FS2004 Screenshots Here!!! - Page 146
Page 146 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4696136138139140141142143144145146147148149150151152153154 ... LastLast
Results 3,626 to 3,650 of 3875

Thread: FS2004 Screenshots Here!!!

Is there a paintkit for the FS9 AH Hurri? I've got the one for the FSX version, but the mapping is very different.
    Andy

Dont normally do previews, but rather pleased how this is coming on, can you guess ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails c9.jpg  

That'll be Croydon Airport, I await its arrival with keen anticipation. I used to live in that part of the world and drove past the Hotel many a time, still a glorious building; it used to have a Dragon Rapide mounted outside, an equally glorious sight which I believe has now been removed.
    Andy

Ian, looks very fine, and could be a real and welcome alternative to the default and Vintage London ones.

Bernard

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    Right here Huub , ---> https://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforu...nks_search.php

Search ' Robert Sanderson' in the library , you'll find all of the Hurricane models

Ttfn

Pete
    I really didn't realise the "old" Mk.IIC model was still available, as Robert Sanderson did make a newer version of the C model, with about the same techniques he used in his Mk.IID model.

Again with a lovely VC

I don't know whether it was ever released.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG43 View Post
    Is there a paintkit for the FS9 AH Hurri? I've got the one for the FSX version, but the mapping is very different.
    Hi Andy,

I'n not aware of an "official" paintkit, but did one for the early fabric winged versions

Which I recently converted in the metal wing version

And you may know the repaint of personal ride of Vice Air Marshal Park.

The problem is that I don't work very structured and my paintkits are not really made with the idea to be released and are therefore a not very well organised. I forget to name layers, save layers for future use etc.
    Therefore I think my paintkit is actually more annoying than fun to work with.

Beside that the AH model also isn't really a repaint friendly model. Like with many older AH models things are shifted, stretched and duplicated. If you really want I can make an attempt to organise the layered files, but for sure that will take a while.

I currently have the P3700 RF-F finished and also the P3675 AG-N flown by James Nicolson. He was the only Battle of Britain pilot and the only pilot of RAF Fighter Command to be awarded the Victoria Cross during the Second World War. And I have a Hurricane in the colours from the Netherlands East Indies in the planning.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    Dont normally do previews, but rather pleased how this is coming on, can you guess ?
    Your Croydon station building looks great Ian

Cheers,
    Huub

No worries Huub, I'll muddle on through. I just found it a touch confusing, as the download from Flightsim clearly states that a paintkit is included when, equally clearly, it isn't.
    Andy

Id forgotten all about Robert Sanderson's model's, that SEA model is very fine, thanks for the pointer

When I saw Dave Garwood's, I realised I didn't have a proper RAF repaint for this model.

So I did a quick an dirty one. And I think Dave's paintkit is one of the best I have ever used. You can knock a repaint together in a few hours and it looks fine without any additional work!

One of the four De Havilland Dominie aircraft from the B-flight of 1316 (Dutch) Communication Flight. This unit flew a regular service between RAF Hendon UK and the liberated part of the Netherlands.

As I don't really like civilians in a military aircraft I have given myself the nearly impossible task to repaint the passengers.....

Cheers,
    Huub

Just wondering, is it possible to Alpha the passengers out

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    Just wondering, is it possible to Alpha the passengers out
    Only as a last resort. first I will check whether the textures of Dave's Avro Anson do fit. When they don't, I will do some drawing. I have some ideas, and it (hopefully) won't be too much work, as the textures of the passengers are the same, but the poses of the passengers are different. When I can't get a satisfying result I will alpha them out.

Cheers,
    Huub

Coolham (WIP)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Coolham_WIP_1.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	138.0 KB 
ID:	92297

An ALG opened in 1944; closed 1945 and now 'scheduled' as a historic landmark

Used almost exclusively by Canadian and Polish Mustang squadrons engaged on fighter 'sweeps' across the channel; 222 sqn (Spitfires) also used it on ops against V1 sites

Been a real pain tracking down RAF/RCAF repaints of P-51's !

ttfn

Pete

The donationware P51 B/C is free and might be a nice aircraft to use with your scenery. To hopefully get a bit more attention, I have started a separate thread to see whether anybody still has Dave Green's old paintkit.

This would save a lot of time and effort....

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post

Been a real pain tracking down RAF/RCAF repaints of P-51's !

ttfn

Pete
    As soon as I get this paintkit sorted ......
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    The donationware P51 B/C is free and might be a nice aircraft to use with your scenery. To hopefully get a bit more attention, I have started a separate thread to see whether anybody still has Dave Green's old paintkit.

This would save a lot of time and effort....

Cheers,
    Huub
    Seems to be on this thread. Three posts after your one!!!
    Andy

Nice Rapide re-paint Huub.

Got side tracked to this. Tried alpha-ing out the passengers, and yes works BUT the head tex of the pilot and one of the passengers uses the same tex..grr, so no pax, but a floating head in the rear. Then tried editing out the passengers, which works, BUT because it's made using a later version of FSDS/GMAX, it does compile back to an Fs9 mdl BUT the anis are messed up (on my pc) (also the reflective tex, but that's easily fixed). Compiling back to FSX then converting it to Fs9 really messes things up! lol. I looked at hexing it out, but it ended editing out all the passengers including the pilot. Either someone else better will be able, or possibly Mav scasming them out.

The real answer is why get rid of the passengers in the first place as it was used as a passenger transport/liaison ac, personally I think it looks more realistic with passengers (retexured of course)?

OR...use Dave's V1 Rapide from 2003, which might not have the bells and whistles and Huub you would have to mess around with the texs, but no passengers in that version.

Back to the work hole...see ya.

Cheers

Shessi

Quote Originally Posted by AndyG43 View Post
    Seems to be on this thread. Three posts after your one!!!
    It must be my age......

But now I have put in the correct folder and I hope to remember I already have it before I ask next time.....

And here the Dh89B Dominie with the military (RAF) crew...... Thanks for your attempt and the nice words Shessi As I said I would first try to paint them. As from several passengers the front is copied at their back, I have done a few in a proper uniform and a few in battle dress.

Cheers,
    Huub

Sort of stated this for the USS Enterprise CV6 Pre-WWII Air Group in the FSX forum but since no one could convert it to P3D I trashed it for a bit but un-trashed it for FS04 since the TBD options for FS04 are early FS2000 or old pre OH CFS2 AI TBD.

"Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Did you alpha them out, or did you take them out by brute force?

Huub

ha ha what do you think Huub, Mav being subtle with alphas or the bloody brute force of scasm........

And Huub, that is superb with the re-tex of the crew, personally I think that's how it should look.

Cheers

Shessi

Did you alpha them out, or did you take them out by brute force?

Huub
    I took them 20,000 ft up.... then pushed them all out!

Huub,

Check your email.

Quote Originally Posted by mav View Post
    I took them 20,000 ft up.... then pushed them all out!

Huub,

Check your email.
    Did you happen to notice, one of them is the late Dave Booker? (Aka DaveB)

Ttfn

Pete

It must be my age......

But now I have put in the correct folder and I hope to remember I already have it before I ask next time.....

And here the Dh89B Dominie with the military (RAF) crew...... Thanks for your attempt and the nice words Shessi As I said I would first try to paint them. As from several passengers the front is copied at their back, I have done a few in a proper uniform and a few in battle dress.

Cheers,
    Huub
    If it makes you feel any better Huub, I also had a senior moment. Went searching the library for it and downloaded from the link I gave you ..... went to save it in my paintkits folder to find I had it already.
    Andy

Members who have read this thread: 226