I might be late.........

Thread: I might be late.........

Chapel Hill, NC and the Texas Hill Country

I might be late.........

.....but I just downloaded a sweet little Ercoupe package over at the flightsim Pilot's shop. Haven't seen any mention of it here....
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
    .....but I just downloaded a sweet little Ercoupe package over at the flightsim Pilot's shop. Haven't seen any mention of it here....
    it has been out for a while - it is a beautiful model with nice textures, nice little animations and so on - and seems to fly quite well WRT to its type..the retractable gear version is an excellent cruiser

I haven't seen too many repaints offered for some reason, maybe I'm looking in the wrong places but typically that means the painters don't care for it for their own reasons

but this is definitely one of the best, especially as it is freeware, for FSX
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    it has been out for a while - it is a beautiful model with nice textures, nice little animations and so on - and seems to fly quite well WRT to its type..the retractable gear version is an excellent cruiser

I haven't seen too many repaints offered for some reason, maybe I'm looking in the wrong places but typically that means the painters don't care for it for their own reasons

but this is definitely one of the best, especially as it is freeware, for FSX

Thanks Heywoood...........it's a frequent occurrence with me.........late and a dollar short.

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

I think he's talking about a different Ercoupe. There was a very nice free one a while back. I don't remember who did it. Flightsim.com posted a new pay ware version a couple days ago made by Flysimware. They published the PT26 a few months ago.

Glenn

Full (Craig Richardson) made a great native, freeware Ercoupe and can be downloaded from his site.

http://www.classicwings.net/
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by glennc View Post
    I think he's talking about a different Ercoupe. There was a very nice free one a while back. I don't remember who did it. Flightsim.com posted a new pay ware version a couple days ago made by Flysimware. They published the PT26 a few months ago.

Glenn
    Yep, the Flysimware job.......$21. They claim it's brand new.

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    The Flysimware version looks OK, but not better than the freeware Classic Wings version, and that one has more models too, including a somewhat strange double fuselage Ercoupe.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Craig's Ercoupe is quite good and has other options beyond various models of the classic little bird. The basic model is set on the Ercoupe 415C - which in the real world can now be classified as an LSA (Light Sport Aircraft) by the FAA and has given the type something of a revival - but you can opt to add the cutaway elevator found on later versions of the aircraft, landing gear spats or no, two choices for spark plug covers, two or three panel sliding overhead canopy, landing lights, hubcaps for the main gear wheels, or a choice between a smooth, "flat" curved windscreen, or a more bulbous one. He also did a really nice treatment of the cockpit with the original stock panel with period trim. Another nice touch was the way he showed the subtle, sawtooth pattern of the transverse wing ribs on the outer wing panels of the 'coupe that were unique to the Ercoupe.

The only thing it was lacking was a paintkit. I believe there was one when Craig originally offered the FSX Ercoupe on his old website, but none seems to be available since he opened up his new page. I tried to e-mail him the other day asking about the availability of a paint kit, but the message wouldn't go through for some reason.

I can't comment on the Flysimware model as I don't have it, and I'll more likely be picking up their Cornell before I go for another Ercoupe...

N.

Well, Dadgumit........I shoulda gone with the free-bee and spent that $21 on beer.............

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

I do not know about the Ercoupe, but I was not overly impressed with the C195. I know that I am totally spoiled by the awesome freeware that has been available, but alas, no other C195 in sight. The textures appear a little 'cartoony' on my machine. And, the 'rounded' bits on the model look more like a collection of con-joined straight lines. Just my experience, as any given model can look vastly different on any given computer. Please, post some screenies for the rest of use (read: Me).

PS. The rain water really plays havoc on the suede soles of my ballroom dance shoes.
    Dandog

Just This Guy!

Members who have read this thread: 0