FS2004 Screenshots Here!!! - Page 122
Page 122 of 153 FirstFirst ... 2272112114115116117118119120121122123124125126127128129130132 ... LastLast
Results 3,026 to 3,050 of 3819

Thread: FS2004 Screenshots Here!!!

knowing Mav he probably created it from existing variants.

17th T.A.S. Elmendorf AFB, 1968. My old squadron. Should be a "D" model but none available.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 17th T.A.S..png  
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Quote Originally Posted by l'iguane View Post
    Hi mav,

Where did you find this single seat CFT F-16 ? made by Kirk Olsson obviously
    I had been searching for one but not luck

Cheers
    L'iguane

Find????? Maybe the way i find things ..... others can do the same.

M

Is there a good P-36 for FS2004?

I have 2 P-36 models installed in FS2004

The old CFS2 model by Gramps and team. Which somehow looks more realistic than its successor SOH donationware aircraft by the Fighter Design Group (so also by Gramps and team )

And the donationware model, which looks very sharp, but not really as a P-36. It actually looks more like a racer.

When I compare them with the Vertigo model (below) I fly in FSX, you can see the final FS2004 P-36 is not yet available on my Hard Disk.

So with Ian's Pearl Harbor scenery on the horizon, I think the best option so far is to fly the shareware P-40 by Bruce Thorson over Hawaii.

Cheers,
    Huub

Odviously, im flying Bruce's P40 a lot at the moment I see what you mean, I have the donationware P36 installed but only with Mortons French AF repaint's
    Last edited by ian elliot; January 21st, 2022 at 23:08.

There is no reason to worry, as there are enough other aircraft to fly over Hawaii!

The Aeroplane Heaven Grumman F3F

Piglet's Kingfisher

Shessi's B-17 D

The donationware DC-2 (Uiver team)

Shessi's Catalina

And many more..........

You forgot shockwave's Zero....

Cheers mav

I still have lots of good fun flying Bruce's P-40s. Really like its challanges keeping an eye on enginetemp. landings etc. A bit noseheavy and constant need of trim during flight. At the moment I'm fiddling with paint on Lyons old Grumman Goose. If you are still interested flying this, I might give a try on a fictious US Navy grey livery..

daypharris

Love that B17, i can barrel around Pearl just like the B17 scene's in Tora, but i cant taxi the dam thing
    Is the The Aeroplane Heaven Grumman F3F available anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    Love that B17, i can barrel around Pearl just like the B17 scene's in Tora, but i cant taxi the dam thing
    The installer is around somewhere, I'm working away this weekend so can't look for it right now

Ttfn

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by mav View Post
    You forgot shockwave's Zero....

Cheers mav
    Mav,

The Shockwave Zero is too modern. It is the Mitsubishi A6M5 Zero Model 52. The prototype of the Model 52 flew summer 1943 and the aircraft went in production in April 1944!

So I fly the A6M2 model by Akemi. A decent model and freeware, which is also important for cheap buggers like me...... and there are many nice repaint available!

Gads, Your screen shots are just superb Huub.
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    Hi Ian,

The Grumman F3F is available here in the library. It has been uploaded by Tufun, with permission of Bazzar. When you do a search on "barrel" it will be at the first page.
    It is listed as the FS2002 version, but I can't remember a specific FS2004 version. There are several repaints for it in the library as well.

I still have the original on my disk, which had a separate .zip files with the gauges and one with the effects. These files are included in Tufun's upload.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Mav,

The Shockwave Zero is too modern. It is the Mitsubishi A6M5 Zero Model 52. The prototype of the Model 52 flew summer 1943 and the aircraft went in production in April 1944!

So I fly the A6M2 model by Akemi. A decent model and freeware, which is also important for cheap buggers like me...... and there are many nice repaint available!

Hey Huub you forgot the one by Restauravia

Ttfn

Pete

Got it, thanks Huub

Thats a very nice Goose daypharris

Hi Ian, many thanks for nice comment. Hard to find good pictures of this goose in US navy liveries. I'm going to give this one a try;

daypharris

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    Hey Huub you forgot the one by Restauravia

Ttfn

Pete
    You're right. But strange enough I have never installed it. Most likely as I'm quite satisfied with the model by Akemi. But thanks for the reminder, I will definitely have a look at the Restauravia one.

@Dapharris, Very nice repaint and hope you succeed to to do the second one.

Cheers,
    Huub

Work In Progress, not spot on but quite happy with result. No mercy regarding painting wing and tail. Some knowed issues with Lyons Goose. Colors just a wild guess..

daypharris
    (Dag Farestveit)

Looks really nice Dag. Personally I would go for a bit less blue (bit more greyish) colour on the top. But as said, it's really nice.

(I know the limitations of this model, so definitely a good job, within the possibilities.)

Cheers,
    Huub

Really looking good!

For what it's worth, I found this site a while ago. Thought I'd share with you for the paint:

http://www.banksofthesusquehanna.com/Color_Charts/

If you click on the "USN Aircraft Colors" option it will take you to the USN page for aircraft. There are various combinations to include the pre-war high visibility colors. Granted, the RGB values are a best guess as well, but they look fairly well on some of the experiments I've done so far.

Here's the 1940, 1941, and 1942 "two-tone" scheme with "Blue Gray" upper and "Light Gray" lower. It might be what you were looking for here.

Non-Specular Blue Gray: rgb = 111,138,145
    Light Gray: rgb = 182,181,176

It also has values for the insignia during the various eras as well as those of the USAAC as well.

Hope this helps!

Jorge

Hmmmm... I dunno... about some of them anyway.

I looked at his "Dark Sea Blue" in the wartime colors and it isn't even close - it's not blue at all, it's gray with just a hint of a smidgen of a blue cast.

I have some serious doubts about some of his pre-war colors too. Willow Green and True Blue both look a little too dark, and Insignia Blue isn't even close, it has a purple cast that might be close to Admiral Blue but not to Insignia Blue. His Insignia Red is much too dark, sort of a brick red that looks even darker than the toned-down wartime version of that color, more like the wartime RAF version of roundel red. The Aluminum and Silver Gray colors look very different, whereas the Navy made a very good job of of making them look as much alike as possible, virtually indistinguishable at any distance. The idea was to come up with a gray that would match silver as closely as possible in order to make planes look overall silver at a time when silver paint adhered poorly to metal surfaces. And neither of the colors on the website look at all like silver, not even a silvery gray.

Many of the other colors look pretty good to me, but enough of the ones I'm very familiar with are so far off that I wouldn't trust any of them as a reference for the ones I'm not so familiar with.

I get my information about Navy aviation colors from Major John Elliott's series of Monogram Color Guides, which contain color chips matched to the actual ceramic color tiles made by the Navy in those days, stored carefully and still available to researchers today. They were expected to have a color-fast life of well over a hundred years, and they weren't even close to being that old when they chips in the books were matched to them.

Anyone who wants to paint US Navy planes should have a set of those books, but alas, they are long out of print and have become rare books, unavailable except at outrageous collector prices if at all.

Colours are often a reason for interesting discussions. When the current model paint manufactures like Humbrol, Revell, Tamiya, Vallejo, AK, etc can't dome to an agreement what shade a colour actually was, how can we?

But I think the aircraft had NS Blue Grey upper surfaces and NS Light Grey under surfaces according to the specification M-485a from the Bureau of Aeronautics.

Cheers,
    Huub