Reinstalling SDK

Thread: Reinstalling SDK

Banned
    Blog Entries

Reinstalling SDK

OK, I have reinstalled my FSX and most of my addons that I have and I did have SDK installed before.
    My FSX in one Drive E and the SDK files went to default install location i.e. C: drive.

This path is correct to the location of all my SDK files.

The TOOLS menu does not display on the FSX toolbar even though the the dll.xml file reads as below:

My dll.xml reads:

<!--?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?--><!--?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?-->

<simbase.document type="Launch" version="1,0">
    </simbase.document>Attachment 93928
    I had previously backed this one up on another drive and put it in the C;|users\appdate\roaming\fsx folder.

Would I have to reinstall it (I can see all the SDK files on my C drive. Or is this a registry issue that only reinstalling would solve?

Just wondering, do you have the correct SDK installed for you version of FSX?

Thought I'd ask, as I have SP2 installed, but for some reason, I installed the Acceleration SDK, and had the same problem with the Traffic Toolbox not working. (Even though the entries in my DLL.xml where correct)

After a bit head scratching and searching on the web, it would seem you have to have the correct SDK for the version of FSX you have installed for it to work.

(I have FSX on my D drive , and the SDK on my C drive btw).

Cheers

Paul

Hi FSX68,

It's a bit tricky to be certain from the attachment, so forgive me if I'm wrong...

There seems to be a space after your object_placement.dll entry.

Also, your Special Effects entry should read ...Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll

Regards, Dave.

p.s. Just spotted your Object Placement path is missing the \ after "C:\Program Files (x86)\

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Did you install the Service Packs for the SDK? The first SP installs into the original SDK but the second SP uninstalls the original SDK and installs the completely updated SDK.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    Did you install the Service Packs for the SDK? The first SP installs into the original SDK but the second SP uninstalls the original SDK and installs the completely updated SDK.
    I did all that from the many times that I had to reinstall FSX. Thanks anyway.

Watching this as I have never got the SDK to work - or understand some very convoluted instructions on various boards how to sort it out - and am about to do a fresh install on a new build rig!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Watching this as I have never got the SDK to work - or understand some very convoluted instructions on various boards how to sort it out - and am about to do a fresh install on a new build rig!
    There are comprehensive instructions on doing this at FSDeveloper's Wiki.

Links to the troubleshooting guide are on the same page.

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/inde...tion_%28FSX%29
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post
    There are comprehensive instructions on doing this at FSDeveloper's Wiki.

Links to the troubleshooting guide are on the same page.

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/inde...tion_%28FSX%29
    I clicked on that link using Firefox V18 and it just hangs. It also hangs when I use internet explorer.
    I don't have an account with them so I would think one could at least open links like you have provided.
    I am trying to get in touch with one of their Admin staff and find out why my browser hangs on
    their links. :isadizzy:

Quote Originally Posted by FSX68 View Post
    I clicked on that link using Firefox V18 and it just hangs. It also hangs when I use internet explorer.
    Odd. I can read that link using either IE9 or Firefox 22 without logging in to the site. :isadizzy:
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

xml is usually extremely case sensitive.

object_placement.dll may not be working because the actual file name is (on my system) Object_Placement.dll.

Check that your file names and correct the capitalization as necessary.

It also looks like you have a space after the .dll in the Object Placement entry. Remove the space.
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post
    Odd. I can read that link using either IE9 or Firefox 22 without logging in to the site. :isadizzy:
    I am using an addon proxie for Firefox that allows me to go to the sight.

I also have got in touch with one of the kahunas from FSDeveloper and I stated my issues and we will see if it gets sorted.

Members who have read this thread: 0