfn

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    Huub,
    All you have to do with small tex templates it to just re-size them using the recognised standard of 256/512/1024/2048 in Fs9 and 4096 in FSX. Teds Hind's are in 1024, you can re-size them to 2048, and carry on with your repaint, keeping them that size when saving...in the attched pic I've just resized them to 2048 and they display the same.

Cheers

Shessi
    Presumably saved with mip-maps enabled? That way the 1024 size of the 2048 texture ( ie first mip level) is what you see ( per discussion in another thread ) . That's fine if your system / graphics card can cope with missing, but some folks with ATI Radeon cards (like me) may have to resize them to 1024 anyways.

Ttfn

Pete

Pete,
    Nope, that last pic was taken on my XP machine fitted with a Sapphire Ati Radeon 4890, and as said, the texs are at 2048, with no MIPs.

It really comes down to how Fs9 uses LODs and MIPs. Obviously it's not essential with Fs9 ac, as we know, but how helpful are they has never been defined. LOD's are really only for CFS2 aircraft, they're not in CFS1 and 3, Fs9 or FSX aircraft by default, only in their sim scenery. Fs9/FSX obviously was designed for single ac flying, only meeting ai ac and airport traffic now and again.

The question is, for Fs9, do you need LOD's?; if you do, do you need MIPs?; and which is better, to have both LODS and MIPs or either?? And if either, then which is better LODs or MIPs?.....my brain hurts now!

Cheers

Shessi

Huub,
    What's happened, with my thumbnail pics, they're not clickable and large size viewable now (also others from other posters)? The first set of Hind pics were uploaded from my XP pc, the single one from my Win10 pc, and that one is large size by default. Please don't tell me that the new server provider has changed things or just a minor glitch?

Thumbs up

This from my Win10 pc. Ahh found the issue, if you load more than one pic it will not allow them to display small and be clickable to a larger size. We had this problem before years ago, also you can't see your uploaded images in the file selector as well. A glitch in the system.

Cheers

Shessi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hawker Hind Fs9 1.jpg  

Some aircraft from that period look very similar..............

Cheers,
    Huub

And where did you find that one Huub?
    Looks like Wim Regers model, with one of your paintjobs

Ttfn

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    And where did you find that one Huub?
    Looks like Wim Regers model, with one of your paintjobs

Ttfn

Pete
    Hi Pete,

It is Wim's Fokker FS9 Fokker C.X and as I did the (exterior) paintwork for him all it is indeed a paint job by me. It is available here in our library. When you do a text search on "regeer" it will pop up, together with his Fokker D.17 a Hawker Fury like fighter and some additional liveries, which I did to enable me to take screenshot of the Fokker C.X flying in formation.

If I had done some better thinking I could have realised that the wings were not canvas covered, but all wood, like all Fokker wings were in those days.

There is a very nice full size replica, which can be seen here. One side is more or less finished the other side doesn't have canvas over the fuselage, so you can see the internal construction.

As you can see it is quite a large aircraft with a wingspan of 12 metres and over 9 metres long.

The man you see at this picture is Jack van Egmond, who has restored many warbirds and is now constructing a full size flying Fokker D.XXI fighter, which contains more original parts than many restored warbirds.....

Cheers,
    Huub

On 7 October 1919 The KLM (Royal Dutch Airlines) was founded, as one of the first commercial airline companies. To celebrate this event a TV series was made, called Vliegende Hollanders (Flying Dutchman) which is mainly about the (difficult) relation between Albert Plesman (the man behind KLM and one of the first Directors) and Anthony Fokker (the aircraft builder).

So far only one episode has been shown and it looks quite promising. There is a mixture of real aircraft and computer generated aircraft and sometimes a mixture where they have build a part and added the rest with a computer. One full size replica was build for this serie, as it played an important role for both Fokker and the KLM.
    This a Fokker F.VII/3m. The Fokker F.VII/3m is an aircraft with an interesting story. The original F.VII had a single engine. As engines were not that reliable in 1925 Fokker already had plans to produce a three engined version. This idea was also pushed by the Dutchman Robert B.C Noorduyn (yes the one from the Norseman, Bellanca and Pitcairn...), who represented Fokker in the US. In 1925 Ford organised the Ford Reliability Tour and the first three engined Fokker F.VII was entered.

The replica full size replica is finished in the colours of the Fokker in the Ford Reliability Tour. I think the aircraft will also appear with the registration PH-AEZ, with which it is currently on display in the Durch Transport museum.

The real thing in 1925

And Jens B. Kristensen's model in the Replica's colours (still work in progress)

Cheers,
    Huub

Avro Tutor K4811, allocated to 13 (Army Cooperation ) Squadron , RAF Netheravon @ 1936

The squadron badge is displayed on the fin; inside the 8 pointed star symbol which (at the time) denoted the squadron role.

ttfn

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post

Hi Huub, where this vintage Shiphol came from?

Bernard

Quote Originally Posted by leuen View Post
    Hi Huub, where this vintage Shiphol came from?

Bernard
    Bernard,

This is an unfinished version of 1940 Schiphol by Cees Donker. The old terminal came from freeware scenery for Lelystad made by somebody else.

Cheers,
    Huub

For this time of the year!!!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pumpkin.jpg  
    Matt

Members +
    And the Pumpkin, of course, is Aeroplane Heaven's Pumpkin, from 2003..in 2x versions, the Ed Harley version, from the 1988 horror film Pumpkinhead, & the Ichabod Crane version,
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Flying in the mountains isn't simple with an under powered aircraft like the Fokker F.VIIa

Cheers,
    Huub

Meet the Fokkers!

De Spin (The spider 1911)

The Fokker Eindecker (1915) (Thanks Navtech!)

The Fokker Dr.1 (1917)

The Fokker D.VII (1918)

The Fokker D.VIII (1918)

Members +
    Wow, a great bunch of little Fokkers....
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa