Hello, again

Thread: Hello, again

Hello, again

Hi All,
    I realize its been a long time, but after an extended hiatus I've decided to return to the "fold". When you visit with friends you should bring something along. Since I can't bring a six-pack, I've come up with something else. A while back I was looking for an Eagleston skin for the Alpha P-47. Couldn't find one. So I did the next best thing. I modified one. This is a rendition of one done by Captain Kurt with a few of Motron's bits thrown in. And, with their kind permission I'll upload it. All I did was "steel wool" some things and put on some new decals. Being careful not to rip them. Good to be back.
    Thanks,
    Bub
    "These Blockbuster Bombs don't go off unless you hit them JUST right". "Agent Provacateur".

Welcome back!

Don't think I have seen Captain Kurt or Motron around lately. This dosn't mean that they arn't around in one of the FS fourms. You could check them there or send a PM to both..
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Library Staff
    A beatiful job Bub!

While you're at it, is there any chance of re-uploading your work which was lost when the old archive was recently shut down? You may remember I uploaded a few of your Wildcat skins which I had, but unfortunately there is stll quite a bit of your good work which has gone missing.

Cheers,

Kevin

Good to see you back Bub!
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

Old Stuff

Kevin,

I have no problem reloading things that have gone missing. The problem is that I can't remember what was in there. If I had an idea what was gone I could look and see if they still exist. I lost a ton of things in various computer problems.

I'll start to look in the remaining "archives" and see what's still there. Hopefully at some point I can start to put it back together.

Thanks for your interest,

Bub
    "These Blockbuster Bombs don't go off unless you hit them JUST right". "Agent Provacateur".

Save some time.....

I believe that "Bub" stuff is posted over at Simviation starting here ; http://simviation.com/1/search?submi...bub&categoryId=

Oh I'm still around. Work is taking up a lot of my time these days, but not all of it.

Bub, welcome back. For my part, you're welcome to post your skin - looks good.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

Reply...

Quote Originally Posted by bub View Post
    Kevin,

I have no problem reloading things that have gone missing. The problem is that I can't remember what was in there. If I had an idea what was gone I could look and see if they still exist. I lost a ton of things in various computer problems.

I'll start to look in the remaining "archives" and see what's still there. Hopefully at some point I can start to put it back together.

Thanks for your interest,

Bub
    Bub,

Maybe I can help: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...id=1754&sort=d

It's good to see you around again! Welcome home...
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Hi All,

Thanks, Captain, I'll finish my last onceover and get it uploaded soon.

Fibber,

The files over at SimV are things that are newer. I'll go through them and move some things over here to make things easier.

Rami,

A good starting point. The problem is there was so much more and I'll have to go deep into my files to see if any of that "old stuff" is still there. I realize the Archives are gone. Is there a way to find out what was in there? It would make this search a lot easier.

Maybe, as I find stuff, and get it uploaded, if anyone remembers something I missed, it would be a great help.

Well, it looks as if I have my work cut out for me. Hopefully it will a "long" winter and I'll have the time necessary to finish this, or most of it.

Thanks again and in advance,

Bub

Library Staff
    Hi Bub,

Thanks very much - I hope I haven't put you to too much trouble.

All the best,

Kevin

Kevin,

No problem at all. It'll keep me off the streets. Plus, I like your avatar. Please tell me you got rid of the Lucas Electrics. We all know about the "Prince of Darkness".
    Bub

Reply...

Rami,

A good starting point. The problem is there was so much more and I'll have to go deep into my files to see if any of that "old stuff" is still there. I realize the Archives are gone. Is there a way to find out what was in there? It would make this search a lot easier.

Maybe, as I find stuff, and get it uploaded, if anyone remembers something I missed, it would be a great help.

Well, it looks as if I have my work cut out for me. Hopefully it will a "long" winter and I'll have the time necessary to finish this, or most of it.

Thanks again and in advance,

Bub
    Bub,

I'd love to, but DangerousDave26 has locked the library because of a security loophole that allows outsiders to modify the archive and add viruses and dangerous scripts. We're working on building a database for the missing files.
    "Rami"

Rami,

Thanks for the effort. Maybe at some point we'll be able to open the archives. That would be a great help not only for me, but for many others.

