FS2004 Screenshots Here!!! - Page 61
Page 61 of 153 FirstFirst ... 1151535455565758596061626364656667686971111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 3822

Thread: FS2004 Screenshots Here!!!

Just reloaded these 'Beasties' (again) in my Cold War version of FS9!
    I can almost 'read' the instrument panel.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Your screenies make me realise I'm getting old. I can still remember these aircraft were considered a threat. When I look at the screenshots now, I really think they belong in a museum....

Cheers,
    Huub

"Bad ol' Bear"... lol! I've spent many hours in the '95, nice shots!

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

I remember talking to Phantom pilot a "few" (ahem) years back who told me that, during cold war cruises, the carrier always launched them in pairs for barcap. If they encountered a Bear, as was apparently fairly common, one plane would stand back with missiles locked, ready to shoot, and the other would go up and "communicate" as Maverick said. BUT, if the Bear opened his bomb bay, they guy up front had to fly down, under the Bear, and up as close into the bomb bay as they could. NOT a job I'd want!
    And as you can see from the Angels, Navy/MC pilots can fly CLOSE formation indeed.

I don't know if he was pulling my leg, but he SEEMED to be telling the truth...
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Another freeware gem from Piglet

I downloaded this years ago but never really flew it much at the time - what a shame as it's a real gem. Amended it to use copies of my Alphasim F-5E afterburner effects and applied a lick of paint (WIP) and I must say I'm liking it a lot. Surprised at the lack of repaints for it though. At least there'll be one more soon...

Taff
    The grass is always greener on the other side...

But, it's just as hard to mow!

Piglet's F-5 is indeed very nice. I did some repaints from the model in the past but I'm not sure whether I ever uploaded them. At simviation there is a nice package with all special liveries of the F-5 flown by the Royal Netherlands Air Force (Search for Dutch Freedom Fighters FS2004).

This is what I have been doing lately.....

Cheers,
    Huub

Very smart Huub, is that the Alpha model ?

Thanks Ian, but its the WOP model from the Bombers and Jets package. I always loved the model, but it thought the textures didn't do justice to the model. It tried to make something more to my taste, which was not as easy as I thought, as possibilities are a bit limited due to the texture lay-out (mirrored parts, repeating parts, etc...).

The funny thing is that there was a standard Luftwaffe scheme for this aircraft, but I haven't found a single picture from an aircraft which actually was painted in this standard scheme. The scheme used the colours RLM76, RLM81 and RLM82. The 3 factories in which this aircraft was built all had their own version of the scheme and as most original pictures were in black and white, it is hard to distinct the difference between RLM81 and 82.

There are still a few survivors in the original paint, but sadly these schemes don't match and do not even get close to the Luftwaffe standard scheme......

But as usual I have learned a lot about the original aircraft by doing this repaint. It came to late to be important during the war, but its technology was used widely after the war.

The original textures

What I made of it

Of course, i'd forgotten about that version, think i may even have the disk somewhere

the only one ive seen in the flesh is at the RAF Museum at Hendon in north London, and it looks like it was badly repainted in the 1950's, i belive it was display'd with RAF markings for some time.

I have that (WOP) package somewhere in my collection. I'll have to dig it out. Will you be uploading your much-improved skin Huub?

Taff.

ps thanks for the heads up regarding the Dutch Freedom Fighters at Simviation - I've had a look but can't find them but it might just be me

Very odd jobs man and MiGaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by rgatkinson View Post
    I downloaded this years ago but never really flew it much at the time - what a shame as it's a real gem. Amended it to use copies of my Alphasim F-5E afterburner effects and applied a lick of paint (WIP) and I must say I'm liking it a lot. Surprised at the lack of repaints for it though. At least there'll be one more soon...

Taff
    I released some South Vietnamese schemes for Piglets F5, you will find them here if your interested,

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...fatality/page2

Steve

Thanks Steve, much appreciated. I have them now - very nice I also grabbed a couple of your repaints for other aircraft as well while I was at it - cheers

Taff

Taff,

When you do a seach on "gilhuys" at Simviation they will pop up. I had not realised they were don fore the FSX model, hoever when you reduce the size from 2048 to 1024 they should work in FS9 as well.

BTW I intend to upload the He162 Volksjäger, so you better start looking for the CD .

Cheers,
    Huub

Thanks Huub, I've found the package now and am downloading as I type. I will also start looking for my WOP CD in readiness

Taff

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Thanks Ian, but its the WOP model from the Bombers and Jets package. I always loved the model, but it thought the textures didn't do justice to the model. It tried to make something more to my taste, which was not as easy as I thought, as possibilities are a bit limited due to the texture lay-out (mirrored parts, repeating parts, etc...).

The funny thing is that there was a standard Luftwaffe scheme for this aircraft, but I haven't found a single picture from an aircraft which actually was painted in this standard scheme. The scheme used the colours RLM76, RLM81 and RLM82. The 3 factories in which this aircraft was built all had their own version of the scheme and as most original pictures were in black and white, it is hard to distinct the difference between RLM81 and 82.

There are still a few survivors in the original paint, but sadly these schemes don't match and do not even get close to the Luftwaffe standard scheme......

But as usual I have learned a lot about the original aircraft by doing this repaint. It came to late to be important during the war, but its technology was used widely after the war.

The original textures

What I made of it

Amazing improvement! I always loved this little jet but the textures were not as good as the model!

I needed a MiG break from painting a bare metal Boston. It just needs some insignia's.

Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails iris_mig29_st2017-3.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    I needed a MiG break from painting a bare metal Boston. It just needs some insignia's.

Steve
    Hmmm. . .Would it be Luftwaffe? Or Czech?

Quote Originally Posted by HorusJ View Post
    Hmmm. . .Would it be Luftwaffe? Or Czech?
    That's just it I have no idea, I just needed too paint a MiG.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    That's just it I have no idea, I just needed too paint a MiG.

Steve
    Hehehe. I have no problem with that.Sometimes you just need to "Mig".

SOH-CM-2023

Cessna 150 night flight

Hi All,

I flew a Cessna 150 from Seattle to Pearson tonight. 1.5 hrs night and .4 instrument. Lots of fun fighting the wind and rain but I got it down smooth. Now its time for some dinner!

Please let me know if you cant see this. it looked ok on my monitor but I wasnt sure.

Sean
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fs9 2017-09-18 21-39-26-39.jpg  

Sink the Bismark

bit of fun with fs recorder and shessi's Bismark scenery...

ttfn

Pete

The storm come'th........running the ridges in a Tornado F.3

"Thats some of the best flying I have ever seen, upto the point that your dead, Never ever leave your wingman!"......Jester, Top Gun

My favorite of the Century Series of fighters, for the USAF, has to be the Lockheed F-104 Starfighter. It gets that honor for a "weird" and "nerdy" reason: It was the fighter that chased the Starship USS Enterprise (NCC-1701) from the original series. When i was a kid, i would dream of being Captain John Christopher closing in on her....

Though the 'dream' would have been more realistic if he would have been flying the Convair F-102 Delta Dagger of the F-106 Delta Dart. That is because those were the birds being flown by Air Defense Command (ADC) at the time. The F-104 was mainly used by Tactical Air Command (TAC)

But damn it was a good dream. I had two models hanging over my bed back then. One was the Enterprise and the other was a Starfighter

Hell just thinking about makes me glad that "Tomorrow is Yesterday" in our sim.
    "Thats some of the best flying I have ever seen, upto the point that your dead, Never ever leave your wingman!"......Jester, Top Gun