Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Hang on, I just have to rob a bank first. :tgun2:

$90 for the 777 while the 737 cost $70. This hobby is sure getting expensive.

My guess is that in 10 years a new computer will be $100 and a good payware addon will be $200.

The hobby is... Which I why I voted with my wallet on this one.

Ant your planes are always kindly priced thanks
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

yep, it's a good thing I have no interest whatsoever in tubeliners, LOL.
    I am always amazed at how popular this type of simming really is.
    Best, Michael

Yeah flying the big iron is probably what the majority of FSX users (worldwide) do, if I had to guess. And I'm including all the people who bought FSX in the world...

It doesn't do much for me... can't stand watching the screens for more than 30 min or so for long flights hehe.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

No interest in flying jet airliners either.
    But after looking on the site, "developed with input from Boeing" explains the high price.
    Just curious, does this have an interactive copilot, crew?

I will vote with my wallet as soon as I get paid on Thursday. The NGX paid for itself many times over with how many hundreds of hours I've got on it. The 777 will be no different. This and the 172 are the new "bars" for which all addons will strive to achieve. This has been one heck of a year for FSX. I love it!

I have only one thing to say.....

I like the idea of getting this, but I know that it would be another expensive add-on gathering dust in my virtual hanger.

I've yet to fully master the 737NGX, PMDG 747 or FSLabs Concorde, so maybe once I've got through those I'll dive on the 777. Looks superb, but pricey.

Ironically if I wasn't spending so much time lately sat in the back of a 777 I might actually have time to fly this thing!

I was involved in the PMDG 747-400 project. I continued to use it for a number of years to prep for simulator checks. Many cohorts still use it as a training device. I expect the 777 will appeal to the same crowd, ones flying the 777 or those that may someday. Asiana could have benefited from flying a few visual/non precision SFO approaches for practice. I used to practice new and exciting airports that way, quite useful.

T

I find the lack of response here compared to the NGX release and that servers are crashing elsewhere intruiging...
    -JB

This place has been a peaceful haven when talking about the publication of this addon. Glad its finally out, so we can excpect something really interesting.

Charter Member 2012
    The PMDG T7 has a striking interior; very sharp textures, with beautiful variation in color and contrast. Great exterior detail. Top notch interactivity with easy to mouse-manipulate switches and dials as usual. Systems certainly are thoroughly rendered, though I haven't read any of the manuals. FMS is very similar to NGX, with some variation in automation that will probably require digging into some manuals. Hand flies very nice, great sounds, but a bit hard on my system, so some scenery has been disabled - photoreal stuff.

I had no intention on buying it except out of curiosity, but it really is obviously their best work, a notch up, beautiful to behold and fly. Long distance hauling always ends up with some kind of sim error for me, so some tweaking is in order. I don't think it will work well if you must run lots of addons, such as a combination of hi res clouds, ground textures, and fancy airports all together. I hate to do a bunch of tweaking for one aircraft, so that may end up limiting it's use.

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    I wish it worked with P3D.

Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

I find the cockpit lighting (based on screenshots since i dont have it) to be a step down from the NGX...unless thats because of users playing with the color mod options in the FMC.
    -JB

Hey guys,
    Here is a '777-BBJC'....almost as good as a flying winnebago
    I was playing around with the idea of creating the 'ultimate' BBJ. Turning the 777 into a fictional 'Combi', then adding BBJ styling to it...inspired from the 737-BBJC idea which is a BBJized version of the 737-700C Combi.

Still a WIP, I might add some more detailing or artwork...I did get my Hitchhiker's guide reference on the tail I think this bird has enough room to haul you, your spouse, your pet gold fish, with room for a moped in the back all around the world LOL I saved the Combi door PSD template if anyone wants to do a Combi, i'll send it to you.

Cheers
    TJ

"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

From PMDG, it is probably a superb product .... that being said .... interesting how some addons , airplanes, scenery, etc. cost more than the FSX software itself ... Mike :isadizzy:

Rough estimate's from 2008 give a total of 280,000 copies of FSX. I think most dev's would crap their pants if they reached 1/100 of that. With hat said, I own every PMDG released to date and am still having a hard time swallowing the $90 price tag. Maybe they aimed a little far to the right on the cost/sales curve. From a personal (developer's) perspective I would rather err to the left and have more people enjoying the creation. Splendid work though and certainly a standard setter.

Plz not another Fsx cost more than the addon post.I am not saying inflation has much to do with cost of addons but this is fun and just as ot.

Here is something to play with.
    http://www.usinflationcalculator.com/

Play around with this if you really want to make yourself see money being drained of its value. Try typing in what recently paid for something,say a car,house, or just a dollar amount and then go back to the year you graduated high school and see what it would have cost then

Given the amount of time, people, and code that were put into this product, the cost is more than justified. We're getting quite the deal, actually. Remember that PMDG is a full-time developer with several full-time employees. They need to make a fair amount of money to support such a large development team.

Their addons are the most complex out there. As long as you put the time into learning them, you more than get what you pay for. PMDG could release any plane and I'd buy it instantly, without hesitation. A2A might be the only other developer I can say that about.

This 777 is a game-changer like the NGX was. Without spending multiple millions of dollars for a commercial simulator or multiple hundreds of millions for the real plane, I don't think it is possible to get any closer to the experience of flying a heavy. $90 seems cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by JIMJAM View Post
    Here is something to play with.
    http://www.usinflationcalculator.com/
    Okay, now that is interesting!
    $10.00 in 1949 (birth year)
    $14.03 in 1967 (18th year)
    $98.15 in 2013 (~65th year)
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

At first I also found it odd that many quality add-ons cost more than MSFS itself. However, it's economy of scale at work. Someone mentioned earlier that FSX sold 280K copies. If each and every FSX user would buy PMDG 777, perhaps it may be priced at $9.00 and still make a tidy profit. Unfortunately, that's not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwikat View Post
    Given the amount of time, people, and code that were put into this product, the cost is more than justified. We're getting quite the deal, actually. Remember that PMDG is a full-time developer with several full-time employees. They need to make a fair amount of money to support such a large development team.
    My comment was less aimed at the justification of the price and more at the sales theory behind it. A lower price will generate greater sales (within the means of a market) and higher one will generate less. Somewhere along that curve is a peak revenue. Too far to the left (cost too low), and you've oversold/underearned; too far to the right (cost too high) you've undersold/underearned. Releases of past products can be used to add points from which the curve can be empirically constructed and a little calculus will generate a solid estimate. Otherwise there has to be an educated guess. Given the small number of products in the PMDG price range and the large timescale over which they are released (and the corresponding change in market size), I was simply noting that the overall response in this forum indicates the drop-off might mean they've drifted right of the peak with the recent release.

However, if you're wanting to create a plug for the product I would suggest fewer bold assertions and more showing off. This thread is very sparse on pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
    I was simply noting that the overall response in this forum indicates the drop-off might mean they've drifted right of the peak with the recent release.

However, if you're wanting to create a plug for the product I would suggest fewer bold assertions and more showing off. This thread is very sparse on pictures.
    SOH has never been big on airliners. It is wildly popular at other forums.

Unlike it's competitor who's only strength is the graphics, the main point of the PMDG plane is the systems. It is hard to take screenshots of intangible things. As with the NGX, the sound set is one of the best there is. It will take me months to get completely comfortable with the fly by wire. It has a completely different feel than the NGX.