CERA Sim BlackHawk released. Sticky 9/21/13 - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CERA Sim BlackHawk released. Sticky 9/21/13

A friend of mine "Jeansy" has this WIP underway.

Love his work.
    [SIGPIC].................[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by kdfw View Post
    Could I please have an HR?

Quote Originally Posted by Carbine1 View Post
    A friend of mine "Jeansy" has this WIP underway.

Love his work.
    Awesome paint, makes me want to purchase the beast
    Vance
    Sonic Solutions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Great painters are working on this great heli ! Even if I hope that cera will make a seahawk, a paint by jeansy will do the job as long as needed (better than the real seahawk on the market, IMHO)...

That said, I've made a long flight yesterday with the add-on. Very convincing, I feared that the black hawk would be annoying, because of his stability, but the simulation is very deep, the heli is alive and you've things to do, so it's very pleasant, as the other cerasim heli's are. Very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by kdfw View Post
    same as other cera models, no issue w/ my box, i7 4ghz, gtx670.
    Thanks, I picked it up last night, VERY good on framerates, really impressed with the graphics. I only wish it had the option like the nemeth birds do for a simple start so I can get in and fly.
    Best, Michael

Hello! It has a simple start button. Just roll for the first 2D panel available. There is a button there "Ready to take off" or something (Not in front my FS system right now to see the correct words)
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Quote Originally Posted by flaviossa View Post
    Hello! It has a simple start button. Just roll for the first 2D panel available. There is a button there "Ready to take off" or something (Not in front my FS system right now to see the correct words)
    Thanks!!! it was on the animation panel which I hadn't looked at yet, outstanding! Just finished an hour flying around, pretty impressed with this release, much more than the other Cera releases which I have all of them. Things that usually annoy me like rotor animations, poor texture work, modeling and handling are well done on this release. I can see this taking over as my main ride with the MilViz Huey taking a backseat now, LOL.

Now to go check out the paintkit.
    Best, Michael

$40+ USD. I can't seem to convince my other half. When's this going on sale? Ahh phooey I can't fly them that well anyway.
    But it sure looks the part! And the feedback sounds positive!! Textures look great.

Quote Originally Posted by OleBoy View Post
    $40+ USD. I can't seem to convince my other half. When's this going on sale? Ahh phooey I can't fly them that well anyway.
    But it sure looks the part! And the feedback sounds positive!! Textures look great.
    got a nice paint kit, hint, hint, hint, LOL.

same price as their other helis, I got it for $33.50 at Simmarket
    Best, Michael

Quote Originally Posted by MCDesigns View Post
    got a nice paint kit, hint, hint, hint, LOL.

same price as their other helis, I got it for $33.50 at Simmarket
    $33.50 @ Simmarket sounds more justifiable. How'd you manage that?
    I don't recall ever seeing a comment from you concerning my paint work, Michael. Thanks.

Downloading now. The $33.50 price is more to my liking, and the overtime at work makes the decision easier.

Oh snap. I hope this works in Prepar3D.

Quote Originally Posted by OleBoy View Post
    $33.50 @ Simmarket sounds more justifiable. How'd you manage that?
    I don't recall ever seeing a comment from you concerning my paint work, Michael. Thanks.
    Are you in the U.S.? If you change the currency to dollars it is $34.50 without VAT.

Didn't you do a bunch of detailed paints for the Nemeth AS350??

I really like this aircraft the more I fly it. Here is me playing with the paintkit for 5 minutes, LOL.

Best, Michael

Quote Originally Posted by MCDesigns View Post
    Are you in the U.S.? If you change the currency to dollars it is $34.50 without VAT.

Didn't you do a bunch of detailed paints for the Nemeth AS350??

I really like this aircraft the more I fly it. Here is me playing with the paintkit for 5 minutes, LOL.

5 minutes!! It looks good. Real good!!

I did do quite a few repaints for the AS350. Great backdrop as my easel. I enjoyed painting that one.
    But this one, mainly armed forces roles. Who knows, I may paint it if I get the time. I bought it mainly for taking a break from my modeling project. I just hope I can fly it in an upright fashion with obliterating it!

