FS2004 Screenshots Here!!! - Page 96
Page 96 of 153 FirstFirst ... 4686888990919293949596979899100101102103104106146 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 3822

Thread: FS2004 Screenshots Here!!!

Very odd jobs man and MiGaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Nice work Steve. I'm surprised to see the textures do not stretch at the end of the fuselage joints.

Cheers,
    Huub
    There is a tiny amount of texture pull towards the top of the fuselage, and a fair bit of texture pull weirdness on the wing top which makes painting Roundels fun, but over all it's a nice model too work on.

Steve

AH Hurricane, one of my repaints.

WWII Fighters (A2A/Shockwave) Bf109 repaint by Stephan "Epsillon" Pillon

AH Hurricane, one for my repaints

WWII Fighters (A2A/Shockwave) Bf109 repaint by Stephan "Epsillon" Pillon

Ground textures Golden Wings, mesh of the Alps : mesh Alps LOD10 by Ferranti & Sandmann

Cheers,
    Huub

As I didn't dare to post in the Amiot thread..................

Now that is one pretty aircraft!!

As I didn't dare to post in the Amiot thread..................

You could upload this texture to get your pardon !!

Oh boy, this is fun to fly, Simtech Do335 and a skin by Morton

The Dewoitine D.520 is the classic cfs2/FS2002 model by Jean-Marie Mermaz. Textures are never released, but done by me....

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    Oh boy, this is fun to fly, Simtech Do335 and a skin by Morton
    Ian,

That's one of the reasons why FS9 is so nice. There is a huge amount of fun freeware available for it!

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    Now that is one pretty aircraft!!
    N°6 Groupe de chasse III/6 Ace Pierre Le Gloan "Hurricane killer Syria"

Good paint!

JMC

Used to build models when I was younger and had an airbrush that I used to use....Never realized that you can do the same methods of shading and everything in Photoshop....Just a quick throwing something together, so I could see....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scrshot074.jpg   Scrshot075.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by nater View Post
    Used to build models when I was younger and had an airbrush that I used to use....Never realized that you can do the same methods of shading and everything in Photoshop....Just a quick throwing something together, so I could see....
    Hi Nater,

I think many from us came from plastic models. Virtual aircraft are much easier! You always have the correct paint, they don't collect dust, and they don't loose fragile parts when somebody decides to dust them off.....
    Good luck, repainting is addictive.....

Cheers,
    Huub

Pierre Le Gloan (6 January 1913 – 11 September 1943) was a French ace of World War II. Unique in the annals of wartime flying, he scored victories against German, Italian and British forces. He was killed in a landing accident in September 1943.

After he had won a civil aviation scholarship as teenager, he joined the French Air Force when he became 18. At the outbreak of the war he was stationed in the Rheims area where he shot down his first German aircraft, flying a Morane Saulnier M.406. When the Germans invaded France his unit was assigned to protect Belgium. On the 1st of Juni his unit was moved to the South of France to be re-equipped with the Dewoitine D.520. After Italy declared war to France on the 10th of June, Le Glaon's unit flew patrols to intercept the Italian Bombers.
    Due to the military situation of France on 20 June GC III/6 was withdrawn to Algiers in Algeria. After the armistice between France and Germany, and the subsequent British attacks on the French navy, French forces in North Africa, including Le Gloan's unit, their former Allies, suddenly became their enemies.
    In May 1941 GC III/6 was moved to Syria which was still a French colony. Allied troops had started attacks on Syria and Lebanon. By the 5th of June, before GC III/6 was moved back to Algiers again, Le Gloan had already shot 5 Hurricanes and one Gladiator.
    During the operation Torch the French units did not oppose the Allied landing forces and soon the French forces in Afrika sided with the Allies. In May 1943 Le Gloan's unit, then renamed GC 3/6 Roussillon, was re-armed with new Bell P-39 Airacobra fighters. During a patrol over sea he made an attempt to perform a belly landing on the beach, after severe engine problem. During this landing the aircraft exploded, most likely because the belly tank was still attached.

During his unique combat career Pierre Le Gloan shot down 18 confirmed aircraft (four German, seven Italian and seven British), which made him the fourth leading French flying aces of the war. 14 of these victories were scored with the Dewoitine D.520. Untill his aircraft was lost in during a landing accident in Syria he flew the Dewoitine No.277, which was replaced by the Dewoitine No.300 after this accident.

