IRIS A-10 pilot - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IRIS A-10 pilot

Quote Originally Posted by ViperPilot2 View Post
    Teeny weeny hijack...

Hear the story about the test of a B-1 Lancer dropping bombs on moving ships, as a possible deterrent against pirates? I think the 'Hog would be a much better solution than the Lancer; more firepower that's better directed, can take hits from small arms, and can stray far from the Warthog Pen if need be.

Just a thought...

Attachment 93766
    Insufficient range to have them routinely going out over the open ocean. The B-1B has the legs and engine redundancy to handle it better. You need some degree of loiter to make it work. BTW: RPA's are an even better choice for such a mission.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhawk_310R View Post
    Insufficient range to have them routinely going out over the open ocean. The B-1B has the legs and engine redundancy to handle it better. You need some degree of loiter to make it work. BTW: RPA's are an even better choice for such a mission.

Ken
    Plus you would have to give it a week to waddle out to the ship.

New version named Warthog Driver II is on the server/webshop.

Free for old customers. For the rest 40$ for P3D, FSX, TacPack (gold).

http://www.irissimulations.com.au/fs...thog-driver-ii
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I lost track of the various releases...
    I had the A-10 Platinum series for FSX, I bought it in 2012. Do I get this free update as well ?

How does this update work for purchasers that used the FSPilotShop? As we know (and a reason I no longer use them), FSPilotShop charges money to redownload purchases and product updates. I do have my original invoice from my purchase (in 2011), so I'm wondering what my options are.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanTK View Post
    How does this update work for purchasers that used the FSPilotShop? As we know (and a reason I no longer use them), FSPilotShop charges money to redownload purchases and product updates. I do have my original invoice from my purchase (in 2011), so I'm wondering what my options are.
    From what I understand they have replaced the previous files with the new A-10, so you either pay the $5 to get a new download or not...

I bought mine at the old Iris shop, and I just sent them an e.mail with my old order information; hopefully I can still get the new version.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Guess I'm screwed because I bought directly from IRIS also but don't have my info.........

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    I lost track of the various releases...
    I had the A-10 Platinum series for FSX, I bought it in 2012. Do I get this free update as well ?
    You should be able to dl the new version from whoever you bought it from. You will need to remove the previous releases and reinstall from scratch with the new version.

Dave

They can find your old info if you have the name and email address you purchased under.
    -JB

I stand corrected....I bought from the Flightsim Store.......when will they have the updated version?

I had an email from FlightSimStore this morning about this, so I assume they've got it ready?I got the A10 from them as well, but I'll have to wait until I get home to check if the download link in my account has been updated.

Blog Entries
    Skyhawk.
    Is their a popup screen that would allow you to remove them.....?

I had bought it from IRIS.
    I logged on to the IRIS shop. I had forgotten my password but I could generate it again via the "forgot my password" link, using my email adress I used for ordering.
    Then, in "My Account", I could find my previous purchase (made in May 2012) and all the download links were there as well.
    I redownloaded the archive for the A-10. It's named iris_airforce_warthog_fsx.exe and it's approx 173 MB.
    When I launched it, I got this popup, so I guess it's the correct version
    Thanks a lot to IRIS for this free update.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IRIS A10.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	4981

Ok....Flightsim Store has the updated version also. Just downloaded and played with it. sadly....it looks like the textures have some issues though. I have found numerous black sections on the nose and wings as seen below.

Name:	black spots2.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	267.8 KB 
ID:	4982

Name:	black spots1.jpg 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	4983

Also...if IRIS is watching....the ANQ-28 is only hung on station 9, not the centerline, triple Mavericks are no longer carried either, just the single Maverick rail is now carried. This is a nice improvement over the last version, just think some tweaking of the weapons loadout and fixing of textures needs to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    Ok....Flightsim Store has the updated version also. Just downloaded and played with it. sadly....it looks like the textures have some issues though. I have found numerous black sections on the nose and wings as seen below.

Name:	black spots2.jpg 
Size:	267.8 KB 
ID:	4982

Name:	black spots1.jpg 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	4983

Is anyone else having this issue?

Is anyone else having this issue?
    Not only those, but I can't pan the exterior or interior views with the keyboard. Ailerons non functional. So this new "update" broke my previous working just fine version. Oh well.

actually...your other ones should still be ok.....this is under a new file system.

triple Mavericks are no longer carried either, just the single Maverick rail is now carried.
    Given that the IRIS A-10 is an A-10A is the aircraft current still or are they all A-10C's now? What was the situation when the A-10A's were flying?

All A-10Cs now.

The DM paint is still incorrect too. They don't carry a shark mouth.

Sooo, what does this II package offer?
    I pass gas!

Well it offers a weapons loading panel with various weapons. Some of which are not commonly carried but, they did upgrade the ECM pod. They added a flir pod but on the wrong station. Also used F-16 style triple ejector racks instead of the common TER. All this would make for a much better plane if there weren't texturing issues. I'm hoping they will address these issues. The most obvious are the lartge black area on the port wing, a large black block on the starboard fuse just below the canopy, some smaller black squares on the port side, and I'm not sure but when looking at the cockpit from the external it almost looks like there are not textures for the cockpit sills an canopy insides.

Patiently hoping for a response from them via my contact on their site.

I had purchased the IRIS A-10 in 2011 from fspilotshop.com.
    And in fspilotshop the file have not updated yet , also I have to pay for a new download link!!!

The only thing I've bought from FSpilotshop was CLS Piper Arrow for 0€ years ago. The shop had then a different name FlightSim Shop (and different policy?). Perhaps they'll charge now for a new download link of that free plane too? I don't need any services of that shop. All I need I can get elseware.

I bought IRIS A10 Warhog from PC Aviator in 2012. Didn't find any announcement of the update there yet.

Pekka

and made compatible with VRS TacPac.
    Anneke