FS2004 Screenshots Here!!! - Page 75
Page 75 of 155 FirstFirst ... 2565676869707172737475767778798081828385125 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 3875

Thread: FS2004 Screenshots Here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Its people's own choice to pursuit what is generally considered progress. But in general the things we loose by chasing progress, are part of what we call "the good old days" when things were much better.......
    Agreed wholeheartedly. More affordable and still plenty of fun and mighty therapeutic.

Nice screenshots yourself, Huub. Could swim in that first capture of the Fairey Battle for a long while, it would be slow to grow old. Looks to be nearly as large as a DAK. Love that Fokker D.XXIII by Mr. Kazunori Ito as well, and those skins by Matt Wynn are delicious. Had missed the outset of the D.XXIII back in June of '12 while out wrestling with illness pre-diagnosis. Am still here though, must be doing something right so far (though sooner or later we all hit the wall). Until then, more FS2004 goodness from very recent flights...

The Sabre has never grown old to me, not by a long shot. Jan, Cliff, Hansjorg, and Rob, gave us all something truly FS beautiful.

​.

My mother's name was Joan. That's why the original "Miss Joan" is always flown here.

​.

My mother's name was Joan.
    Wow! Small world. My mother's name was Joan as well!

Great shots, too. Thanks!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

SOH-CM-2023
    Benton IL. U.S.A. Ilive in country with 70 acres.

SECTIONF8 F-86 Sabre.

The Section 8 F-86 Sabre is the best plane I think for FSX also, I have it in FSX with 138 liveries, lot of black smoke guns that fire with a tracer, and thanks to a very good friend my face is the Sabre pilot. If I had to only have one plane it would be this Sabre. Lee

~ Fokker D.XXIII ~

Pat- Bet she was also a certifiably really good person and baked awesome chocolate chip cookies.

Lee- No personal pic on your profile, but am reasonably sure what you look like now: Hannibal Lecter (it's the mask, man).

Huub- Downloaded a copy of that lovely Fokker D.XXIII model, installing, reading through the pages of the old thread http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...XIII-available and copy/pasting most of the listed air file mods. Thank you Drzook, OBIO, Hurricane91, Matt Wynn, and the others involved in augmenting this beauty, and my special appreciation to Mr. Kanuzori Ito for the great gift.

Am having a few problems with her though (such as no flaps, either on the model as well as in effect), and when coming in to land against a mild crosswind her nose points in the opposite direction. She's also yawing in the opposite direction when one wheel touches down first (starboard gear touches initially then plane heads port side). Got one other plane that does that, strange, haven't tackled this yet. However, last night was one of those "can't stop flying her" episodes, flying and flying the area through a heavy rain storm (as it was doing here at the time). There's simply some things about her that really agree with me. Then, this morning,...

Copy/pasted the sounds of the default DH 88, they'll do for now. Always kind of liked those sounds. Added a gear .wav to the mix.

See what I mean? Had to keep the nose pointed left while the breeze was pushing a skosh from the right. Real crosswinds exacerbate this opposite-acting effect. Weird.

Glad you posted a shot of the D.XXIII, Huub. With all going well, we'll be spending a good amount of quality time together. Have also, after seeing your shot of her, downloaded the files for the D.XVII (one listen to the sound files after zipdiving and I was hooked). Have got a soft spot for biplanes (thank you Richard Bach).

​.

Rainbow Warrior

I must admit I was unaware of this beauty until a recent screenshot on this forum, now I have several models and over 50 quality repaints - gorgeous

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rainbow Warrior.jpg  
    The grass is always greener on the other side...

But, it's just as hard to mow!

rgatkinson- :-) The NAMC YS-11 is cherished so much here that I'd fly her bare. Glad you've found each other.

Huub- Love these real Dutch beauties, the D.XVII the latest. Loaded up 25U, my favorite USFS strip in Oregon and soaked it all in. These Fokkers are for you...

Aircraft, flight dynamics, and textures by Wim Regeer.

Fokker D.XVII fighter.zip here in the file library.

​.

Flying 2 flight sims in 1 day is a luxury. Was feeling luxurious today, FS9 1st then FS8. Remember this beauty? Of course you do...

The awesome L-1011 by Mr. Erick Cantu. Another favorite of mine (and of many other simmers').
    The sole ride I had on one of these huge beauties irl was a Delta, LAX to KIND night flight in 1979. Loved every bles-sed minute of it.

Landing where I shouldn't a otta- KBFF. Fun though!

Am tossing in an evening Tripacer crosswind landing and a YS-11 ready to roll one recent morning...

Thuh-thuh-THEE-dah . Thuh-thuh-THEE-dah . That's all folks! .(for today)

​.

NAMC YS-11 Repaint WIP

Working on a repaint of my own for this beauty. Very much a WIP but I'm pretty happy with it so far

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails YS11 fil-asian.jpg  

Would be happy with it myself were it my work. Nice paint rg. Will like to see it finished, though it already looks close to done.

