CERA Sim BlackHawk released. Sticky 9/21/13 - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CERA Sim BlackHawk released. Sticky 9/21/13

The systems immersion Cera has done is really the selling point, one can use a real world checklist for this model. I have all the other versions of the H-60, and really decided to roll the Virt model into the hangar as I continue to test the Cera. I do hope more models will show in the future (true USAF HH-60G). Worldwide proliferation continues with the new "glass" Mike version, not sure if the coding would drop the frames like the Aerosoft.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

some really great repaints available now:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Groom...ation=timeline

i'll upload the naval aviator pilot texture here.

Attachment 94109

That paint is outstanding, and I guess I should let "jeansy" know to not bother redoing the helmets, those look great for USN HGU-series.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

I'm not a Facebooker, so I couldn't see the FB link to repaints.

Since the day I installed it, I've had trouble with the UH-60L in multiplayer. It will lock up and crash the sim if you sit still for too long and the model itself is a packet-overloader.

A friend did some research and found that the effects are the culprit and as a workaround we've removed them. This was sent to Cera a few weeks ago, but they've yet to reply or post a fix.

Is anyone else seeing it in M/P? Single play is fine though.
    I pass gas!

Quote Originally Posted by ST0RM View Post
    I'm not a Facebooker, so I couldn't see the FB link to repaints.
    Just follow the link in kdfw's post. You don't need to be logged in to Facebook to see the links, the Blackhawk paint is at the bottom of the page.
    "He took a duck in the face at two hundred and fifty knots..."

Storm, I ran a couple of flights on the club server and had no trouble. Looking forward to this weekend for some flights at Fallon and RR Valley.
    AO1 USN Retired
    USS SARATOGA CV-60/ VP-65/HAL-5/VP-0919/VFA-305/NAWS-0176/HCS-5

IYAOYAS
    Naval Aviation Ordnance
    We Are The Arms Of The Fleet

Quote Originally Posted by cajj1 View Post
    Just follow the link in kdfw's post. You don't need to be logged in to Facebook to see the links, the Blackhawk paint is at the bottom of the page.
    Thanks. The whole page wasn't loading, so I wasn't seeing anything beneath the banner.

-Jeff
    I pass gas!

I don't facebook but am able to open the page and find the fallon repaint at the bottom.

pilot texture now available in the lib.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...7&linkid=17508

Let's hope this -60 gets the same repaint attention as the Virtavia model did. I'd like to see some of the 160th SOAR birds done.

-S
    I pass gas!

Quote Originally Posted by MCDesigns View Post
    Are you in the U.S.? If you change the currency to dollars it is $34.50 without VAT.

Didn't you do a bunch of detailed paints for the Nemeth AS350??

I really like this aircraft the more I fly it. Here is me playing with the paintkit for 5 minutes, LOL.

What is the name the base (scenery) in the background?
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    What is the name the base (scenery) in the background?
    It's one I am working on, more info in this thread
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...1-Military-Ops
    Best, Michael

deleted message :salute:

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    The systems immersion Cera has done is really the selling point, one can use a real world checklist for this model. I have all the other versions of the H-60, and really decided to roll the Virt model into the hangar as I continue to test the Cera. I do hope more models will show in the future (true USAF HH-60G). Worldwide proliferation continues with the new "glass" Mike version, not sure if the coding would drop the frames like the Aerosoft.
    I just picked the Cera Hawk up. My partner's in the Jay-hawk here at Gitmo are giving the addon several thumps up over the alpha hawk selection. Meanwhile us MH65 crews are still waiting a proper Dolphin addon for FSX/Prepar3D along with our Friends in the Mexican Marines who we are training atm with Brazilian help.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

uploaded another pilot texture, this time for the US Army:

Attachment 94342

Most recently after a complete reinstall of FSX and all my addons, I've noticed a problem only on the Cera sim UH-60 with parking brakes failing to release. Also noticed that the torque gauge does not reflect any changes to the collective and I also get the sound of landing gear extending/retracting when I hit my gear button. (Yes, I know the 60 doesn't have retractable gear, just noticed it when I accidentally hit my standard gear button.)

I've tried reinstalling the 60 as administrator a few times now with no change.

-Damien

uninstalled, cleared registry and reinstalled as admin. Torque gauge problem fixed. Parking brakes and landing gear retraction sound still a problem. I'm able to disengage parking brakes but it takes around 20 or so rapid strikes of the period button. I do use FSUIPC and I do have rudder pedals and brakes assigned to my toe brakes on the pedals, when I use the pedal brakes, differential brakes flashes on but parking brakes refuse to let go.

-Damien

Not running a reg version of FSUIPC, but the parking brakes have caused others a few headaches. Actually Cera did a good job as you do have to hit the tops of the pedals to release the brakes. Your FSUIPC settings might be causing issues. I have not hit the gear key yet, but that's something that should be brought up for a service pack (hope there is one).
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by CG_1976 View Post
    I just picked the Cera Hawk up. My partner's in the Jay-hawk here at Gitmo are giving the addon several thumps up over the alpha hawk selection. Meanwhile us MH65 crews are still waiting a proper Dolphin addon for FSX/Prepar3D along with our Friends in the Mexican Marines who we are training atm with Brazilian help.
    Cera announced on their website that their next release will be the Eurocopter AS-365 Dauphin.

-Damien

I've been able to recreate the torque problem. It is caused by putting the helo in a low RPM state by adjusting the Propeller settings and bringing it back up to operating speeds. When the helo comes back to operating RPMs, the torque gauge only indicates 15% but has no problem lifting off and flying safely. Propeller adjustments show a change of torque from 5-15% and will indicate a low RPM light on the dash. All other engine gauges indicate proper performance by the helicopter through all operating modes.

To recreate;

1. Load aircraft
    2. Shift-1 and click ready to fly
    3. allow aircraft to come up to full operating speeds
    4. Take off, do circuit around airport and land
    5. With the collective completely down, Adjust propeller settings all the way down to put aircraft in low RPM state and return propeller setting to full speed. Clear master warning.
    6. When Aircraft engine and RPM gauges are all green and TQ% gauge comes back up to 15%, pull up on the collective and note if there is movement on the TQ% gauge.

Please let me know if you were able to recreate the problem.

Parking brake problem appears to be fixed with a recreation of the FSUIPC config file.

-Damien

You cannot use the prop axis on this heli. There are only 3 settings: off, idle, and flight, nothing in between.

Must use the overhead power control levers *with your mouse*.

They should state this in the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by kdfw View Post
    You cannot use the prop axis on this heli. There are only 3 settings: off, idle, and flight, nothing in between.

Must use the overhead power control levers.

They should state this in the manual.
    Thanks for your help. I did a sample flight and found that the control levers were not locking full forward. Using the mouse I was able to bump it forward into position and it is back to normal. I appreciate your input.

-Damien

My friend Matt "Jeansy" has completed this very nice set of detailed BlackHawk repaints.

Cheers all , i hope you enjoy his fine work.
    [SIGPIC].................[/SIGPIC]

Typical outstanding work of his, glad he added some to this great model.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by kdfw View Post
    uploaded another pilot texture, this time for the US Army:

Attachment 94342
    For the life of me I can't find this download.

Members who have read this thread: 38