Skysim Mirage 3 out! - Page 3
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: Skysim Mirage 3 out!

Dag
    Hi,

It looks amazing It there a paint kit available and are there specular maps on it?

Thanks

The paint kit will be available as soon as I have time to assemble and document it as I am sure you can imagine the amount of debris all over my disks in doing the originals for 5 different versions. Specular maps on this is very basic although I did try various settings etc. There will be nothing to stop anybody making their own spec and bump maps from the kit should they wish to do so or use the default.

Some Screen Shots

I love cockpit screen shots, so I figured I'd try to take a few

View from the Aerosoft IAF F-16

Take-Off from Palmahim AB

Love this plane!

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    Henk,
    I see you got yourself a SA livery
    ooooooooh yea! loving it :ernae::friday:
    Henk Hugo
    Shackleton Project

It's not that I think stupidity should be punishable by death. I just think we should take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem take care of itself.

Dag
    Quote Originally Posted by FSDSMAN View Post
    The paint kit will be available as soon as I have time to assemble and document it as I am sure you can imagine the amount of debris all over my disks in doing the originals for 5 different versions. Specular maps on this is very basic although I did try various settings etc. There will be nothing to stop anybody making their own spec and bump maps from the kit should they wish to do so or use the default.

Sounds very nice indeed. The reason for asking for spec maps was that many Mirages used glossy camouflage colours, among them the SAAF. Just wondered.

Hi,
    You do not need spec maps to achieve a glossy finish with this. You can have a normal Alpha channel in the main textures and this will control the shine levels and the spec with Alpha will control the power and the spread of the shine

Quote Originally Posted by Dag View Post
    Sounds very nice indeed. The reason for asking for spec maps was that many Mirages used glossy camouflage colours, among them the SAAF. Just wondered.
    The SAAF textures are in fact rather glossy, but not easy to spot that in 2d screenshots.

It not before the mid 80's that the SAAF started to introduce several experimental matt camouflage schemes (as the "air2air scheme seen on the F1CZ and some other aircraft as IIIRZ "837") due to combat experience showing that the glossy colors and paint scheme in use made the aircraft easy to spot even in camouflage.

Regards
    Jens-Ole

Man... What a fun and challenging aircraft to fly.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
    <o></o>
    Just tried to do a slow roll with undercarriage out like I used to see at the South African DEXA air shows years ago. Man that guy could fly!<o></o>

I just become a law dart! :whistle:

Kudos to the developers. It was worth every cent.

Ben

Jens-Ole's SAAF repaints are quite glossy. Any moreso and they would look like they were out in the rain. So if anyone wants a gloss finish on their own repaints study his textures. French birds were matte finish from the factory or after a depot repaint. But over time they developed a sheen as the paint was rubbed down from ground handling and air friction (sort of like certain keys on your keyboard).
    :ernae:

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    A tip that may be useful. When installing, the ‘first phase’ of the installer dir not close. I had to close it manually by using the Task Manager. Then the ‘second phase’ started automatically, installing the plane, effects and textures in FSX. All seemed to have worked all right. Take care that if you use toe Task manager to close the ‘first phase’ that you do not accidentally close the ‘second phase’ too.

Dag
    Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Jens-Ole's SAAF repaints are quite glossy. Any moreso and they would look like they were out in the rain. So if anyone wants a gloss finish on their own repaints study his textures. French birds were matte finish from the factory or after a depot repaint. But over time they developed a sheen as the paint was rubbed down from ground handling and air friction (sort of like certain keys on your keyboard).
    It seems I have been misunderstood here, I never said anything about them not being glossy.

For all Mirage III / 5 repainters :

Please take a look at http://www.wings.de.ms

Click the british flag...then click the Mirage banner
    then click on these banners :

- Mirage IIIE
    - Mirage IIIR / IIIRD
    - Mirage 5
    and
    - Foreing Mirages ...... pages have all beautifull and exact profiles.

Here is one exotic example from Lebanon

In the seventies a Soviet spy/pilot tried to stole a Lebanese
    Mirage IIIE and flying it to Armenia for "technology gathering"
    matters.
    This industrial spying mission have been aborted by Israeli Mossad Agents !!!
    :typing:
    VaporZ

This package looks awesome.

Am I correct in thinking that the cockpit gauges are modeled as 3D animated objects? If not, how smooth is the gauge response?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mike678 View Post
    This package looks awesome.

Am I correct in thinking that the cockpit gauges are modeled as 3D animated objects? If not, how smooth is the gauge response?

Thanks
    Yes, you are correct. And silky smooth as a result.

dhazelgrove
    A brilliant set of models. Well worth the cost.

Flies very well - and I've only got FSX SP1, too.

Dave

Hi all,

Indeed, it is great that Mirage III. Josquin, how do you have the Mirage IIIS armed, like all others?

bye

Quote Originally Posted by VAF130 View Post
    Hi all,

Indeed, it is great that Mirage III. Josquin, how do you have the Mirage IIIS armed, like all others?

bye
    Yes like all the others versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dag View Post
    It seems I have been misunderstood here, I never said anything about them not being glossy.
    Correct Dag. :wave: I think my rambling response is the source of misunderstanding.

The bare metal Belgian Mirage 5BA prototype "BA01" and a dirty Spanish lady are coming very soon.

Dirty dirty lady...

First Mirage 5BA "BA01"

Nice!
    Regards, Bob

Core i7-9470 4.4GHz 8MB Cache | Dual 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 | 16GB DDR3 SDRAM at 2300Mhz | 500GB Samsung Evo SSD | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | 1200 Watt Power Supply| Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Members who have read this thread: 15