Best aircraft for sightseeing????

Thread: Best aircraft for sightseeing????

Best aircraft for sightseeing????

I guess this would include helicopters too....

Which FSX aircraft / helicopter offers the least amount of cockpit obstruction when looking forward and sideways (with a minimum of wing view interruption is so equipped). Forward Downward views would be a plus too, but I know not all aircraft have these views.

Tommy
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510

Blog Entries
    Hands down with no competition, that would be Matts Edgley Optica.. Its a shrouded fan pusher with a cockpit straight off a helicopter. otriginally designed for SAR, firefighting nd police observation it offers a combination of extreme view with the ability to cruise at a very slow speed.. you cant beat it for sight seeing, and Matt did an incredible job on making it..

Some of the ultralights have very little between the pilot and the scenery.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Classic Wings Edgley Optica
    Default Trike
    Ant's Drifter
    Piglet's Aviatika MAI-890
    Aerosoft's freeware Mitchell wing U2

To name a few!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by CWOJackson View Post
    DUH, I absolute forgot about those.....

Thanks for reminding me.

Tommy
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    Logitech M510

The Seabird Seeker's a great one, too, but whoever did the modelling didn't include a pilot or passenger for some odd reason. Kinda looks like a Republic Seabee that's afraid of water.

The Aeroprakt A22 Foxbat's a nice choice too. Really nice visibility, great short field performance, slow as January molasses on final...

N.

And I like the singing...

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    Classic Wings Edgley Optica
    Default Trike
    Ant's Drifter
    Piglet's Aviatika MAI-890
    Aerosoft's freeware Mitchell wing U2

To name a few!

Wow, Ant's Drifter also comes in a float version.....

And a demo version (floats only though)......

Tommy
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    Logitech M510

I like the Baytower RV7 or Realair Legacy, both full canopy type cockpits... short wings, superb visibility.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CWOJackson View Post

And that's the scary bit mate :isadizzy:.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

bah! its just like riding a motorcycle...in the sky....
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by beercan View Post
    You have a whole series of helicopters or planes on: http://frenchvfr.free.fr/ "Downloads" or "Téléchargements"

Attachment 93011 Attachment 93012 Attachment 93013 Attachment 93014 Attachment 93016 Attachment 93015
    I'm registered and logged in, but I can't download any files. I keep getting an authentication required log-in, but it won't log me in to download.
    Cheers,
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    bah! its just like riding a motorcycle...in the sky....
    The drifter is often referred to as a flying broomstick!

Makes a great aircraft to take photos from (no nasty windscreen ruining the view). I've even taken a few shots straight down when sitting in the back seat which you can't do on too many planes. Certainly not a plane for anyone scared of heights.

You can get the demo version of the Drifter for free from my website. No real limitations except it is only the floats version and uses the default trike sounds.

I'd love to see some try modelling the Ultraflight Lazair ultralight, either the original piston-powered version or the electric version under development. Broad wings with a tube frame cockpit attached beneath, twin engines mounted up on the wing leading edges out of the line of sight. Perfect for low and slow on an autumn day...

Attachment 93019

N.

Mitchel wing?

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

If it's a clear view you're wanting, then simply switch to the 2D cockpit and hit "W" twice.
    Works for all.

Great for taking screenies.

Dave

Not exactly `low and slow` however nothing really beats this one as a sightseeing aircraft . .

http://www.vfp62.com/IMAGES_9/SR-71.jpg
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

The Bronco X has good visibility for sightseeing.

Attachment 93023

Obie

Quote Originally Posted by DaveKDEN View Post
    I'm registered and logged in, but I can't download any files. I keep getting an authentication required log-in, but it won't log me in to download.
    Attachment 93028

Account and password requiered are red words ine the warning message bellow picture.

... ok, but best of the bests for this and free addon...

Edgley "Optica" from my propositions .

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

The Bronco is a good choice!!

You get a nice view, a good rendition of the aircraft and you can get much faster to your point of interest!!

the piglet bronco too for the cost-conscious...

I actually usually do my sightseeing in the FR supercub ultra. probably some of the other choices and ultralights have a bit better visibility, but open up the two doors, and you've got spectacular views of the scenery, and you're driving a supercub, not a kite with a lawnmower engine.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnG View Post
    I actually usually do my sightseeing in the FR supercub ultra. probably some of the other choices and ultralights have a bit better visibility, but open up the two doors, and you've got spectacular views of the scenery, and you're driving a supercub, not a kite with a lawnmower engine.
    I concur!

I find myself returning often to the Mike's ultra whenever I wish to admire scenery and be able to also land and take off virtually anywhere.

I was about to suggest Aerosoft's Bronco too. Speedy when you need to get somewhere interesting, slow when you've got there, good endurance, an all-round interesting aircraft, and of course great visibility from the cockpit. One of my best purchases from Aerosoft.