Thanks again,

Bub

Library Staff
    Kevin,

No problem at all. It'll keep me off the streets. Plus, I like your avatar. Please tell me you got rid of the Lucas Electrics. We all know about the "Prince of Darkness".
    Bub
    Thanks Bub,

After 40 years I recently relented and replaced the distributor points with an electronic ignition which cannot be noticed when looking under the bonnet. The car is otherwise in original condition - which means don't drive it at night in rain. The feeble headlights and windscreen wipers make it an unenjoyable experience. The secret to owning an old British sportscar is to also own a Toyota. That way you can have years of reliable motoring.

Cheers,
    Kevin

Kevin,
    Keep the old girl for as long as you can, there aren't many left. Allthough I didn't own an old British car, some of my friends did and I remember all the problems they encountered. It was the same for me except I had the two-wheeled kind. BSA's and Triumphs. Don't ride at night and never get caught in the rain. The ampmeter in the headlight housing would melt whenever the mood struck it and fuses blew out before you installed them. (it was for their own protection) As you said, the secret was to own a 750 Honda.
    I might have some revised Martlets if you're interested. When I find it, I'll PM you a passage about a "bug-eyed" Sprite, it'll make you smile.
    Run with the highbeams at night, no one will notice,
    Bub

Reply...

Quote Originally Posted by kdriver View Post
    Thanks Bub,

After 40 years I recently relented and replaced the distributor points with an electronic ignition which cannot be noticed when looking under the bonnet. The car is otherwise in original condition - which means don't drive it at night in rain. The feeble headlights and windscreen wipers make it an unenjoyable experience. The secret to owning an old British sportscar is to also own a Toyota. That way you can have years of reliable motoring.

Cheers,
    Kevin
    Kevin,

Isn't there an old joke that every doctor who owns a Jaguar has to own two...one to drive and the other one ready for when the first one breaks?

A Rolls-Royce joke...

"A businessman walked into a New York City bank and asked for the loan officer. He said he was going to Europe on business for two weeks and needed to borrow $5,000. The loan officer said the bank would need some security for such a loan.

The business man then handed over the keys to a Rolls Royce that was parked on the street in front of the bank. Everything checked out and the loan officer accepted the car as collateral for the loan. An employee then drove the Rolls into the bank's underground garage and parked it there.

Two weeks later the businessman returned, repaid the $5,000 and the interest which came to $15.41.

The loan officer said, "We do appreciate your business and this transaction has worked out very nicely, but we are a bit puzzled. While you were away we checked and found that you are a multimillionaire. What puzzles us is why you would bother to borrow $5,000?"

The business man replied: "Where else in New York City can I park my car for two weeks for fifteen bucks?" "

A GM joke...

At a recent computer expo (COMDEX), Bill Gates reportedly compared the computer industry with the auto industry and stated:

"If GM had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving twenty-five dollar cars that got 1,000 miles to the gallon."

In response to Bill's comments, General Motors issued a press release stating (by Mr. Welch himself):

"If GM had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all be driving cars with the following characteristics:

1) For no reason whatsoever your car would crash twice a day.

2) Every time they painted new lines on the road you would have to buy a new car.

3) Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason, and you would just accept this, restart and drive on.

4) Occasionally, executing a manoeuvre such as a left turn, would cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to reinstall the engine.

5) Only one person at a time could use the car, unless you bought "Car95" or "CarNT". But then you would have to buy more seats.

6) Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, reliable, five times as fast, and twice as easy to drive, but would only run on five percent of the roads.

7) The oil, water temperature and alternator warning lights would be replaced by a single "general car default" warning light.

8) New seats would force everyone to have the same size butt.

9) The airbag system would say "Are you sure?" before going off.

10) Occasionally for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle, turned the key, and grab hold of the radio antenna.

11) GM would also require all car buyers to also purchase a deluxe set of Rand McNally road maps (now a GM subsidiary), even though they neither need them nor want them. Attempting to delete this option would immediately cause the car's performance to diminish by 50% or more. Moreover, GM would become a target for investigation by the Justice Department.

12) Every time GM introduced a new model car buyers would have to learn how to drive all over again because none of the controls would operate in the same manner as the old car.

13) You'd press the "start" button to shut off the engine.
    "Rami"

Rami,

Very good! A good laugh and a smile keeps you going for another day.

Thanks for the hearty chuckle,

Bub

Rami

These were great jokes!!! They made me laugh a lot! Thanks

Duscus

Library Staff
    Bub & Andrew,

Thanks for the car/bike feedback. It's funny but all so true. Nevertheless I'll hang on to my old MG - I've had it for so long now, I couldn't part with it.

I'm sure there's a few other classic car enthusiasts/masochists out there in SOH land with stories to tell.

Kevin

Members who have read this thread: 0