Dino's F-35 Version 2.30
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dino's F-35 Version 2.30

Dino's F-35 Version 2.30

http://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.com/20...0-limited.html

Friday, October 4, 2013

F-35 Lightning II Version 2.30 (Limited Introduction)

Here is the much awaited F-35 update for FSX:Acceleration which also supports the Tacpack (version 1.4.0.8 or later required).
    For the moment, it will only be available on this blog - in order to check it works correctly. Most likely there will be bandwith issues with Google Drive... anyway, as soon as it is confirmed that it works as it should, it will be uploaded at the usual repositories too.

REVISION HISTORY
    Version 2.30
    October 4th 2013
    Added basic Tacpack Support (requires Vertical Reality Simulation's Tacpack module)
    Added Tacpack compatible weapons (Cannon, AIM-9X, AIM-120C, GBU-31, GBU-10, GBU-12, JSOW, MK-84, Mk-83, MK82)
    Added Tacpack A/A functions: Az/El search and L&S designation, Gun (Gun Director and Funnel modes), Sidewinders launch (Visual Boresight and Radar Slaved), Slammer launch (Visual Boresight and Radar Slaved).
    Added Tacpack A/G functions: TOO mode, AUTO release, MANual release, CCIP mode.
    Added Miscellaneous Tacpack functions: NVGs, Working RWR, Chaffs, Flares, In-flight Refuel.
    Added Weapons Configurator
    Added miscellaneous custom keystrokes
    Added sonic-boom effects
    Added anti-skid for wheels
    Minor tweaks to very low speeds
    Minor tweaks to roll rate
    Added AF-01 and BF-01 textures
    Minor improvements to -B and -C versions texture sets
    Added Warlords tail art
    Fixed weapon loads token weights mistakes
    Added test flight nose probe (triggered by pilot weight – set it to 201 lbs and it will show)
    Improved afterburner effects
    Added heat shimmer effects

NOTE: FROM THIS RELEASE (2.30) A LIMITED INTEGRATION WITH VERTICAL REALITY SIMULATION IS PROVIDED. VRS TACPACK VERSION 1.4.0.8 OR LATER IS REQUIRED FOR FULL FUNCTIONALITY, BUT IT IS NOT MANDATORY FOR AICRAFT OPERATION.
    Download link is omitted from the quote. Get it at Dino's blog (link above).

Thanks for the HU. As luck would have it just got the Tac Pac a month and a half ago.
    Can't wait to give it a go.

Please note that, afaik, Tacpack 1.4.0.8 has been withdrawn from download as it had a bug that could crash FSX... 1.4.0.9 should be available soon - it is required to update the Tacpack to use the F-35!

Have fun with the new F-35!

Blog Entries
    Many thanks, yet again Dino.

Ian.

Excellent news !
    I'm very impressed by the amount of functionnalities that you could integrate into this bird.
    Heck, in real life I hate the F-35. But in the sim, you managed to make me love it
    Can't wait to try the TacPac feature. I'll have to update my TacPac first, I guess... I haven't updated it in a while...

The Tac Pac update is available now at the VRS website.
    http://forums.vrsimulations.com/foru...p?f=50&t=10283

Yes this is going to be fun.
    Many thanks DINO.

I went to the VRS web site and it looks like you have to buy the Superbug in order to buy the Tac Pak, because you need a Superbug license ID to order the Tac Pak. Is that true?

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by whitney17 View Post
    I went to the VRS web site and it looks like you have to buy the Superbug in order to buy the Tac Pak, because you need a Superbug license ID to order the Tac Pak. Is that true?

Joe
    That's correct Joe!

Cheers,
    Hank

Bravo Dino!!!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Joe
    "New customers: are gladly welcome to purchase the TacPack, however the TacPack requires the SuperbugX, so both products must either be purchased simultaneously, or the SuperbugX must be purcahsed first."

So TacPack it isnt standalone addon.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I finally made my first test flight with that new F-35, after updating my VRS TacPac and SuperBug to the latest versions.
    The load manager is really nice, seeing the F-35 with all the weapons is quite a lot of fun.
    During my flight howerver I had a few dissappointments, some of them being linked to my bad memory.... for example, I forgot the F-35 had no anti-ice systems switches in the cockpit, so after a while I had to fly without any info on my airspeed...
    Also, I recognized that there was no laser designation screen and that the weapons cannot be released, target cannot be acquired etc...

Still, for a freeware, this addon is simply fantastic and I kept enjoying my flight Also trying to guess why I could not access to VTOL mode anymore... until I jettisoned my stores, to make my plane light enough, of course !

Hi Dino,

I read in the manual FAQ's that "the F-35B vertical fight module is not compatible" with Accusim. Can we just turn off Accusim in its control panel in FSX or do we have to uninstall Accusim for the F-35B to work properly?

Thanks,

Joe

Hi Dino,

I read in the manual FAQ's that "the F-35B vertical fight module is not compatible" with Accusim. Can we just turn off Accusim in its control panel in FSX or do we have to uninstall Accusim for the F-35B to work properly?

