B-24 Liberator - Willow Run Assembly Plant

Thread: B-24 Liberator - Willow Run Assembly Plant

B-24 Liberator - Willow Run Assembly Plant

I've never seen this historical video before. It was posted this morning at AVSIM. I had no idea just how quickly Ford could put these wonderful old birds together, nor just how many parts went into them (1,225,000)!

http://www.youtube.com/embed/iKlt6rNciTo?rel=0
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Members +
    Thanx..being a FORD FAN Yes I knew and seen this.Got a copy in my STUFF! What is most amazing was that just a few years prior,America was reeling from the great depression..Then ,WW2 came.Immediately,..The Huge unemployment problem got solved..Two ways...The Draft,and the call of for War Production..This Solved Domestic Problems..Men were scarce now,..Women, Moms Girls now working..Defense Plants at all levels!.Dads Brothers Sons Scattered world over...most Fortunately America was never Bombed...Not that that was a feared prospect then..So to Axis Saboteurs A Constant threat.U-Boats off our Coasts did great damage then ..It Was The Best Of Times And The worst Of Times.

Hey, did anyone else notice the tire marks in the grass at the end of the runway as the airplane was landing?? Its the shot out the nose as she's coming in, and it looks like several guys plopped those 24's a little early... maybe it is something else, but they look eerily like tire marks.....

what do you guys think?

-witt
    Champaign Lady Volunteer.

Members +
    WASP: Women in the WW2 US Army Air Force

Again Women Pilots were a major part of this..Their story gets lost in the Shuffle...Any Thing with Wings got ferried by them..For years a forgotten and Thankless job..Denied benefits..This until..In 1975, Colonel Bruce Arnold, son of General "Hap" Arnold, began lobbying for WASP pilots to be recognized as veterans. They were eventually successful. In 1977, with support of Senator and former ferry pilot Barry Goldwater, President Jimmy Carter signed the G. I. The Girles Now Grand Ma or Gone finally got some respect.