FTX Global freeware airports pack 2 out!

Thread: FTX Global freeware airports pack 2 out!

FTX Global freeware airports pack 2 out!

Second of the freeware ORBX airports is released couple of days ago. Remember to update libraries also! Scroll down the forum portal to find the download link:
    http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/portal/

Pack contains following airports:
    KBIH, Eastern Sierra Regional Airport, Bishop, CA

KMCD, Mackinac Island Airport, Mackinac Island, MI

KMTN, Martin State, Baltimore, MD

KSEZ, Sedona Airport, Sedona, AZ

KTEX, Telluride Regional Airport

T94, Twin-Oaks Airport, San Antonio, TX

W48, Essex Skypark Airport, Baltimore, MD

Also contains an update to KVNY which was released in Pack 1

Charter Member 2016
    It is indeed important to update your libraries - these new sceneries make use of a new library of "ORBX_Small_Hangars" that appear to have been specifically developed for use in projects like this.
    "Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." - 2 Nephi 31:20

Mormon.org

Banned
    Blog Entries

Deleting this pack

I installed this pack 2 and tried out a few of the airports - look nice - I don't have any other ORBX PNW or any other sceneries from them installed. This program installed all the files to the directory
    you see in the attached and I did not have to activate any of them (as far as I know) - I don't see any uninstaller file for this pack2 (was one made for it?)

I deleted the Orbx folder and scenery files it added and went to some of these airport via stock FSX sceneries and the buildings and scenery look to be almost the same.

So if I just delete the Orbx folder with those (enhanced) sceneries, will they go away? Just want to make sure if I opt to delete this pack that is was done properly.

Attachment 93946

The OrbX install will add the airports to the Scenery.cfg file so you may have to go into the Scenery config dialog and remove the entry to the OrbX airports directory.

Dave

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sieggie View Post
    The OrbX install will add the airports to the Scenery.cfg file so you may have to go into the Scenery config dialog and remove the entry to the OrbX airports directory.

Dave
    I went thru the scenery.cfg and did not see any changes made to it nor any OrbX entries - the file date is the same as when I reinstalled FSX yesterday - 8/22/2007

So I guess that file is OK.

Orbx airports with no Orbx base?

Hi all,

The airport pack is free but it was developed to be added to Orbx's FTX Global scenery base. I was interesting in what you are seeing for airport details and features since you are not adding them into FTX Global.

I've got FTX Global and with it I am enjoying more accurate landforms and terrific looking night lighting and cities all over the globe. With FTX Global even unimproved airports look much better than stock FSX and those in that airport package are nicely enhanced with well modelled buildings, runways, AI craft and lighting.

good flights, Cal

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ramjet View Post
    Hi all,

The airport pack is free but it was developed to be added to Orbx's FTX Global scenery base. I was interesting in what you are seeing for airport details and features since you are not adding them into FTX Global.

I've got FTX Global and with it I am enjoying more accurate landforms and terrific looking night lighting and cities all over the globe. With FTX Global even unimproved airports look much better than stock FSX and those in that airport package are nicely enhanced with well modelled buildings, runways, AI craft and lighting.

good flights, Cal

So if I don't have any other Orbx scenery base installed, then the free scenery files can be deleted from where the installer placed them in my FSX folder and the stock FSX airports
    that Orbx made would overide or is it that the I was not seeing any difference in the airports covered?

I have other OrbX areas but not Global and when I installed the new airports, it created the same directory you have shown in amonst the rest of the OrbX directories. It also put the new scenery into the scenery.cfg. Maybe that is done in the background by the Central program installed as part of the PNW, PFJ and NRM areas. Also I believe that you would require the Orbx libs for things to show up correctly. The fact that you say nothing was added to the scenery.cfg and that you don't have the OrbX libs installed means that you could not be seeing the new airports. This is most likely why the looked the same as the default airports.

Dave

Installed airports then installed library and find some very nice enhancements like people walking around. Definitely shows the Orbx influence.
    Best regards,
    Jim T.
    USAF ret. ECM (Old Crow)

Members who have read this thread: 0