FS2004 Screenshots Here!!! - Page 108
Page 108 of 155 FirstFirst ... 85898100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116118 ... LastLast
Results 2,676 to 2,700 of 3863

Thread: FS2004 Screenshots Here!!!

Westland Whirlwind- Kazunori Ito-Reworked by William Ortis. Complete with strange 'very blue' flight kit!

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Cheers,
    Huub

Huub, great shots - is that the Fury from the Hawker Heroes package? Beautiful aircraft and model but strange and distracting how the struts do not connect to the wings - they stop just short of the wing surfaces. Always puzzled me how that got through testing.

Taff
    The grass is always greener on the other side...

But, it's just as hard to mow!

The top image is Manuele Villa's Macchi Mc.202 Folgore. A beautiful aircraft captured in a splendid model.

The lower one is indeed the Hawker Heroes Fury. Years ago I came across the CD at a fair, where it was offered for a reduced price. It comes with four different models, but the only models, which are worth keeping are the Tempest and the Fury. For the Tempest there are very nice replacement textures available made by RobH. Despite its minor errors the Fury is a very nice model, with stunning textures. For the FS9 version I have reduced the alpha channels a bit, to make it less shiny/glossy

Cheers,
    Huub

When you don't look to close, you won't see the minor faults....

Icon4

Shhhh...don't tell the pilot, but I think his lower wing is about to fall off.....

Cheers

Shessi

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    Shhhh...don't tell the pilot, but I think his lower wing is about to fall off.....

Cheers

Shessi
    That is why the ropes are there................... And that's most probably why this plane ended as a monoplane

Icon9

This is by, the probably nearly defunct, FCS. They brought us the very nice Wellington (the texs were quite extreme though) (I bought), followed up by one of the most atrocious pieces of sim software I have ever seen..their Sunderland (which I also bought, and immediately regretted doing so). And they then issue this model, and no one saw the wing strut issue!!

Thier product quality control and testing is abysmal, I'm quite shocked that, as a commercial company, they can do this sort of thing??!! Mind you when I did re-vamp Alphasim's Catalinas I discovered that the wing struts were also not actually modelled attached to the fuselage...dohhh!!, so even the great and the good can get it wrong. I'm just surprised these sim model companies don't come here or other flight sim forums and ask several 'neutral' simmers to test out thier models, if they do, those testers need an eye test.

The Fury looks very nice, but it's just spoilt by this stupid mistake...frustrating.

Cheers

Shessi

Hi, it's not so bad if you look at the real Hawker Fury ...

The one below is another one of my favourite bi-planes. And like the Fury it is certainly not a perfect model. So clearly I have something with imperfect models.
    BTW many payware and freeware designers have their models tested by members here before they are released. As there are also people who just want to beta test to get a free model, this is often not shared with the public.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    BTW many payware and freeware designers have their models tested by members here before they are released. As there are also people who just want to beta test to get a free model
    Rant mode ON: And that is the problem, those who only want a free model don't know how to test, and end up skewing the responses. Sure, they play with it at their favourite airport, and go "oo ah" at all the eye candy, and won't give a developer true feedback for fear of being dropped from the beta tester clique.

My particular bone of contention is how it works in sim;
    I have steered a few developers, especially when it's been with a type I have a rw familiarity with. In fact one developer (no names, no pack drill) was moderately surprised when I provided a copy of the rw manufacturers flight test schedule for his production. When he later released it to the clique working to those numbers, they complained. There are many good models spoiled by poor handling. Rant mode OFF

Magoo and I worked together on Nigel's Avro series, which seems to have been well received.

Back to screenshots now?

Ttfn

Pete

Members +
    Pete, is Nigel OK? Been very quiet. As for the Bounty village?
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Hi Huub, The FCS Fury has the lower wing mounting points in FSX as I thought you could install it in either sim. Is the Fs9 version different to the FSX one?

Quote Originally Posted by erican2 View Post
    Hi Huub, The FCS Fury has the lower wing mounting points in FSX as I thought you could install it in either sim. Is the Fs9 version different to the FSX one?
    Below a screenshot from the FSX version. The models are indeed different. It seems the FS9 version is a not fully finished version of the model.

Cheers,
    Huub

please don't misunderstand me...........

as I like perfect or nearly perfect biplanes as well...................

Cheers,
    Huub

FSX Fury - now that's doing this beautiful aircraft justice. And the pale yellow skin just adds to the splendour. A real shame those strut-mountings never made it to the FS9 model. An oversight or just corners cut to get it to market? I guess we'll never know.

I don't suppose the FSX model could be converted to FS9 could it?

Taff
    The grass is always greener on the other side...

But, it's just as hard to mow!

Quote Originally Posted by rgatkinson View Post
    FSX Fury - now that's doing this beautiful aircraft justice. And the pale yellow skin just adds to the splendour. A real shame those strut-mountings never made it to the FS9 model. An oversight or just corners cut to get it to market? I guess we'll never know.

I don't suppose the FSX model could be converted to FS9 could it?

Taff
    I don't think so as the FSX model consists of an external and internal model. Without the source file(s) i don't think it is possible.

Cheers,
    Huub

Stuart Green!

A very nice person who made incredible models.

If you wonder what he looked like, take a close look at the pilot!

Members +
    I REALLY need to fire up my Golden Wings again!
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

A blast from the distant past!
    The ancient Simtech Lavochkin La7.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

One of my favourite aircraft to fly in FS9

Another fun addon in FS9, Lunar pilot.

OOPS!

Members +
    Now THAT Lunar Pilot was a great add-on.. Yet another unique FS2004 add-on, now vanished off the 'net.
    I see your Jet Pack is textured.. Mine shows up as a grey backpack.. May I ask if I could possibly have a copy?
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa