Vertigo Studios closing doors - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vertigo Studios closing doors

Very sorry to hear this news. Best wishes to everyone at Vertigo and I hope you are able to find a good person to take over the coding for your projects. :salute:

awww, that's too bad. I like the Hellcat, Bearcat and Hawk a lot, and was looking forward to the B-25....
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

there goes my hope for a Vertigo F3F...

ah well - I know only too well how life can intervene in positive and negative ways -

good luck to the Vertigo Association - I hope things get better for their people soon
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

I'm outta' work, but can't code...

Deano, Bruce, other Vertigo Studio folks....thanks and good luck. (I really hope you find that "coder"!)
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Bummer.....

I was kicking around picking up my first Vertigo product sometime this month; the Grumman Bearcat F8F. I see they will still sell the products; Have most of the bugs been hammered out on this one by now?

Tommy
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510

Quote Originally Posted by sparouty View Post
    If many recent FSX projects seem to be really "code centric" (using modern weapon system for instance) , I thought that warbirds modeling could be less "coding-dependant"...
    Accusim-like system is not the standard, so I thought that expected coding skill for airplanes with needles and screws was more about FSX SDK implementation (with few c++ gauges may be...) which is easier to find.
    I guess I was wrong... sadly...
    The trend is sadly going towards ever increasing complexity, or at least the demand for it.

This is really a bummer. I was so looking forward to their B-25. I've been a fan and buyer of most of their products.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    The trend is sadly going towards ever increasing complexity, or at least the demand for it.
    Agreed. not every developer has the skill or knowledge to implement all the so called features the picky consumers in this community ask for. I have a couple of aircraft from VS and what stands out to me are the graphics. I am happy with that and default FSX functionality, no need for any out of the box coding.
    Best, Michael

Quote Originally Posted by MCDesigns View Post
    Agreed. not every developer has the skill or knowledge to implement all the so called features the picky consumers in this community ask for. I have a couple of aircraft from VS and what stands out to me are the graphics. I am happy with that and default FSX functionality, no need for any out of the box coding.
    agreed - it would be nice if everyone was cool with whatever instead of being all about what this or that plane doesn't do..or have..

it seems in fact that most of that stuff is less about the subject and more about the individual making the criticism..as one who is wanting all to note that their knowledge is somehow superior to the modelers (not in every case certainly - but often enough to create a rash among developers)
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

In my younger days, I programmed commercially for 10+ years in various languages but fortunately took on larger roles in management. Although I could pick up "coding" XML or C++, why would I in the FS world. Documentation of interfaces and handshakes among all the required programs are poor if available at all, and finding anyone to mentor or provide guidance is time consuming or impossible. For FS, it's a thankless, time consuming, and exacting job that has many critics on complex systems that most don't understand or use anyhow. :-) You can't pay talented people enough to do this IMO.

Most do not want procedural simulators and even if they did, they hardly have the time to use them properly. The projects just take too long and cost too much. If we were more happy with the basics of simulation, these products could be produced much faster and we would get more of them. Given that, I feel for the former "coder" (no disrespect intended), and for Vertigo whose products have so much respect.

Long live Vertigo. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Coding for FSX eh?

A few weeks ago I spent (or you could say wasted) four hours using simconnect trying to get the eyepoint position out of FSX before I realised it was impossible. Oh what fun!

XML though can be used for most FSX processing. But you need C code if you want custom sounds or you need to save something to a file. And you need Simconnect if you want to write directly to some FSX variables which you can't with XML (eg payload and fuel)

For someone who's microwave still has four blinking 0000s where the time should be all this c-++ xml simconnect talk is like some alien language. Not Klingon maybe Romulan.

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by gradyhappyg View Post
    For someone who's microwave still has four blinking 0000s where the time should be all this c-++ xml simconnect talk is like some alien language. Not Klingon maybe Romulan.

1.) Press TIME.

2.) Enter the current time via the keypad.

