RAZBAM Metroliner beta Released 10/10
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RAZBAM Metroliner beta Released 10/10

RAZBAM Metroliner beta Released 10/10

RAZBAM Metroliner Pre-Release Sale.
    RAZBAM is making a pre-release sale of the Metroliner SA227-BC Turboprop aircraft.
    The aircraft will be ready for release in 45 days but for the first time we are allowing our customers to order the aircraft now at a reduced price.
    The sales price for the Metro III is $50, but for those who order the aircraft now will have to pay $40 only. A 20% discount in the sales price.
    As indicated the aircraft will be ready for release in 45 days. For those who preorder we will have a flyable Beta version in 20 days which will
    have most of the features that the release aircraft will have. Only the most advanced gagues like the weather radar will not available until release.

If you are interested go to the RAZBAM store and click on the Metro III icon. Please be advised that at this time no download link will be available until
    the Beta version is ready. You will be able to upgrade to the full version free of charge.

The following features will be available in the Beta:
    * Pax and Cargo load manager
    * 3d Virtual cockpit with over 90% functionality.
    * 10 liveries
    * Paintkit
    * User Manual

This Pre-Release offer is available only at RAZBAM online store

http://razbamsims.com/store/

Thx for info! Screenies of VC: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...8478863&type=3

Is there any military version of this plane?

Looks like in real yes:

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

The beta Metro version is available for download now for those who prepaid for this bird
    Thank you Razbam.
    Have few good ones Folks,
    Yves

I´m sorry if I sound rude, but after seeing those screenshots, I have to ask what has happenet at Razbam? I mean their aircraft have been ok, but this is something completely new level. Among the finest absolutely. New designers or what? Among the same league with the best...

I flew it last night for just a bit. It's still very beta, but the cockpit is one of those that is so immersive that I really feel like I'm in a Metro. This is going to be one of the really good ones.

-steve

Quote Originally Posted by William Njurmi View Post
    I´m sorry if I sound rude, but after seeing those screenshots, I have to ask what has happenet at Razbam? I mean their aircraft have been ok, but this is something completely new level. Among the finest absolutely. New designers or what? Among the same league with the best...
    My guess is that they are simply keeping pace with what purchasers are now demanding. I think the days of being able to successfully market payware that has inaccurate 3D models, poor textures, poor virtual cockpit and poorly modeled or completely ignored flight systems has come to an end. Look at what is going into Manfred Jahn's C-47 and C-117D and his is freeware! Payware is going to have to match and exceed such levels in order to be successful.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Nice!

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    My guess is that they are simply keeping pace with what purchasers are now demanding. I think the days of being able to successfully market payware that has inaccurate 3D models, poor textures, poor virtual cockpit and poorly modeled or completely ignored flight systems has come to an end. Look at what is going into Manfred Jahn's C-47 and C-117D and his is freeware! Payware is going to have to match and exceed such levels in order to be successful.
    Not necessarily, it will be based on the model more. If anything we have seen that if there is only one model of a certain aircraft it will sell better despite having shortcomings based on your criteria. So in essence your wording suggests that the earlier RAZBAM models had "inaccurate 3D models, poor textures, poor virtual cockpit and poorly modeled or completely ignored flight systems" inaccurate 3D models, poor textures, poor virtual cockpit and poorly modeled or completely ignored flight systems". I do agree that based on the screenshots, it does look like this release is of a higher standard based on what I have seen from Razbam in the past. I would hate to put it out there that every developer make sure that their work does not contain "inaccurate 3D models, poor textures, poor virtual cockpit and poorly modeled or completely ignored flight systems" because that is subjective based on each user and that is a huge obstacle to overcome and seeing as developers all have different skills and knowledge levels it is an unrealistic expectation. there are quite a few payware developers that don't contain some of these expectations that I am perfectly fine with and there are things I would love to see in releases that no one else wants.