I already crashed it. Time to READ the manual?

Or better yet for the time being. I turned all the realism settings down to get it in the air.

This one seems to be a lot faster in the air than the AS350. It's going to take time to get use to for sure. For the time being, my call sign is CRASH
    BTW, all the switches confuse me currently. Until I found the autostart/all systems running function:mixedsmi:

Start working with the paintkit too - i like their kits Here is a first shot to show you what i am working on ........ something from California ....

Greets Dirk

Two liveries by Jeansy available at OZx... One SAR from Whidbey (very good idea to have an heli of this particular zone, many many thanks for that !!!) and one Navy, I suppose it's a Knighthawk...

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...hidbey-sar-02/
    Attachment 93676

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...usn-hsc-7-616/
    Attachment 93677

A few issues I'm experiencing.. anyone else having the same issues?

No rotor torque on takeoff. I can literally take off without rudder input. Auto rudder is off.

Aircraft is awfully slick flying through the air.. It's a difficult aircraft to slow down and I cannot get it to hold a hover without sliding around sideways, even facing into the wind.. May be a controller issue.

-Damien

Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    A few issues I'm experiencing.. anyone else having the same issues?

No rotor torque on takeoff. I can literally take off without rudder input. Auto rudder is off.

Aircraft is awfully slick flying through the air.. It's a difficult aircraft to slow down and I cannot get it to hold a hover without sliding around sideways, even facing into the wind.. May be a controller issue.

-Damien
    uh60 is equipped with afcs/sas so the automatics allow you to take off without the usual level of antitorque pedal input. stands to reason it shouldn't be twitchy like the b206.

no problem slowing her down, ease up (lever down) on the collective, pull up the nose while keeping vs=0 and it will slow down nicely. no issue hovering, very stable.

Damien, that is modeled correctly, you should be able to pick up to a hover with your feet off the pedals. Initially you do have to plan your approaches to a hover as the aircraft does not bleed energy, even with the collective almost bottomed down to <10% TQ (ie quickstops). This one still has a slight tendency to "float" like other FS helos with the collective lowered, not terrible but could be tweaked some.

I'll try to get a full review done after I get some of my small issues fixed, but for the most part it's a must buy for FS helo fans!
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Thanks for the responses guys. Glad to see it wasn't an error then. Love the Cera line of helicopters.. I'll work on bleeding speed and hovering more.

-Damien

I have the Virtavia UH-60----how would you compare this one to the Cera`s?
    Must i have the Cera UH-60?
    Thank you.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by big-mike View Post
    I have the Virtavia UH-60----how would you compare this one to the Cera`s?
    Must i have the Cera UH-60?
    Thank you.
    Mike
    That is a good question, I would say yes if you spend much time with this model. I have the Virtavia one for FS9 and FSX and have gotten lots of use out of it. I find the Cera model to be easier on the frames first and foremost, with maybe a little more depth in systems, although I just start and fly and I like the airfile better. Graphics wise, they are both good
    Best, Michael

Thanks,Michael.
    So far,i`m happy with the Virtavia UH-60.
    My hangar is totally overcrowded,so i try only to buy airplanes and helos i would really fly often enough.I`ve stopped buying everything--it makes no sense to spend 30Euros for one or two flights.
    Mike

I hear ya and I am the same way. I know what works for me and what I need in an aircraft addon and as long as those parameters are met, then it's a go. unfortunately there are many i look at and want, but then I do my research and see if they will give me what I need. For me graphics in the VC that make the immersion possible, easy on the frames and with helis, good, realistic rotor animation are the top of my list. I have my FSX world where it needs to be and as such an aircraft addon has to give me a certain level of fluidity and be easy on the frames or it is hangered because turning down my settings because of too much detailed, poor optimization or just plain bad design is not an option. The CERA bird has been a big surprise in this aspect, especially with the detail on the model so it is a definite keeper.
    Best, Michael

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Great screenshots. This looks like some incredible detail.
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Members who have read this thread: 38