CERA Sim BlackHawk released. Sticky 9/21/13
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: CERA Sim BlackHawk released. Sticky 9/21/13

CERA Sim BlackHawk released. Sticky 9/21/13

For the Helo lovers out there.

http://secure.simmarket.com/cera-sik...hawk-fsx.phtml

Have fun.
    [SIGPIC].................[/SIGPIC]

Looks cool but when I see aircraft advertising as "Stereo Sound" I get nervous. It should be stereo for the interior, mono for the exterior. When will devs figure this out? I have a feeling a new Blackhawk sound set is due...
    Vance
    Sonic Solutions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'd just looked at simmarket - screens looks nice so far, then i noticed that : Required Reality-XP GNS 530 :ques:

I do not have Reality-XP GNS 530 - and i do not want to buy it to use their Blackhawk Helicopter - so if you can use it only this way, Cerasim will lose a long time customer.

According to a post on their Facebook page it can be used without the Reality-XP GNS 530, they say they will make a version that uses the generic GPS
    "He took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots..."

Quote Originally Posted by cajj1 View Post
    According to a post on their Facebook page it can be used without the Reality-XP GNS 530, they say they will make a version that uses the generic GPS
    Thanks for your info - i try to understand why they do so .......... :isadizzy: Any information at facebook about the version that use the generic GPS - seperate Download at the shops or additional, when, etc. (I did not have a facebook-account )

Kindly regards

Dirk

There is mimimal info on their Facebook page about this. Just a couple of short replies to questions.

Can it be used WITHOUT Reality - XP GNS 530?

Cera Sim: you can use without Reality-xp (is only for GPS).

Cera Sim: we will make a version with the generic gps

Both posts from about 5 hours ago.

And this about 20 minutes ago - Cera Sim: Relax... UH60 works fine without the Reality-xp GPS, and we release another version with default GPS.You can choose the installer, it easy...
    "He took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots..."

cajj1 - thanks for the infos above - seems that i will be a customer furthermore :mixedsmi:

It dose look a goodie , who is going to IRENE now <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Well, when the installers are updated to the default GPS I will get it. I really should get Reality gauges again anyway, I loved them in FS9.
    AO1 USN Retired
    USS SARATOGA CV-60/ VP-65/HAL-5/VP-0919/VFA-305/NAWS-0176/HCS-5

IYAOYAS
    Naval Aviation Ordnance
    We Are The Arms Of The Fleet

My only issue is requested to be a "free" beta tester for them, but never heard anything back after the initial contact. Buying it now, better priced than another developers model that had obvious issues (for a rivet-counter that flies this bird real world). I see a few small issues now with shapes, but nothing so far to take away from the overall regular customer's experience.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

I was hardcore into helis but except for Dodosim who were a one hit wonder, most all others were fun but quickly gathered dust due to the over simplified flight. Cera is one of the better developers but I am waiting for someone else to drop the cash before I jump in this time.
    The helis in FSX get better and better looking but the flight models are still not much better than in FS9. Dodo did it ions ago and why nobody else has since baffles me.All the cool graphics and systems mean nothing to me if the helis all handle like a decent arcade one.Actually it makes the issue stand out even more.Even some first person shooters have helis that handle as good or better than 3/4 of those in FSX.I understand the sim has limitations but it has been done before and for me to drop 40 bucks and up it needs to be done again.
    Someone do a review and concentrate on the FM.If they have a believable one and get the default gps back in it I will get it.

I just bought it on my lunch break and tried running the installer. Corrupted!
    Re-downloaded another file with the same results. I emailed Cera for an answer or new file.

-Jeff
    I pass gas!

Quote Originally Posted by ST0RM View Post
    I just bought it on my lunch break and tried running the installer. Corrupted!
    Re-downloaded another file with the same results. I emailed Cera for an answer or new file.

-Jeff

How did you get on with this problem , it's the same for me as well.

Cheers.
    [SIGPIC].................[/SIGPIC]

If you bought it thru FSPilotShop them they already stated that the installer sent is corrupted and they are replacing it.
    I bought thru simmarket and the installer is fine. There are two installers now: one for default gps and another for realityxp. You can choose what to install :salute:
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Hello,
    I've buy it the 20sept at 12h at Simmarket, no problem, two version of 152mos.
    It's not CERA, i believe, but possible it's your connection with the store failed.
    I've just installed it now, the "exe" run good, i take now the time to learn the readme...
    Good flight at all, s.
    Lancool pc-k62 - 2600k 4.2ghz - nh-u12p se2 - MSI p67a-gd80 - MSI gtx580 ocII 1536 - 2* WDvelocy 600gos 6go/s - ram 8gos 1333 - nVidia 3D vision

Is there a model with the extra fuel tanks included in this release?
    I think the Blackhawk looks naked without them.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbine1 View Post
    How did you get on with this problem , it's the same for me as well.