I agree that Manfred Jahn's C-47 and C-117D are exceptional freeware, but there are two different mindsets when developing payware and freeware. One is based on what the developer wants and the other on what the customer wants and again we go back to the varying skills and knowledge routine.

developers should keep striving to do the best they can and I will keep voting with my wallet like everyone else should. Personally I think the real metroliner is an ugly aircraft, but the VC looks outstanding in the images, hope it does well!
    Best, Michael

Quote Originally Posted by MCDesigns View Post
    .... but there are two different mindsets when developing payware and freeware. One is based on what the developer wants and the other on what the customer wants....
    I agree with the first part, but if the second part is true ...??

.. and again we go back to the varying skills and knowledge routine...
    I hope that you don't mean to imply that because something is "payware", skills and knowledge are better by definition.
    Because if you do, I strongly disagree...

Regards, Rob

before this thread goes down the rabbit hole - I think the fact is that there are different skill levels for creating these models and that there are categories of skill sets for each model.

it doesn't matter whether the model is freeware or payware - its the developer or team of developers that makes the difference.

each category, appearance, functionality, avionics, flight model fidelity to the prototype, instrumentation, lighting, and on and on...

for FS9 it was likely much easier for one person to do a superb job in all phases or categories...but with FSX - it seems to require more knowledge than that...with the few exceptions that everyone is familiar with.

It does make selections from the payware market more difficult for me when the freeware products can be so good (Dino's works and the MJ DAK and C117 as obvious examples) and I do think that will impact the payware developers...it kind of has to.
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

I do agree that based on the screenshots, it does look like this release is of a higher standard based on what I have seen from Razbam in the past.
    Never seen the previous two Harrier packages Michael......?

Hank

Quote Originally Posted by hae5904 View Post
    Never seen the previous two Harrier packages Michael......?

Hank
    And the Corsair ?

Apology for my previous post:

My post was not intended to offend nor to level criticism at any one particular developer, be it freeware, donationware, or commercial product. My post was meant to point out that over the long history of flight sims that we have progressed from accepting add ons that were of poor quality when compared to what is available today. As a community, we have seen what is possible within flightsims and we expect a higher level of detail than what was acceptable 10 years ago.

Given the present environment here, I shall post no further criticism of, review of, nor comment upon anything posted on this site.

Mike
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Nice to see some military repaints:

What can be said?

These releases (from all directions) are simply getting more and more immersive. I don't like to say "better" because that's such an emotive term - and provokes immediate response.
    "Better", like so many things, is in the eye of the beholder.

From what I've seen, this is an immense project from any standpoint - and the developers are to be applauded.
    The subject may not be to an individual's taste, and that's fine. The skillsets used may well be used in the future for subjects that might be.

Please applaud and encourage the efforts. You may well benefit in time.

Off soapbox.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    What can be said? Please applaud and encourage the efforts. You may well benefit in time.Dave
    every positiv words for this long awaited bird, only hope to get a very good sound pack, bcoz the default KA is:toilet:
    Yves

Simple question, how are the framerates?
    Anneke

they are nice, on my old rig
    Yves

WIP for the final release :

Cheers,
    Hank

Interesting "old school" skin :

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Nice!

YoYo,

wow, she does look nice... Please, how did you get lights working? None of the lights work...on my beta

Ok......I have a question. When I saw that this plane was "released" I fully expected the complete aircraft. I am missing textures and if I paid $40 for three paint schemes......I'm not going to be very happy. My lights are also not working. Is this a beta or the full release??

The Razbam Metroliner has not been released, at least the final version, just a beta model for people who pre-purchased the aircraft. The final version will come soon after.

By the way, this thread is not an official Razbam post or forum, so whoever titled it that it has been released it's not accurate. It should be changed to "pre-purchase Beta model released".

THX!

Jose.

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    Ok......I have a question. When I saw that this plane was "released" I fully expected the complete aircraft. I am missing textures and if I paid $40 for three paint schemes......I'm not going to be very happy. My lights are also not working. Is this a beta or the full release??
    It's very beta. I think they were clear about what they were doing in the first post on this thread, but when it got stickied the title got changed and it is confusing. I would have purchased it anyway, but was happy to get a break on the cost by buying the beta. I'm sure it'll all get fixed.

steve

Members who have read this thread: 68