HMS Illustrious (R06)

Thread: HMS Illustrious (R06)

HMS Illustrious (R06)

Following on from HMS Invincible - Lusty is almost ready...see if you can spot the subtle differences over Invincible, as although the carriers originally looked the same when constructed they were modified slightly differently during their service lives...

Attachment 93424

Testing Lusty with the Harrier has been much easier than testing Oriskany with the F-8, A-4 etc etc...easier to stop and land, than land and stop as the old adage goes

Attachment 93425

Taking off is a bit easier too.....just waiting for the FDO to give me the signal

Attachment 93426

Like Invincible this is a basic model with no animations or night lighting....but should hopefully keep the Harrier buffs amused. As well as differences in the superstructure to the Invincible model I've also added a deck crew.

Should be ready to upload this weekend.

Cheers
    G

Gary, she looks awesome!
    another fine work, shipmate.

Looking forward to her "launch"
    Cheers,
    Deke

Cant Wait!!! Why? This is my last bird :

So its a perfect news for me!
    Thanks For Your work.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Now available from the Library.
    Ark Royal up next.

:salute:
    Gary

You are very FAST Man!
    Thx a lot, will test it.

Can You do AI traffic to for this package? Maybe around Falkland / Malvinas ? :>

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Superb! We are really starting to get a rather decent collection of carriers in FSX! Keep up the great work!

I had the pleasure to come aboard Illustrious in Oslo harbor for some years ago (well it is probably close to 15 years now...). No Harriers aboard then, but got to see the Sea Kings and a Merlin if I remember right.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Ramp is approved ;-) !

Oh my god, I have to get into the sim to make some hoppings now!!!
    Looks awsome:salute:

Great work Gary! Thanks in advance for sharing

Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Can You do AI traffic to for this package? Maybe around Falkland / Malvinas ? :>
    Excellent pics YoYo!...it's inspired me to purchase the Razbam Harrier!
    can I do traffic for the Falklands? I sure can....but the layout of these boats depict how they were/are in late 2000's not the 1980's......I do have a Falklands version of Invincible in her original configuration with sea dart launcher, which I'll be releasing after Ark Royal....which ill be flying my Wilco Shar from....

Glad you're liking the models....they're not as cool as Nimitz, Clem, Foch or CDG but they do the job for me and fill the gap in the FSX RN fleet

Cheers
    Gary

Trying to resist splashing out on the RB Harrier and your not making it easy
    I know Ron has a small wing Harrier mode at an early stage, really hope he eventually develops it into a Shar.

Craig
    "Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed lest the ground shalt rise up and smite thee"

Quote Originally Posted by gp183601 View Post
    Excellent pics YoYo!...it's inspired me to purchase the Razbam Harrier!
    I sure can....but the layout of these boats depict how they were/are in late 2000's not the 1980's......
    Gary
    Of course, I know but maybe for a fictional patrol in 2013 or maybe Cyprus? :salute:

Razbam Harrier is very good complex systems & model but needs big attention and many hours of practice, after that remains is to enjoy only.

Members who have read this thread: 2