FS2004 Screenshots Here!!! - Page 78
Page 78 of 155 FirstFirst ... 2868707172737475767778798081828384858688128 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 3875

Thread: FS2004 Screenshots Here!!!

Am pleased there's some interest, thanks guys. Am still working on this, getting the ReadMe finished and the folders/zipping sequence figured out (never done this before). Can't be that difficult, will get there. Several more sets will be coming with all going well, for various realistic weather conditions. 2 more sets are nearly finished, been working on these for months. Little by little one goes far...

Some things you may like about this set is that the clouds (especially cumulus) won't get so partially and strongly colorful during post-dawn/pre-Sunset sequencing. And as previously said: The night sky is working out amazingly well, it looks real. Have worked hard to get the lumosity, saturation, and color balance as close as I can. The addon stars-dat file with the extra stars truly helps in this. Am pretty sure you'll like it.

Am leaving out of town tomorrow morning for an undetermined amount of time. Will try to get these uploaded before departing.

​.

Quote Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
    Am pleased there's some interest, thanks guys. Am still working on this, getting the ReadMe finished and the folders/zipping sequence figured out (never done this before). Can't be that difficult, will get there. Several more sets will be coming with all going well, for various realistic weather conditions. 2 more sets are nearly finished, been working on these for months. Little by little one goes far...

Some things you may like about this set is that the clouds (especially cumulus) won't get so strongly colorful during post-dawn/pre-Sunset sequencing. And as previously said: The night sky is working out amazingly well, it looks real. Have worked hard to get the lumosity, saturation, and color balance as close as I can. The addon stars-dat file with the extra stars truly helps in this. Am pretty sure you'll like it
    Looks pretty amazing to me. Put me down for a copy also, please.
    Taff
    The grass is always greener on the other side...

But, it's just as hard to mow!

Quote Originally Posted by rgatkinson View Post
    Looks pretty amazing to me. Put me down for a copy also, please.
    Sure. On one condition: You trade me for a copy of that KLM City Hopper. Honestly, am so choosey about my YS-11 skins, nearly always flying the PBA, but your Dutch beauty is beckoning, "Fly me, boxcar!"

Sascha & Sheesi- Rarely do I fly planes that will shoot and drop armaments (TU-95 an exception because it flies so "lumberingly" well), but please know that I've admired both of you for your amazing works regularly for quite some time.

Last edited by boxcar; September 30th, 2018 at 10:37.

​.

Sure. On one condition: You trade me for a copy of that KLM City Hopper. Honestly, am so choosey about my YS-11 skins, nearly always flying the PBA, but your Dutch beauty is beckoning, "Fly me, boxcar!"

Sure thing, it's a deal. Just need to tweak and fine tune her a little more first, I reckon a few days at most work permitting.

Taff

Alrightythen... the new sky textures should be available now: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ks.php?catid=8

​.

NAMC YS-11 KLM cityhopper *uploaded to SOH library*

Ok boxcar, a deals a deal

enjoy!

Taff

Alrightythen... the new sky textures should be available now: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ks.php?catid=8

Thanks Boxcar, I will definitely try them as they look very natural in your screenshots

Cheers,
    Huub

Ok boxcar, a deals a deal
    Good trade. Am looking forward to dressing my gal up in these skins soon, flying over Amsterdam-way to visit my Dutch cousin "Peer", stocking up on wooden shoes and cheese, then checking out the ladies the handsome airman introduced me to at one of those great bars downtown back in 2002 and see if they're still pretty. Of course, his wife may have a say in this, as the last time we barely managed to stay out of the hoosecow.

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Thanks Boxcar, I will definitely try them as they look very natural in your screenshots
    Appreciated. Hope you like them, Huub. My very first set for FS2004 (yet unfinished) has a Sunset you're sure to like... though first I need to work out some smoother transitions (screenshot below). Similar though subtly different. Looks great through cloud cover as well. With all going well you won't have to wait all that long. Day at a time and things become clearer...

