Extremely OT but I don't know where to turn...

Thread: Extremely OT but I don't know where to turn...

Extremely OT but I don't know where to turn...

Well, I have this roller coaster design sim/game called No Limits (some of the Big Boys use it) and well, I made a video kto put on youtube of it. For the backround music I used Through the Fire and the Flames by Dragon Force, I bought the Music on I-tunes and even included the name and artist in the credits of my video, but still, youtube deleted the audio due to "copyright" issues:angryfir:, I want to contact them via e-mail but I can't find the right E-mail thingie. Any help would be appreciated. Sorry for being so OT, but I don't know where else to turn to for help.

harleyman
    This is all I could fine too....

You can contact YouTube at the address below.
    YouTube, LLC
    901 Cherry Ave.
    San Bruno, CA 94066
    USA
    Phone: +1 650-253-0000
    Fax: +1 650-253-0001

http://uk.youtube.com/t/contact_us

But to be honest, your ipod purchase is a license to play the song on your ipod and whatever
    else connects to it these days. You certainly did not purchase a license to redistribute it. And
    that is what you are doing when you upload it as the sound track for a video.
    :ernae:

Frank is right

If you want to use Music in videos on the web (don't trust Fair Use will protect you) you need to write it yourself or find old music that is in the Public Domain.

You can search for music in the Public Domain @ http://www.archive.org/index.php They have a large selection but most of it is REAL old.
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Man this sucks, I PM'd Mike Mozart (one of the youtube guys) and he said he will try and find a way around this, seeing as how it is in the credits and all, but... I don't know... Youtube has gone WWWAAAAAYYY overboard with this stuff. seriously, practically every vid with music in it that is uploaded from now on... will be muted, WTF

Quote Originally Posted by idancesafetydance View Post
    Youtube has gone WWWAAAAAYYY overboard with this stuff. seriously, practically every vid with music in it that is uploaded from now on... will be muted, WTF
    You tube has done nothing other than to uphold copyright laws. If I bought a piece of software and redistributed it via the internet, the original creator of that work would be rather peeved - and quite rightly so. You are doing exactly the same thing by sharing that audio. Use a royalty-free track and you will have no problems.

mmm, I can't agree with Grumpos, although he makes a good point. It's not as though safetydance was trying to make money from the piece. I'll bet he didnt use the whole track either, so again, it wouldn't lend itself to music pirates. If I was the artist and my music was used in a non-commercial application with appropriate credit I'd think it a compliment. But i suppose others might not. To my mind Youtube is being overzealous in protecting itself from those that err on the litegious side, but I guess thats the way of the world in the sue happy USA. Bear in mind Cessna stopped making aircraft for 20 odd years for the same reason.

LPXO

Throught the fire and the flames is a 8 minute song O.o My video is only 4 minutes and 37 seconds long, I cut it off Right at the guitar solo in the middle. So I guess both Grumpy and LPXO have a point, It's not that I don't fully agree w/ you grumpy, but I am on LPXO's side on this. I worked my @$$ off making this vid, getting all the timings in, spell checking, watching movie maker freeze up, doing it ALL over, then publishing it, and for what, complete and boring silence? (did I spell silence right?)

-Safety-

Wow, I just found something out that kinda shows me they are overboard with this (imho) Daft Punk, a world famous Electronic music band that's been around since the early 80's has a Youtube profile. Guess what. One of their videos (an animated music video) for their song "Around the World" has even been muted. Sad really. I found Youtube's official channel too. sent them and e-mail (angry but not to angry, kinda stern actually becuase i don't want my accout deleted lol) after finding that ALOT!!, of videos uploaded since Christmas have been muted and the number keeps rising as old videos ( 2000-2008) are being muted. If they never had any lawsuit issues before, then why are they getting so bitchy about this now? I had to get that out, sorry.:focus:

They've probably got the RIAA lawyers threatening them.

I just want them to relax, whoever it is, I watched 30 videos today, 23 were muted.

What gets me is you can type in any artist you like and can see one of there videos. Bet that isnt an official upload by the artist either.

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by WAD3 View Post
    What gets me is you can type in any artist you like and can see one of there videos. Bet that isnt an official upload by the artist either.

Andrew
    LOL you should see all the video complaints about this, there are 100's!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    They've probably got the RIAA lawyers threatening them.
    That is exactly where it is coming from.

and it is not that they are going to sue Youtube they want to sue the members also.

Your hard work could cost you a bundle even if you are found not guilty.

For me I would start working on finding Music in the Public Domain that you can use.
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

It is for this very reason that when I host a video, I host it on Photobucket.com.....they have a pretty large library of music that THEY own, that was written and produced for THEIR use and the use of the site members. And the quality of the uploaded video is better to boot.

OBIO

I've just fgone and screwed it all. forget it.