Thanks,

Joe
    AccuFeel, not Accu-Sim. You don't have to uninstall anything. You can disable AccuFeel for this particular aircraft from top menu - Addons -> AccuFeel Setup -> Aircraft On/Off.

Quote Originally Posted by empeck View Post
    AccuFeel, not Accu-Sim. You don't have to uninstall anything. You can disable AccuFeel for this particular aircraft from top menu - Addons -> AccuFeel Setup -> Aircraft On/Off.
    Your right it is Accu-Feel. I was quoting from the manual I printed when I purchased the F-35 from simMarket.com. It appears Dino corrected this in the current manual. I know you can and how to turn Accu-Feel on and off. I've also had experience with different modules in games interfering with each other whether active or not. I recently had to reinstall FSX and did not reinstall the F-35 because I was waiting for this update, so I can't test your advise.

Have you actually flown the F-35B in FSX with Accu-Feel off with no problems?

Thanks,

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    I finally made my first test flight with that new F-35, after updating my VRS TacPac and SuperBug to the latest versions.
    The load manager is really nice, seeing the F-35 with all the weapons is quite a lot of fun.
    During my flight howerver I had a few dissappointments, some of them being linked to my bad memory.... for example, I forgot the F-35 had no anti-ice systems switches in the cockpit, so after a while I had to fly without any info on my airspeed...
    Also, I recognized that there was no laser designation screen and that the weapons cannot be released, target cannot be acquired etc...

Still, for a freeware, this addon is simply fantastic and I kept enjoying my flight Also trying to guess why I could not access to VTOL mode anymore... until I jettisoned my stores, to make my plane light enough, of course !
    To turn on the anti ice bring up the engine touch screen panel and click on the a-ice circled in red when it's on it will turn from blue to white and have a square around it. Also to use the weapons and other features use the super bug keyboard reference keys.
    Attachment 93987

Just to be clear, will I only see the weapons and load configurator if I have the TacPac?

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Thanks for the info on the anti-ice !
    For the weapons, I have recently lost my key assignements in the sim, so I'll have to re-read all the documentation.

All,

please have a look at the manual... most of your answers will be there.
    Also, note that when you upgrade the Tacpack, Tacpack trigger assignments are deleted (this may be the reason why you are not able to release the weapons).

As for the Tacpack functionalities you may want to have a look at this BASIC tutorial I made...

@Montie

Well, the weapon configurator will not work without the Tacpack - but you can manually change the loadout (in the Fuel and Payload menu) and have the weapons to appear. Anyway, although the focus of the update is on the Tacpack, there are a number of other (minor) tweaks that affect everyone.

@Daube

Weapons should work as per the video above. Laser is automatically shined onto a designated target when a laser guided bomb is selected (but no image will be shown in the MFD for technical reasons)...

Quote Originally Posted by Montie View Post
    Just to be clear, will I only see the weapons and load configurator if I have the TacPac?
    Yep:

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

@YoYo and @Montie

...correct with one exception: you can still add weapons "manually" by loading weight to the proper station, as per the manual.

In the FSX menus, select: Aircraft -> Fuel and Payload -> Modify Payload to list the stations. For convenience, I am pasting the weights here:

// INTERNAL STORES:
    // AIM 120 Slammer: 348 lbs
    // GBU 31: 2125 lbs (STATION 4 or 8) ONLY A and C versions!
    // GBU 10: 2114 lbs (STATION 4 or 8) ONLY A and C versions!
    // GBU 12: 610 lbs (STATION 4 or 8)
    // MK84: 2039lbs (STATION 4 or 8) ONLY A and C versions!
    // MK83: 986lbs (STATION 4 or 8)
    // MK82: 558lbs (STATION 4 or 8)
    // EXTERNAL STORES:
    // Sidewinder pylon:194 lbs
    // Aim9X Sidewinder:188 lbs
    // Sidewinder+pylon:382 lbs (STATION 1 OR 11)
    // Main external pylons: 350 lbs (STATION 2,3,9,10)
    // GBU 31 (2125 lbs) + pylon weight (350 lbs) = 2475 lbs
    // GBU 12 (610 lbs) + pylon weight (350 lbs) = 960 lbs
    // GBU 10 (2114 lbs) + pylon weight (350 lbs) = 2464 lbs
    // JSOW (1041 lbs) + pylon weight (350 lbs) = 1391 lbs
    // MK84 BOMB (2039 lbs) + pylon weight (350 lbs) = 2389 lbs
    // MK83 BOMB (986 lbs) + pylon weight (350) = 1336 lbs
    // MK82 BOMB (558 lbs) + pylon weight (350) = 908 lbs
    // FUEL TANK (381 lbs) + pylon weight (350) = 731 lbs (ONLY STA3 and STA9)
    // Gun pod (only STA 5) 550lbs

Also, setting pilot weight to 201 will make the test flight nose probe appear...

Good stuff Dino, thanks especially for posting the weights above. That should be a great help.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Icon5

...actually it is all in the manual - but I know nobody reads it!!!:mixedsmi:
    I wonder why I spend time writing it down!

I've downloaded all your aircraft Dino:ernae: At last I have a pc that will run jets without the ground scenery going blurry!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Thanks Dino:salute:

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Members who have read this thread: 67