Cruising the Front Range near Denver

Been a way long day. Am missing my flight sim and my bed already. This, too, will pass. Got my little laptop with me though.
    ​.
    Last edited by boxcar; October 1st, 2018 at 20:00.

​.

All of that effort to get here and he wasn't home! No worries though. Got some fine deals on wood clogs and dairy products. Heading back out at Sunset...

Dutch Treats. Am loving the skins, rg, beautiful work.

​.

Liking the screenshots David, she looks very dramatic when paired with your sky textures. Glad you're enjoying the repaints. I have a few more in mind so keep your eye's peeled over the next few weeks.

All the best, Richard.

With all the forest fires this past summer...

I decided to FINALLY give Miltons F7 Tigercat firebomber a good look. It's been in the hangar for ages, but I've been more interested in my 'black' regular Tigercat. And well.. I can't leave well enough alone, so spent a couple of rainy days with her in the paint shop.

I like the TBM paint scheme, and decided to have a go, and using the supplied texture set as a template to get the orange and white areas where they should be...and from looking at my reference photos... they are close enough in shape and colour to be bang on for me!!!

then it was repaint time!!!

Using a mix of the paint kit for the bare metal, panel lines, and rivets, and the 'bare metal' F7F3 textures for the wing and engine alpha channels to work with, and a custom one for the taller tail tanker, It was a great starting point.

I'm happy with the finished result. She doesn't look completely worn out, her 'paint' still looks dapper, but the bare aluminium is REALLY starting to show the effects of weathering.. and HOT California sun! She definitely looks used!

Now.. if I can only sort out a niggling little issue I wish I could fix with the water (fuel) load .... and add some nav lights.. EVEN if they don't fold with the wings.. just turn them OFF first!! LOL
    Dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TBM final 4.jpg   TBM final 6.jpg   TBM final 15.jpg  

Bushi, those look amazing! There's a definite, but sometimes subtly, difference between a texture artiste and a texture painter. You are most definitely in the former category

Taff

What Richard said, Dave. Simply god-giss work. Makes me want to fly low over flames with a belly-full to release.

​.

​.

Thanks guys! Much appreciated.. and there are way better painters out there.. I'm STILL trying to get natural metal down// not easy!! LOL

Today I cleaned up the leading edges of the wings. They kept bugging me.. a bit TOO scratched up.. so.. new panels around the air scoops, and softened and polished the first few inches of aluminium wing .. NOW I'm happy!!

Added a couple of lines of rivets to the belly tank where the central bulkhead attaches, and did a bit of work on the exhaust pattern .

I'm going to have to stop now.. as I could keep 'tweaking'.. never quite satisfied.. But she looks good to me, and that's what counts in my book..

I can't thank Gordon and Jeremy enough for the textures included with the airplane's upload.. Both inspiration, AND a great template to use when I laid out my repaint.

Another screen shot of the beast getting ready for yet another 'drop'...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TBM final 20 scoops and exhaust done.jpg  

All of that effort to get here and he wasn't home! No worries though. Got some fine deals on wood clogs and dairy products.
    I guess I was out cycling........... that a typical Dutch habit

Cheers,
    Huub

Beautiful work Dave, Glad to see you're still splashing a bit of paint.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    I guess I was out cycling........... that a typical Dutch habit
    Had you in mind, Huub, though I was speaking of my Dutch buddy "Peer" (at FlightSim). He and I both joined there in 2002, and he's continuing to prolifically "make a splash" there in the screenshot forum. Had you in mind though, but I'd not given you any advance notice. If you're in Amsterdam or the vicinity then next trip I'll drop in and hang out with you a while (if you can stand me for a few weeks, ha!). About the time you place the rough toilet paper with the wood splinters embedded in it then I'll know the novelty of my presence has worn thin and it's time to fly back home. And speaking of cycling, one of my nicknames before I joined the USAF was "Spokes". One day over 320 km was cycled in 19 hours back in 1972, still a county record from what I understand. Have been over 160 km in one day more times than can be remembered, the last time in 2001.