This is a wild real-world YS-11 paint: https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8036437 Since the plane is new to you, many simmers miss getting the extra touchdown effects installed (in the aircraft folder, to be placed into the main sim Effects folder). "Goldilocks" touchdown smoke... not too much, not too little, just right. Makes the replays more enjoyable. Screenshot from today's flight...

​.

SOH-CM-2023

Hannibal Lecter

I don't understand why you would insult me by that remark ? I was going to share my liveries if some one ask, I spent my life trying to help people and now every time I post on this site I get slammed, I will post no more. Lee

NAMC YS-11 fil-asian airways

Boxcar, thanks for your generous comments and the tip for touchdown effects - I'll certainly give them a go. The repaint is almost finished, just a bit of checking and tidying up to do. I'll most likely upload here and the usual places. It's the least I can do given the generosity of those who created the model and other repaint authors whose work I am enjoying. Most likely two versions - one with tailfin deicer boots painted and one unpainted. Painted is accurate to photos of the actual aircraft but I prefer unpainted and I have seen photos of other YS-11s in fil-asian service with unpainted boots so not too inaccurate.

Taff

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Mumbower View Post
    I don't understand why you would insult me by that remark ? I was going to share my liveries if some one ask, I spent my life trying to help people and now every time I post on this site I get slammed, I will post no more. Lee
    Lee- Fascinating, that you'd take my remark as insulting. Nothing could be further from the truth. Admittedly, not everyone shares my rather unique sense of humor and there was absolutely no offence intended. If you want to use this as an excuse not to share with others then that's your call, and if so then that would be most unfortunate in my estimation to withhold your work from our community over a misunderstanding. Am happy to take this more fully via PM should you desire, sir.

​.

Quote Originally Posted by rgatkinson View Post
    Most likely two versions - one with tailfin deicer boots painted and one unpainted. Painted is accurate to photos of the actual aircraft but I prefer unpainted and I have seen photos of other YS-11s in fil-asian service with unpainted boots so not too inaccurate.

Taff
    erm, the boots aren't painted, normally a natural rubber black boot glued onto the leading edge, the tails (aeroplanes) without the black boots ie painted same as rest of plane, are early production models. The rubber boots were added later in production run after test flying for icing had been completed.

Ttfn

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    erm, the boots aren't painted, normally a natural rubber black boot glued onto the leading edge, the tails (aeroplanes) without the black boots ie painted same as rest of plane, are early production models. The rubber boots were added later in production run after test flying for icing had been completed.

Ttfn

Pete
    Yep, I would generally agree. But, perhaps I didn't explain myself properly or I'm not quite understanding the point you're making. The repaint is of a mature aircraft that had been flown by several airlines before fil-asian operated it between 2011 and 2014 - as such it is not a prototype. However, photos of the fil-asian aircraft show it with the tailfin deicer boot overpainted white - at least that's the way I see it. Personally, I prefer the fin deicing boot painted black rather than white. I will include both variations in my repaint when I upload it.

ps by painted I mean showing as black or white in the photo/repaint whether that means black 'rubber boot fitted' or white 'no rubber boot fitted' in real life.

Taff

Lee,

Don't take Boxcar too serious. I think you just became a victim of his weird sense of humor (although he calls it "unique")
    When you don't want to be confronted with his messages you can easily put him on your ignore list..... (See below)

Cheers,
    Huub

Don't take Boxcar too serious.
    Thank you.

I think you just became a victim of his weird sense of humor (although he calls it "unique")
    Hmmm... unsure about "victim", Huub. Have thought for the longest time that no one gets offended unless they want to be.
    My better friends have taught me this over the decades... and everywhere I travel my better friends are peace officers. They're
    also the ones branding my sense of humor as "unique" over the years. "Strange", in my own words. Again, no harm intended.

When you don't want to be confronted with his messages you can easily put him on your ignore list.
    ...or he can just ignore me like most everyone else here, heh! The exceptions are respected and appreciated, really.

Look, have said this before and will say it once again: Many people don't care for me at first, especially online, though if
    they'll make an effort to respond instead of react, to communicate, engage me, get to know one another just a skosh then
    they really can't stand me. 'Nuff about that (I hope).

Moving right along, the weather was great for soaring today, even a hundred miles west near Laramie Peak in Wyoming.
    Haven't got a sailplane addon yet. Only have 10 addon aircraft packages in my FS2004 hangar so far, keeping it simple.
    The default Schweizer 2-32S would have to suffice for now. Got a tow out of 76V, Thomas Memorial, Glendo, dirt strip.
    It was fun...

Laramie Peak looms large beside Glendo.

76V, Thomas Memorial by the reservoir. Am (in)famous there too. Why, they even...

...erected a memorial in my honor.

Never ever crashed my Schleicher ASW28 years ago, but this one hates me.

​.

Now that was a blast form my past...AND present!
    I learned in the 2-32 back when I had just turned 15, long and long ago! Although, honestly, that looks more like the 126. The 2-32 was a high wing, 2seat job. Stable, great to learn in. The 126 was closer, not quite but closer, to a high-performance glider.

But ANYwho...