Cheers,
    Huub

Algiers 1940

Syria 1941

Algiers 1941

Hi Huub,
    Nice summary of Le Gloan's career and nice screenshots.
    The French did not bear the marks of victories on their planes until 1943 and never included the victories obtained in the context of the Vichy aviation against the allies (US / UK).
    JMC

PS : One team of French modelers is working on a brand new freeware D520 (not me)
    https://libertysim.net/t/hawker-hurricane/42365/15

Thanks Huub! Still trying to find a perfect setting, but I think this version looks better....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scrshot076.jpg   Scrshot077.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by gastonj View Post
    Hi Huub,
    Nice summary of Le Gloan's career and nice screenshots.
    The French did not bear the marks of victories on their planes until 1943 and never included the victories obtained in the context of the Vichy aviation against the allies (US / UK).
    JMC

PS : One team of French modelers is working on a brand new freeware D520 (not me)
    https://libertysim.net/t/hawker-hurricane/42365/15

Thanks JMC,

From what I understand is your statement about "marks of victories" is only partially true. I understood the aces were allowed to carry a French "bleu-blanc-rouge" ribbon around their fuselage. As Pierre Le Gloan's aircraft carried these ribbons around his wing as well, in a later stage of the war, I assume he was allowed to carry them on his wings after an additional amount of victories. But perhaps you know the answers on this.....

Its good to see there are people finally working on a new D.520. In my opinion it was definitely the best French fighter from the second world war and therefore I think it deserves more attention. I really hope that this one will be finished. In the past there was a team which released a payware Bloch MB.151 (Can't remember the name of the team but the images were brilliant). They were also working on a high quality Bf109 Emil and a Dewoitine D.520. Not long after the Bloch MB.151 was gone and so were the plans for the Dewoitine D.510. After the release of their Bloch MB.I52 I was told that somebody from the Restauravia team was working on a Morane Saulnier MS.406 to replace Thico's old cfs2 version...... Well at least we now have a Swiss D.32801 version of the MS.406 for FSX....... I'm glad a certain person released the history of the Dewoitine D.500 series for FSX . But in general I think French aircraft don't get the attention they deserve.

I will try to upload a "Pierre le Gloan" package with all texures in one single package. I will upload the the one from GC I/3 flown by Sergent Lucien Rigalleau. seperately.

Cheers,
    Huub

I can't get enough of this bird.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0125201.jpg  

For those who still fly the old Jean-Marie Mermaz Dewoitine. The Pierre le Gloan texture package is available in the library!

Enjoy,
    Huub

Icon22 Reply...

Huub Vink.

Very nice! I wish his CFS2 version was multi-lod, but c'est la vie. They look great!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Thanks for the nice words Rami. When I fly this aircraft I always wonder whether Jean-Marie Mermaz realises that this nearly 20 years old model is still the best looking D.520 around. Its a pity the model isn't really suitable for cfs2, but luckily you have alternatives.

I have just uploaded the textures for the version flown by Sergent Lucien Rigalleau during the Battle for France.

Enjoy,
    Huub

Reply...

Huub Vink.

I'll be using the Dewoitine D.520 more in Part II of the Battle of France, but after doing 338 missions and 19 campaigns during the period between 10 and 25 May 1940, I'm taking a brief hiatus from mission building to avoid burnout.

I've always had a soft spot in my heart for the Mermaz version. I love your repaints!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Really nice Huub ,thanks.... as for cfs2 suitability..

Really????

Cheers mav

Definitely a WIP, but the details are really starting to come alive! Using a soft brush with a 25% flow on the base coats, and a 10% flow for the highlighting...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scrshot078.jpg   Scrshot079.jpg   Scrshot080.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by mav View Post
    Really nice Huub ,thanks.... as for cfs2 suitability..

Really????

Cheers mav
    She looks nice in cfs2 and great frame rates too! But I always thought that no LOD models were not really suitable to use as AI in cfs2.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by nater View Post
    Definitely a WIP, but the details are really starting to come alive! Using a soft brush with a 25% flow on the base coats, and a 10% flow for the highlighting...

You can't say I didn't warn you! Before you know you spend half the night trying to sort that one thing out, or struggle to get that other thing a bit better..................

Cheers,
    Huub

Icon12

She looks nice in cfs2 and great frame rates too! But I always thought that no LOD models were not really suitable to use as AI in cfs2.Cheers,Huub
    Huub.... this thing has LoDs.... i add them in scasm code.... that why i call this procedure ScasmLoD..... Cheers mav