3.) Press TIME again.

You're now a coder.

LOLOL !!! There you go. What's in a 'name' anyway.
    The 14-year old 'coders' of today are certainly NOT on par with the 40-year old coders (aka programmers) of 40 years ago....... when I was learning Assembler, Cobol, PL/1 and later on Pascal and C. Back then the CODERS were the better people, even though system designers were higher up the corporate ladder.

I tend to focus on what people actualle are ABLE to, indifferent of what they are called or call themselves.

And I got my microwave to show the correct time (until they bloody change to Summer time), but cannot model, code or even draw an aircraft for FSX ! SO hats off to ALL who can !
    François A. 'Navman' Dumas
    Retired - FSAddon Publishing
    Umbria, Italy

https://fssupport.com/fsblog/

someone who's microwave still has four blinking 0000s where the time should be
    Does that make you a "Twelve o'clock flasher"
    "He took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots..."

Quote Originally Posted by Francois View Post
    LOLOL !!! There you go. What's in a 'name' anyway.
    The 14-year old 'coders' of today are certainly NOT on par with the 40-year old coders (aka programmers) of 40 years ago....... when I was learning Assembler, Cobol, PL/1 and later on Pascal and C. Back then the CODERS were the better people, even though system designers were higher up the corporate ladder.

I tend to focus on what people actualle are ABLE to, indifferent of what they are called or call themselves.
    You couldnt have said it better. Back then there was none of this .NET managed nonsense and if you failed to handle a pointer properly you would get hit hard. There wasnt any room for bugs then. NB i speak from hearsay here...I was born too late to be part of that era. But having some teachers from that era has been a boon to my experience.
    -JB

You are lucky then, as my microwave won't work at all unless the time is set...

...to something. It doesn't have to be accurate, but it must be set.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

This is sad news. I had visited their site just a day before the OP posted this, to check on the B-25 status, and saw the "closing" notice. I was really looking forward to that B-25... Looks like the MAAM soldiers on as the best B-25 out there. Agree with those above who theorize that the demand for more and more "systems" is driving some out of this business, both freeware and payware. I would rather have a plane that "flies right" at the expense of "systems complexity" any day. Vertigo Studios had some of the best looking VCs out there. Their P-36 is a gem, just beautiful. Oh, and on that subject, who else, among the payware outfits, would make a P-36, or an SBD? They did, and they are first rate. Dam shame, this is.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

DAM&BLAST!

WOTS THEworld coming too:? i rite ib codeseems the flightsim world is leaving us faster than i would hopewhats left?monopoly thats exiting
    DONT CRY WHEN YOU LOSE SOMEONE
    SMILE BECAUSE YOU KNEW THAT PERSON
    IN ABOOK!

I do visit these pages often but don't tend to be as forum active as I once was.

However, personally I like flying aircraft for what they are. They can have all the bells and whistles or be jump in fly. It makes no difference to me.

On a more personal note, things are looking better for the future of vstudios as we have a couple of coders wishing to take our aircraft into game and hopefully have 2 releases this year.

I'd like to thank everyone that has sent us good wishes, it really does make a difference ;-)

Oh Deano, thank you for the encouraging news.
    Best regards,
    Jim T.
    USAF ret. ECM (Old Crow)

Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post

[...]
    On a more personal note, things are looking better for the future of vstudios as we have a couple of coders wishing to take our aircraft into game and hopefully have 2 releases this year.

I'd like to thank everyone that has sent us good wishes, it really does make a difference ;-)
    That's sort of a relief to read this, Deano. I wish you the best and dearly hope that things work out for the Vertigo venture.

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Thanks for the good news Deano. :ernae:

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

We're currently working on the B25 Mitchell and the Grumman C2a Greyhound, it shouldn't be to long before we can show off some in-game screenshots.

Thanks again for all your support, its appreciated.

I've also started something that's interested me for sometime - The Great War Project. More can be seen on our forums.

Members who have read this thread: 0