FTX Global V 1.1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FTX Global V 1.1

FTX Global V 1.1

Just seen over at the ORBX site that the first patch is being packaged up and should be available for download in the next day or two.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Quote Originally Posted by Firekitten View Post
    wozzit fix?
    It's all on the ORBX site.
    SYSTEM :
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler

I was feeling lazy... you seemed to know so much about it I figured I'd ask :P

It certainly improved Africa... the right trees make a big difference.

I was feeling lazy... you seemed to know so much about it I figured I'd ask :P

It certainly improved Africa... the right trees make a big difference.
    really? can you post an image? I really like default Africa with the Acacias. I am not a fan of FTXG, but would like to see the difference.
    Best, Michael

This is ftxG plus scenerytech landclass for africa... I find the FTXG Textures (In central africa where I'm flying at the moment (you will all know where soon) is so much nicer... more green! like its actually meant to be rather than the arrid sandpit ftx default makes it. More variation and scope too.

In this area its a combination of Marula, Mahogany and some Tamboti... rather than the Acacia which is more typical to the savanah regions... They are there though and look great. In my eyes, it captures the colours of Africa far better than anything that came before it... it makes GEX look weak.

Thanks for the images and the text. the variation in trees bumped it up a notch for me. I still feel the FTXG textures (and orbx in general) are way to dark for my tastes. I do lots of photoreal areas in Africa, so I can see the very diverse landscapes it has to offer, nice to know FTXG does help some in that area.
    Best, Michael

Things Are darker... If anything FTXG is closest to an actual aerial view... photo texture ie, satellite or aircraft shots tend to scatter a lot of light and look lighter... especially satellite work.

This is ftxG plus scenerytech landclass for africa... I find the FTXG Textures (In central africa where I'm flying at the moment (you will all know where soon) is so much nicer... more green! like its actually meant to be rather than the arrid sandpit ftx default makes it. More variation and scope too.

In this area its a combination of Marula, Mahogany and some Tamboti... rather than the Acacia which is more typical to the savanah regions... They are there though and look great. In my eyes, it captures the colours of Africa far better than anything that came before it... it makes GEX look weak.
    What aircraft add-on are you flying there?
    Cheers,
    Dave

Things Are darker... If anything FTXG is closest to an actual aerial view... photo texture ie, satellite or aircraft shots tend to scatter a lot of light and look lighter... especially satellite work.
    That's it Rachael! Soon as saw the ORBX textures they looked so right to my Northern Europen eyes that I bought all the regions and many airfields.
    SYSTEM :

We'll agree to disagree. I was up last week in a 172 and while what I saw had more contrast than FS, it was a sunny day and much more lit up that what I see in ORBX regions. I know the lighting system in FSX is partly to blame as it sucks and not having variable sunlight due to cloud shadows plays a big part also, but this is why I hate simming after a real flight, to big a difference. I look at lots of sat imagery and aerial imagery and agree to a point, but what I usually see in Bings birds eye view is the closest to what I see out the window of a plane and that is what I want to duplicate in the sim. Every time I fly an ORBX region I feel like it is heavy overcast all the time.
    Best, Michael

I still prefer it over default!

FTXG combined with SweetFX (or perhaps ENB - I don't use that one) can provide an amazingly realistic look. The trick is using a shader modifier like SweetFX to lighten things, add contrast, and desaturate somewhat. I really love what I'm seeing now.

Looking forward to seeing how Nevada and Arizona look without the green everywhere.
    Best regards,
    Jim T.
    USAF ret. ECM (Old Crow)

Thanks for the heads up guys, been away for a few days. Nice to come home the FTX Global 1.1. Installing now.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Rachel was using Dave Molyneaux's Walrus for her screenies (supermarine_walrus-1.zip). It is a port from FS9, but works well in FSX :mixedsmi:

Myles

Quote Originally Posted by myles View Post
    Rachel was using Dave Molyneaux's Walrus for her screenies (supermarine_walrus-1.zip). It is a port from FS9, but works well in FSX :mixedsmi:

Myles
    Thanks
    Cheers,
    Dave

Ok, I don't understand this at all. I bought FTX Global when it came out, and installed the patch just now. All I get is awesomer textures for North America, not the whole world. Here's a couple of screen shots taken from FN18, in Angola. One with North America selected in FTX Central, and the other with "FTX Global". Which one is awesome? They look the same to me, and they look like default. Further, from airports in North America, I get the new textures no matter what's selected in FTX Central. How the heck do I get the new textures to show up in the rest of the world?

MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Paul, did you install the patch with FTX Central at Global with hybrid turned off?
    SYSTEM :

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Paul, did you install the patch with FTX Central at Global with hybrid turned off?
    Yep.
    HP Reverb G2

@Firekitten: Where were you flying when you took those screen shots with the Walrus? I'd like to compare with what my install is showing. The book says I should turn hybrid off if I don't intend to fly between regions. I tried it with hybrid on and off, with no difference I could see. But heck, maybe that's what FN18 is supposed to look like with FTX Global installed. I don't know. Need something to compare.
    HP Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    Ok, I don't understand this at all. I bought FTX Global when it came out, and installed the patch just now. All I get is awesomer textures for North America, not the whole world. Here's a couple of screen shots taken from FN18, in Angola. One with North America selected in FTX Central, and the other with "FTX Global". Which one is awesome? They look the same to me, and they look like default. Further, from airports in North America, I get the new textures no matter what's selected in FTX Central. How the heck do I get the new textures to show up in the rest of the world?

when you install FTXG those textures become fsx's textures. period. doesn't matter what you have selected in ftx central. central just changes what autogen objects and trees and landclass definitions are used. and that is definitely NOT default. if you don't like it, that's your call, but default textures in Africa are super fugly and far too bright.

Rgr, thanks ShawnG. It's not that I don't like what I see in the screen shots I posted. I just wasn't sure anything changed from the default textures. I just want to satisfy myself that the install did something, and didn't fail somewhere along the way. Your explanation about what happens when changing regions is the sort of thing I was looking for.
    HP Reverb G2

Near Kiribi on the coast of Cameroon...

As for the shots... both look like FTXG textures actually to me.... a lot better than default. The LANDCLASS for Africa wont have changed at all... unless you have addon, thats what you may be seeing... that it looks similar in layout.

They did enhance the north American landclass a bit and included a one for Europe... Africa will hopefully get the treatment too... I use scenerytech but its not perfect, but a darn sight better than default. Angola is pretty darn bland in places tbh, central africa is gorgeous with global... the sahara too

And yes, that's Dave's Walrus My paintscheme obviously featuring in my new book.

Members who have read this thread: 0