Another day or three and my 2nd sky set of textures should be ready for release. Different Sunrise and Sunset, and daytime like after a long, steady rain front days long has finished moving through, leaving behind a bright and colorful sky full of smiles. A preview, flying near Hanoi:

​.

So.. I'm STILL running my flgihtsim on a Toshiba Qosmio.. and it does okay, it IS a 'gaming' laptop... but it IS eight years old now.. (yes my kids get on my case about not getting a new.. better one.. as my son likes to point out, "Dad... if you figure out how old your laptop is in DAYS... and what you paid for it back then.. it's cost you EIGHTEEN CENTS A DAY to this point in time")

I have to keep my scenery rather basic to keep my frame rates up, but would like to give these new sky textures a go when they are done.. I don't know WHAT effect they will have on my rates.. but only ONE way to find out!!

ps... STILL having fun 'tweaking the tigercat.. and as I like to tell my wife.. repainting FS airplanes is an inexpensive hobby.. and doesn't take up much space!!
    Cheers
    Dave

oh.. a screenshot.. since this IS the screenshot thread.. (this was BEFORE I dressed my pilot in a brown jacket, tan cap, new shoulder patch and white silk scarf.. he picked them up after landing.. lol.. ) I have gotten the wing leading edges and scoops sorted out after finding a couple of photos that showed things a bit clearer!

those clouds resting on the hills sure look like a forest fire!! LOL

and the NEW scoops... much simpler looking that what I had thought.. MUCH happier with them now..

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TBM final 18 scoops done.jpg   the fire 1.jpg   the fire.jpg   filal scoops.jpg  

God-giss, am tellin' ye, simply god-giss. Have got fire fighting skins for the excellent SOH A-26b and will have yours for my CATCAT (soon as I download her, that is. Only have a baker's dozen *addon* planes in my ACOF thus far.)

Regarding the sky textures hurting the sim's performance in your classic laptop, am assuring you that they will not. The bitmaps are only about 3 kb apiece, both default ones as well as my tweaked textures. They're only 64 x 64 pixels each as they are in FSX, very small. Even FS2002 had comparatively massive sky textures @ 512 x 512 bitmaps (yes, am playing with them as well) though FS8's sky displaying system is totally different. So no worries, Dave... all 140 default sky textures in FS2004 as well as my rearranged and adjusted ones weigh in right at 425 kb or so, less than half a Mb. Fire at will pun intended. My first sky set is subdued, this next one is bright and cheery, and the 3rd? Am thinking overcast conditions. :-)

*edit*- Oooops, forgot a little screenshot...

Last edited by boxcar; October 5th, 2018 at 14:32. Reason: adding *addon*

​.

NAMC YS-11 Lufthansa City Prop

Encouraged by and impressed with favourable feedback from KLM, Lufthansa decides to make use of the YS-11. Better late than never!

Taff

Encouraged by and impressed with favourable feedback from KLM, Lufthansa decides to make use of the YS-11. Better late than never!
    ...and, once again mesmerized by the wee spinning smilie, I approve of this message. Looks like I'll be downloading another set of skins soon after they're all dried and ready, very nice.

​.

​.

The story of the Spitfire told in 14 picture by 7 developers

The predessors......

Supermarine S.6b from the Virtual Schneider Project

Supermarine type 224 Spitfire by J.R. Lucariny

The early marks

Supermarine Spitfire Prototype by Aeroplane Heaven/Justflight

Supermarine Spitfire Mk.1a by Shockwave/A2A from the WWII fighters set painted as the recently restored P9374

When war continued........

Supermarine Spitfire Mk.Vc trop by Bruno "brunosk" Escaravage

Supermarine Spitfire Mk.XIV by RealAir painted by Michel "michaelblackbird" Merle

And the final ones.........

Supermarine Spitfire Mk.XVI by Paul Rebuffat painted as an aircraft from Dutch 322 Squadron RAF, when they were part of 2ATAF

Supermarine Spitfire Mk.24FF by A.F. Scrub

Members who have read this thread: 227