SECTIONF8 Sabre textures

Thread: SECTIONF8 Sabre textures

SECTIONF8 Sabre textures

I uploaded some days ago a F-86 package of the SECTIONF8 Sabre dedicated for CFS2. I'm just curious. How does these textures look in FS9? Because as you know we cant use the Alpha channel for bare metal reflection in CFS2. Anyone care to post a picture?

Morton

Hey Morton,

The simple answer is probably, 'the same', without re-applying a suitable alpha, nothing will change.

Jamie

BTW, looking awesome.

Let me download 'em and give 'em a shot. Bare metal can be a bit difficult to get right as not all vid cards will show it the same. I can make bare metal look pretty fair on my system, but it'll look different for the guys that I fly online with.

Nevermind.... should have remembered to look under "What's New?"

I've got to go feed the horses, but I'll get to them sometime this evening.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    Let me download 'em and give 'em a shot. Bare metal can be a bit difficult to get right as not all vid cards will show it the same. I can make bare metal look pretty fair on my system, but it'll look different for the guys that I fly online with.
    Thanks. Allthough as Jamie says, they probably will look the same , it seems to me the old type FS8 (CFS2) type texture formats often looks better in FS9.

Mort

Got one of them installed to where FS9 will pick it up in the Aircraft Menu. While I was doing that I took a look at the main bitmap with DXT/BMP and it's your usual work of art.

FS9 didn't really like the texture format (555?) as it started blurry as heck and slowly came into focus. I took a screenshot to show what it looked like after a minute or so. It actually looked a bit better in the sim as I had to reduce the screenshot in size to attach it.

Still, I can't help but wonder how they would appear in a more FS9 friendly format like 32 bit 888 and with a good alpha layer to add some shine to them. I might just give it a go here after while.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

These screenies are in FS9 with 32-bit 888 textures and custom texture based alphas.
    I'm not sure that they are even necessary, but they do give a slightly improved 3D impression.
    The base metal textures are absolutely stunning!

Attachment 93444 Attachment 93446 Attachment 93445

Regards, Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by stuartcox View Post
    These screenies are in FS9 with 32-bit 888 textures and custom texture based alphas.
    I'm not sure that they are even necessary, but they do give a slightly improved 3D impression.
    The base metal textures are absolutely stunning!

Attachment 93444 Attachment 93446 Attachment 93445

Regards, Stuart
    My God! You're right Stuart. They do look good in FS9 with that alpha added! Thank you for posting!
    Just a suggestion. if you like, I would be very pleased if you cared to upload a FS9 package with my textures reworked as you describe.

Just one thing: I notice that you probably didn't include all the texture files. There's something wrong with the underside body isn't it? Also the Warning text below the front cockpit is missing i think. (many of the texture files are changed. Even the pilot helmets)

Morton

Quote Originally Posted by Morton View Post
    My God! You're right Stuart. They do look good in FS9 with that alpha added! Thank you for posting!
    Just a suggestion. if you like, I would be very pleased if you cared to upload a FS9 package with my textures reworked as you describe.

Just one thing: I notice that you probably didn't include all the texture files. There's something wrong with the underside body isn't it? Also the Warning text below the front cockpit is missing i think. (many of the texture files are changed. Even the pilot helmets)

Morton
    You are right Morton.

I only incorparated a few texture files, so I could get an impression of the metal work.
    It's not even the right model. This is the SF8 F-86EF Hardwing Beta.
    I would be quite happy to bundle your textures and UL them to the FS9 section. No big deal.
    Don't forget though, alpha textures have a different appearance and intensity on every setup, mainly depending on the env.bmp used.

Regards, Stuart

I can't help but notice that the latest shots appear to show the model with the "6-3" wing.
    Nice.

Dave

SECTION 8 SABRE RE-PAINTS FOR FS9

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    I can't help but notice that the latest shots appear to show the model with the "6-3" wing.
    Nice.

Dave
    Stuart,
    Great that you have produced these excellent re-paints (via Morton). I like it that you to grabbed the no-slats version when you had the opportunity.

Look fwd to you UL and thanks a lot for your effort.

Mal

Great looking textures Morton. Nice work on the alpha textures Stuart. I, for one, will definitely be awaiting these textures for FS9. Thanks, guys, for this collaboration.
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

They should be in the FS9 repaint section of the library as soon as approved.
    Thanks again to Morton for these outstanding textures! :salute:

Attachment 93531

Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by stuartcox View Post
    They should be in the FS9 repaint section of the library as soon as approved.
    Thanks again to Morton for these outstanding textures! :salute:

Attachment 93531

Stuart

Looking great!! Thanks Stuart.

Mortn

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    Nice.

Dave
    Dave, look here (post #27 to be exact) for 6-3 version ----> http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...l=1#post732370

ttfn

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    Dave, look here (post #27 to be exact) for 6-3 version ----> http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...l=1#post732370

ttfn

Pete
    I've already got it, thanks.
    I was just remarking that it's good to see the model being used.

Dave

Hats off to Morton and Stuart for the superb FS9 Section F8 Sabre textures. Outstanding work, mates!

BB686:USA-flag:
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man