FS2004 Screenshots Here!!! - Page 124
Page 124 of 155 FirstFirst ... 2474114116117118119120121122123124125126127128129130131132134 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,100 of 3868

Thread: FS2004 Screenshots Here!!!

Nice work Hartwig

Cheers,
    Huub

Mav I smile back at you!

Lovely paint Hartwig, didnt know Iris did an F14, will have to hunt that down

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    Lovely paint Hartwig, didnt know Iris did an F14, will have to hunt that down
    I knew the IRIS FSX version, but never realised there was a FS2004 version as well. After a long search I found this package at Simviation. When you search on "Iris Tomcat" it will appear in the lower half of the first page with results. The package is called :
    Iris F-14A and B Package (Category: FS2004 > Military).

There is a FS2004 version of the F-14B by Dino Cattaneo as well. Seach for the file named f14bfs9a.zip

For both models there a lots of updates and alternative liveries.

Cheers,
    Huub

The IRIS F-14 Tomcat was my first payware aircraft that I bought in late 2007.

I think it became freeware around 2010/2011 together with their F-15s and RAF Phantoms when IRIS focussed on FSX.
    There was a pro-version of the Tomcat including the F-14B models but for FSX only.
    However the repaints are more or less compatible with only some small differences regarding pilot and RIO textures and helmets as far as I remember.

The freeware IRIS models were available on their site for a few years.
    Hartwig
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Mav I smile back at you!

Hi Huub, I do really like this AK376 livery on Bruce Thorson P-40! Can it be found in the library?

daypharris

Quote Originally Posted by daypharris View Post
    Hi Huub, I do really like this AK376 livery on Bruce Thorson P-40! Can it be found in the library?

daypharris
    To be honest I really didn't know. I originally did this repaint for the early FSX A2A Tomahawk. And as I liked it I did it for Bruce Thorson's model as well. Now I realised that I never did anything with the FS2004 version.

It is one of the first Tomahwaks from 112 Squadron which carried a shark mouth. As you can see the early shark mouths looked a bit different than the later versions. It was based at Sidi Heneish, Egypt, Summer 1941. The AK367 was delivered in adapted factory scheme of Dark Green/Dark Earth and DuPont Light Grey. The Dark Green was later overpainted with Middle Stone, and the undersides in Azure Blue.

The personal marking of the pilot was most likely based on the Pontiac Indian car hood ornament.

I will try to upload it during the weekend.

Cheers,
    Huub

For those who want it.........

its now available in the library

Cheers,
    Huub

Felixstowe F2A off Calshot, UK 1918

Felixstowe F2A off Calshot, UK 1918
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot (9).png  
    Do not fear the enemy, for they can take only your life. Fear the media far more, for they will destroy your honour.

Members +
    Stunning, what scenery is that?
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Its available....

for those who want it. Just uploaded in the library.

And I challenge you to some aerobatics in the humble Magister.

Cheers,
    Huub

Cheers,
    Huub

Nice Magister paint schemes.
    Once you have a proper paint kit, the rest goes easy.
    Hartwig
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Quote Originally Posted by hawk_sh View Post
    Nice Magister paint schemes.
    Once you have a proper paint kit, the rest goes easy.
    Thanks! You know how it works. As soon you have one, number two is easy. Number 3 is even easier. With number 5 you start to get confused, and start to mix things, which shouldn't be mixed. Number 6 will create a mess and as soon as you reach number 7 you don't understand your own paint kit anymore. While working on number 8 you will have destroyed your own paintkit.

I know I have done it many times before....... Save in time and make backups, but these are always things you either do at the wrong time or realise only after its too late!

Cheers,
    Huub

Confusious, he say, after number 4, move on

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Thanks! You know how it works. As soon you have one, number two is easy. Number 3 is even easier. With number 5 you start to get confused, and start to mix things, which shouldn't be mixed. Number 6 will create a mess and as soon as you reach number 7 you don't understand your own paint kit anymore. While working on number 8 you will have destroyed your own paintkit.
    I know I have done it many times before....... Save in time and make backups, but these are always things you either do at the wrong time or realise only after its too late!
    Cheers,
    Huub
    I'm going through that process right now on my current project with David!

Haven't reached stage number eight yet but it's in sight.

WIP. Yellow is not historically correct but I haven't been able to get the silver dope paint to look good so yellow it is.

Attachment 86285
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    WIP. Yellow is not historically correct but I haven't been able to get the silver dope paint to look good so yellow it is.
    Silver dope gave me fits for many years! The pigment, as with the silver paint used in those days, was aluminum powder and it had a metallic look. It's all but impossible to make a skin look like that way in FS without having it look like bare metal, and we certainly don't want a bare metal Cub or Cub glider!

The best rendition I've seen is on Ted Cook's Saunders-Roe A17. It looks good on the model without any reflectivity, and with just the slightest hint of very light gray in the alpha channel it looks great: slightly metallic silver that doesn't look like metal. I have borrowed that color often in recent years, whenever I had to paint silver dope or paint.

The RGB values are Red = 192, Green = 189 and Blue = 192

The other values are: Hue = 212, Saturation = 6 and Light = 191

I think it's a keeper. Anyway, I've kept it and use it. I recommend it to anyone who paints old airplanes in FS. And since it's been written that well over 90% of planes in the twenties and into the thirties were painted in aluminized silver and especially aluminized dope on the fabric surfaces, to protect against fabric deterioration under the UV in sunlight, there are plenty of models of old airplanes to use it on.

One caveat: Just because it looks great in my rig, with my video card and monitor settings and especially the enviro.bmp file that I happen to be using (and can't remember where I got it or who made it), doesn't prove that it will look the same on your rig where those things might be different. But I suspect that it would look pretty goon on any rig.

Yf16 cft

Cheers m

A nice one Mav, is this an "Kirk Olsson" original is one of your products. I though Kirk O. had done this version, but I wasn't able to find it, so now I'm in doubt.

Cheers,
    Huub

Thx huub.... photoshop!!!!

RAF Bibury

Continuing west in the cotswolds; RAF Bibury; initially opened in 1940 as a training airfield RLG for South Cerney;
    became a fighter base (87 Sqn with Hurricanes and 92 Sqn with Spitfires during Battle of Britain) then reverted to a training base in 1941
    Flying ceased in 1944 and it became part of 7 MU.

Probably unique in not having a circular 'peri' track ; just 2 short sections of taxiway one near the main hangar, and one which was aircraft fuelling stand

Like the other 2 airfields I've been toying with, runways were sommerfield matting over grass.

The huts were accommodation for 'other ranks' , instructional buildings and tech sites. Officers and Sergeant pilots being accommodated in local houses and pubs..

Attachment 86318

ttfn

Pete
    Last edited by Motormouse; February 10th, 2022 at 11:55.

And more Magisters.........

Cheers,
    Huub