FS2004 Screenshots Here!!! - Page 98
Page 98 of 153 FirstFirst ... 488890919293949596979899100101102103104105106108148 ... LastLast
Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 3807

Thread: FS2004 Screenshots Here!!!

Started adding variations in the paneling color of the main fuselage....I do have a question though...maybe you would know Huub.....Were the nose markings and invasion stripes and such gloss or matte?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scrshot088.jpg   Scrshot087.jpg   Scrshot086.jpg   Scrshot084.jpg   Scrshot085.jpg  

Looking very nice there N!

In fact looking superb for Fs9!!

Nose art I would think would be painted using standard ac paint, which with all-metal ac may have had a lacquer finish to seal it in and protect it, and would therfore have had a sheen or shine to it. Invasion stripes were only meant to be temporary, and some/all of the paint used for this was water based, so would give a matte finish. I've also read that because the stripes would wear/wash off too easily, some allied ac had the stripes painted permenantly on...so you could have gloss invasion stripes as well???!!

Cheers

Shessi

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    Looking very nice there N!

In fact looking superb for Fs9!!

Nose art I would think would be painted using standard ac paint, which with all-metal ac may have had a lacquer finish to seal it in and protect it, and would therfore have had a sheen or shine to it. Invasion stripes were only meant to be temporary, and some/all of the paint used for this was water based, so would give a matte finish. I've also read that because the stripes would wear/wash off too easily, some allied ac had the stripes painted permenantly on...so you could have gloss invasion stripes as well???!!

Cheers

Shessi
    Thanks Shessi! Ya,my FS9 is tweaked as much as possible and I am using a custom Enviroment map.
    Good information there! That will help quite a bit when it comes to weathering and detailing!

So I gave the nose art a bit of an overlay using a wet brush to make it look like it was hand painted on.....what do you all think? (Still need to do weathering and work on the rear fuselage, engines, and wings....)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scrshot090.jpg   Scrshot089.jpg  

Looking good nater!!!

ausgezeichnet!

Difficult to see close up, but I like the different colours on the nose art, showing weathering and often opened hatches etc.

Maybe a little weathering and oil staining to the engine nacelles, spinners and blades edges etc, as these would have suffered the most, being dulled and stained due to debris/oil/heat.

AND at a proper WWII airfield please!...ha ha..

Cheers

Shessi

Thanks guys! Ya...still need to get the weathering in, but I wanted to get the base down first....I wish I could find some more reference photos of this bird. Most of the references I could find were from plastic models, or RC models, and each one is different.
    Here is some closer pics of the overlay that I did...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scrshot093.jpg   Scrshot092.jpg   Scrshot091.jpg  

One from recent

ttfn

Pete

Starting to look like something....added some wear and tear....still need to do some oil stains and such....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scrshot094.jpg   Scrshot095.jpg   Scrshot096.jpg   Scrshot097.jpg  

Hi Nater,
    Looking good!

If I may, again, lol, not too much weathering/wear, as it may look over-the-top with any more. If you look at the below pics in link, I know the B & W pic looks very weathered, but it is in B & W and there is very heavy contrast in the pic, so it looks more like very heavy wear/weathering. I would lessen the weathering to the painted areas a little.

http://www.americanairmuseum.com/aircraft/18810

I used to live in the county of Essex, and have flown over the old airfields at Gosfield and Rivenhall many times, where the 397th BG were based. Gosfield is a golf course and country park, and Rivenhall has now been dug up for sand and gravel extraction.

Hope these pics help!

Cheers

Shessi

Those are actually quite useful! That last pic was the only reference pic I could find. Thanks!!

Looks good Nater

Below the Sptifire Mk.Vb trop by Bruno "brunosk" Escaravage

Cheers,
    Huub

Manuele Villa's SM.79 Corsa

This is the Alpha freeware He162 with Skins by Morton, a very tricky little jet to fly

One of the best external Spitfire models I know. The Mk.V b/c by Bruno "brunosk" Escaravage. The model was done for cfs2 and the VC is functional, but not very sophisticated. I fly it with alternative flight dynamics, as the cfs2 configuration didn't work. The beautiful repaint is done by RobH.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by nater View Post
    Starting to look like something....added some wear and tear....still need to do some oil stains and such....
    Can't wait for this baby. Fantastic sir........

Out and about in Storm Dennis

ttfn

Pete

They are around as long as I can remember! Originally made for cfs2, but they still look pretty good. Paul Rebuffat's Spitfires

Cheers,
    Huub

Where can I get Bruno’s awesome spit for fs9? Cheers

Which Spitfire are you looking for. This one is the one by Paul Rebuffat which can be found in many places (just google) and there are still a few available on his own site: http://www.myzone59.com/rebuffat/fs2002.php

The one by Bruno "Brunosk" Escavage, can be found here in the CFS2 library. It needs some additional work to get it flying in FS2004

Cheers,
    Huub

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by darrenvox View Post
    too dark??
    Did you pay your electricity bill????M

Duplicate post removed

Quote Originally Posted by darrenvox View Post
    too dark??
    Is there anything there?

Just a thought, what screenshot utility are you using ?

In all your screenshots, the output quality is very poor,
    the Gamma (call it luminescence) is way off, and there is a major attack of jagged edges , like your anti-aliasing is off too.

Ttfn

Pete

Question

Oh Darren, you know really don't you?, you only have to compare screen shots, and you're asking the question as well. TBH are you sure you're not flying in Fs98, coz the screenies look that quality!

And as I've said before your own website is pretty good, great screenies, interesting, I just don't understand the difference between the pics on that site and here???

1) What resolution is your Fs9 on?

2) Are you flying/taking screen shots in window mode not full screen mode?

3) Are you using M$ Paint or other basic graphics prog to save/process your pics in, and what res/format are you saving them in?

4) Please don't take screen shots at night, most pics (for all of us) just don't look that good when posted, use dusk/dawn or bright moonlight as a minimum for lighting screen shots.

5) I'm jealous of Huub's/Jankees screen shots (must be a Dutch art skill? lol), they are what screen shots should look like!

I think it will be a 'lightbulb moment' thing, something will just click and you'll be posting some beauties (fingers crossed)...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE try Darren, and let us know......

Cheers

Shessi