My middle daughter got out of the Corps, and now lives in Laramie. Wave to her as you sail over

Have fun!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

SOH-CM-2023

old

It must be my old age 73,that I now let things bother me , I would never withhold any help from any one on this site.

I go to this site several times a day and found a good friend from Hungry on this site. I read the remark with no sleep and a 73 year old brain and took it wrong.I know there was no harm now, I guess at my age I need to get more sleep. Lee

Quote Originally Posted by rgatkinson View Post
    Yep, I would generally agree. But, perhaps I didn't explain myself properly or I'm not quite understanding the point you're making. The repaint is of a mature aircraft that had been flown by several airlines before fil-asian operated it between 2011 and 2014 - as such it is not a prototype. However, photos of the fil-asian aircraft show it with the tailfin deicer boot overpainted white - at least that's the way I see it. Personally, I prefer the fin deicing boot painted black rather than white. I will include both variations in my repaint when I upload it.

ps by painted I mean showing as black or white in the photo/repaint whether that means black 'rubber boot fitted' or white 'no rubber boot fitted' in real life.

Taff
    Ah, gotcha, don't know why they would do that (overpaint a de-icer boot) ; it would mean the boot no longer functioned ; unless they had changed their flight manual for no flights in icing conditions? hmmm

But yes early build (not prototype) YS-11 did not have boots fitted, here is serial 2023 with no boots

https://www.airliners.net/photo/All-...puHmYxrA%3D%3D

likewise 2029

https://www.airliners.net/photo/Hawa...0/HkAxqw%3D%3D

by the time we get to 2062 ; boots installed

https://www.airliners.net/photo/Pied...0/HkAxqw%3D%3D

ttfn

Pete

(resident aeroplane engineer!)

NAMC YS-11 fil-asian airways (finished?)

Well, I think I've fiddled and tweaked it as much as I can so here is the finished article. I'll package and upload it later today or more likely tomorrow. I'll include an alternative tailfin texture with the black/rubber deicer boot on leading edge for those who, like me, prefer that look.

Taff

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    Ah, gotcha, don't know why they would do that (overpaint a de-icer boot); it would mean the boot no longer functioned; unless they had changed their flight manual for no flights in icing conditions? hmmm

ttfn

Pete

(resident aeroplane engineer!)
    Hi Pete, totally understand and agree with you. It does seem strange but I think fil-asian overpainted them. Take a look at this photo...

https://www.airliners.net/photo/Fil-...1A-522/2829195

They look overpainted to me as I can see bleed through of the underlying black boot. Of course, it might just be that they removed the rubber boot and what I'm actually seeing is residual staining rather than bleed through. My eyes may be deceiving me as I get older ;-)

Taff

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    I learned in the 2-32 back when I had just turned 15, long and long ago! Although, honestly, that looks more like the 126. The 2-32 was a high wing, 2seat job. Stable, great to learn in. The 126 was closer, not quite but closer, to a high-performance glider.
    Pat- Yes, the lines MS gave her do make her appear a bit 1-26. Yesterday after posting here, a lot of researching was accomplished. Downloaded a couple of files to update the default sailplane to hopefully avoid future memorials. A Schleicher ASW 28 too that will hold me for now. Would love to have a 1-26 in the sim as well as irl but haven't found one for FS2004 yet and I'm a broke philanthropist. Laramie is chill. This one's for you, man, virtual Wyoming west of Dayton...

It must be my old age 73,that I now let things bother me , I would never withhold any help from any one on this site. ...
    Lee- Am thinking we're much more alike then different. Ever hear of the "4 Agreements", an excellent work by Don Miguel Ruiz?

Be impeccable with your word.
    Don't take anything personally.
    Don't make assumptions.
    Always do your best.

Have had 3 of the 4 down well through my life, though still have the tendency to take things personally. A lack of sleep never helps, me too sometimes. So many times over the decades I've posted things in forum replies early in the morning before my widdle bwain had enough joe to begin to fire on all thrusters, and many of those posts went south due to my taking things wrong. Am only 65. Maybe when we're 120 years old then we'll have it all down right. Good benefits come with being 120 too: You can smoke, drink, do drugs, no one bothers you, you won't get arrested, they leave you be. :-) (good luck with that) This one's for you, Lee, another "blast from the past"...

Taff- Heya, just learned something. "Taff/Taffee" is essentially Welch for "David", my name also. Your repainted YS-11 looks really good, thanks for your willingness to share the skins. Take care of the lady and she'll always bring you back home with feel-good inside of you. This one's for you, from my home base...

​.

YS-11 fil-asian airways - uploaded.

Have just uploaded it here at sim-outhouse, should hopefully be available soon. Look for AFG_NAMC_YS11_fil-asian-airways.zip

Wasn't quite as finished as I thought, added a few extra details and completely repainted the tailfin logo to better match the colours, design and dimensions of the actual aircraft/livery. Right, time for my bed.... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Taff

Doh!

I have just uploaded v2 of my repaint which now includes textures for the wheel chocks, warning cones and 'remove before flight' tags when the aircraft is parked with engines switched off.

Look for AFG_NAMC_YS11_fil-asian-airways_v2.zip

Taff

Members who have read this thread: 226