FSX... Multiplayer question

Thread: FSX... Multiplayer question

Question FSX... Multiplayer question

I just recently got back into the Flight Simulator version "X" and was wondering about the multiplayer thing. It's not allowing me to log onto Gamespy or anything and was wondering what the 'fix' for it was. I'm pretty certain, buds on here have found a way to get it to work but, don't know how here.

Would someone explain how to get it to work...? (in simple language) <....... Hahahaha

Thanks Guys,
    Danny

Gamespy is no more. There are several other options for connecting online for Multiplayer flights though and while I don't use them, others here do and will probably speak up momentarily, lol.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Wow... guess I've been out for a WHILE now...!!! Hahahahaha...

Thanks for replying bud...

I have the very same question ... Mike :salute:

I know that we can go LAN but, would that work if, say for instance I gave out my IP address, made a room and posted it here...? Dunno... (yes, it's been a while)

There are a number of server hosts out there you can connect to, some structured some just open play, or you can run FSHost and connect with friends that way.

for FSHost see http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/fshost/

There are server here that run FSopen software, the Miramar Flight Club is one of them, we make our home at Pops server. All you have to do is go to direct connect and enter the IP number of the server you wish to use. FEopen servers are listed on this page.....

http://www.fsopen.co.uk/info/sessions/

One thing, the voice type column lists the comms program used on a particular server, myself personally I choose a TS3 friendly server as the kiddies tend to abuse the in game comms. I have found that almost no one uses the chat window. A shameless plug for Pops' server it is user friendly and when the club is flying in force you're welcome to join as long as you have Team Speak 3 installed. There are also some member of the club that are also members of SOH so you'd be among friends.

We are also open 24 hours a day with no cover charge.
    AO1 USN Retired
    USS SARATOGA CV-60/ VP-65/HAL-5/VP-0919/VFA-305/NAWS-0176/HCS-5

IYAOYAS
    Naval Aviation Ordnance
    We Are The Arms Of The Fleet

Quote Originally Posted by Danoman812 View Post
    I know that we can go LAN but, would that work if, say for instance I gave out my IP address, made a room and posted it here...? Dunno... (yes, it's been a while)
    Yes it will. You have to have ports UDP 6112 to 6122 open in your router for others to connect.

:)

Thanks guys... I really appreciate your time and effort to let me know. See y'all in the air...!!!

Danny...

Hmmm.. two days and no one has even mentioned the SOH dedicated servers...

Up on the quick access menu above, click on "Flight Center" and go have a look.

Once there, in the forums the three stickies cover about everything you need to know to connect, configure routers, set up TeamSpeak and how to fly the hop lists (if you have nothing else to do.)

There are four servers (ports 23456-59) with Status pages at http://www.sim-outhouse.net:8181/ thru :8184/

We pay for them, why not use them?

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by srgalahad View Post

We pay for them, why not use them?
    Because the last time I used the SOH severs I used my forum name and was completely ignored for the 2hours I was on. There were at least 4 other members flying but although they were in TS not one said a thing after I came to say hello, that did not stop them from using text. I'll donate like I do every year as I feel it's money well spent but I have my own home server.

Sorry if it comes across as a rant, it's not, it's just that I'm partial to the server I spend time to admin and fly on.
    AO1 USN Retired
    USS SARATOGA CV-60/ VP-65/HAL-5/VP-0919/VFA-305/NAWS-0176/HCS-5

IYAOYAS
    Naval Aviation Ordnance
    We Are The Arms Of The Fleet

Members who have read this thread: 0