Cheers.
    I didn't. I'm still stuck with a corrupted installer. Since the weekend is non-duty hours for the PilotShop,(I called their hotline), I would not expect the fixed installer to be posted until Monday. And because they aren't at work, I cant even get a refund and go buy it at Simmarket.

The suck part is that PilotShop failed to even check what file they were posting for sale, before going live with it. Had they done that, it would have been obvious they had a bad file. This is poor Customer Service IMO.
    I pass gas!

Quote Originally Posted by Scandinavian View Post
    Is there a model with the extra fuel tanks included in this release?
    I think the Blackhawk looks naked without them.
    But it flys alot better without them! No ESSS on this model.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Nice livery, hows the framerates with it?
    Best, Michael

Quote Originally Posted by MCDesigns View Post
    Nice livery, hows the framerates with it?
    same as other cera models, no issue w/ my box, i7 4ghz, gtx670.

It's very nice on the frames, especially for the visual quality. Someone had mentioned flight model before. I have to give this is serious disclaimer, because I am not hugely familiar with helo's or the UH-60 (but I am very familiar with the core FSX flight mechanics). There are three possible rotorcraft flight models to for a developer to choose from; the R22, the legacy 206 flight model, and the gas turbine based model of the EH101 released with acceleration. Aside from the base engine model, all three physics models have different strengths and limitations. If it's not already clear, the requirement for Acceleration is because this UH-60 uses the EH101 based flight model.

On top of the base flight model there are some system gauges which add a layer of management. Dropping the throttle in a low hover will cause an engine to cough, and a crash will shortly follow. There are also two SAS channels and a trim function which interact with the pilot. These systems are implemented via xml rather than SimConnect/C++; which means when the flight systems interact with the pilot you'll see the sticking shaking back and forth between the hardware commanded position and the gauge commanded system (with the latter method, this happens under the hood).

With that said, the UH-60 has a unique feel to it which is characterized by a greater sense of inertia than the EH101. Inputs are a little less responsive and once in motion it seems to take a little longer to stop (not at all a bad feeling, just different). I also say unique rather than authentic because I'm not qualified to claim anything helo related is accurate. There is no distinguishable rotor torque with change in collective (unlike EH101), so the pedals feel much more like rudders than 'anti-torque'. I did load the default flight in the air over Friday Harbor; the battery/generators were off and I spun uncontrollably out of the sky (see gauge above). I can only assume these behaviors are intentional and a feature of the UH-60. Similar bad things happen if you start to turn off other functions of the auto-flight control system. You can also give forward cyclic input and tap the brake to pick the tail up and balance on the front wheels, though the brakes aren't strong enough to hold it in place. The only really questionable flight behavior I saw is that it was not terribly difficult to perform a barrel roll, I only lost about 1,200ft in the process.

Short story is that there is a presumably well crafted set of flight mechanics based on the Acceleration EH101 with systems added to make a more challenging and realistic sim. If anyone wants to call this review out as under-informed, I concede up front...and am just trying to fill in gaps for a creation which looks to have a pretty serious amount of time invested and attention to detail.

Thanks for the info. Still not much on any of the other sites and I have not seen any vids. I think there must be only a few dozen of us left who buy these helis.

Initial and unfortunately quick test flight. As I hoped with Cera, most of the systems are modeled or at least look like they are with .xml gauges. Cold start all the way up to fly, most of the systems responded as they should, still need to check out a few things and look over the FDE. Hope to review it more inflight and try to not to rivet-count much, as most of the systems the average sim customer is not going to realize if they are working or not. Although I'm pretty fond of this aircraft having spent most of my career in them, it's worth the relatively reasonable price as is for any FS helo fan.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Hello,
    Thanks Mr Kdfw for your med repaint.

Look at this, it's not too bad, who can make it please ?
    It's the 542nd med co ...
    Thank you in advance ...

I like to flight with CERA's rotorcraft, a very good and beautiful engine, no deception for me.
    Lancool pc-k62 - 2600k 4.2ghz - nh-u12p se2 - MSI p67a-gd80 - MSI gtx580 ocII 1536 - 2* WDvelocy 600gos 6go/s - ram 8gos 1333 - nVidia 3D vision

Members who have read this thread: 38