A2A 172 RELEASED! - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A2A 172 RELEASED!

Looks like a fantastic 172 for FSX ... I still fly the real, old and smelly aircraft at my local FBO ... wish my panel and instruments looked as nice as the A2A version .... be glad you don't have to get up on the strut steps to check if it was topped off with Avgas in the morning !!! Mike

Oh boy, I have problems hiding the credit card balances with all these releases this year ;-)

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

The bar has been raised again, stunning representation of the little cruiser!
    Live to fly, fly to live. Do or die, ACES HIGH!

CPL(A), Single Pilot Multi-Engine Instrument Rating, tail-wheel, aerobatic, formation
    Category A Flight Instructor with night, aerobatics, spinning, terrain awareness and basic mountain flying endorsements
    General Aviation Flight Examiner
    Chief Flying Instructor for Auckland Aero Club

Wanted to get that one to get a real sensation of flying. Got some money on my hands right now, so I bought it. I must say I am pretty much impressed. This captures the spirit of aviation. Remembered me a lot about those times when we went out to fly with our neighbour in a Pa 28-181 or quite this C172!

I think this will be right what I wanted, a chance to learn basic avionics and navigation in flightsim, so that one day, when I get the money together I will be well prepared to go into flight school!

None of this is edited in any way.

Hope that´s not too many screens here...

In final I can only recommend this with the single exception that it takes some PC power to run. At least that is what it feels like for me. Still quite acceptable, but a tad harder than the Accusim warbirds.

Edit: You can see them full sized when you click on the images and through some zoom buttons at photobucket.
    i5 13600k, RTX2080 Super, 32 GB Ram, 2x1 TB M.2 SSDs, CRG9 49" Ultrawide screen

Can someone test it performing Chandelles, Lazy 8's & 8's on pylons and report back? I'm curious how it performs in commercial maneuvers. That's my litmus test for GA aircraft...
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

cant wait to get this bird do the passangers Talk to you inflight? like the piper cub and the B-17 and B377?
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

No they do not talk. While I was switching views on the ground, a external view panned from in front of the plane and slewed through the plane and out the rear.While doing so it revealed bodies packed like sardines in the planes fuselage
    Who was the previous owner a serial killer!

Charter Member 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by JIMJAM View Post
    No they do not talk. While I was switching views on the ground, a external view panned from in front of the plane and slewed through the plane and out the rear.While doing so it revealed bodies packed like sardines in the planes fuselage
    Who was the previous owner a serial killer!
    Heidi used to do that in the A2A Cub too,iirc....

frisky little minx
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

I uh, hesitate to mention this, but the paintkit is out...

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/view...?f=107&t=35777

Thanks in advance to all those whose repaints I will enjoy. It actually looks pretty doable, I may roll a couple of my own.

Got a question.Imo the drag/wind from the flaps are a little quite so I opened Accufeel and its off.When I turned it on for that aircraft all the sliders remain off. Is off the recommended setting for the 172 and allow its to use its own soundset?

Beautiful plane A2A! Thank you.
    Intel I7 8700 16gb DDR4 RAM GTX 1060 3GB with Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by JIMJAM View Post
    Got a question.Imo the drag/wind from the flaps are a little quite so I opened Accufeel and its off.When I turned it on for that aircraft all the sliders remain off. Is off the recommended setting for the 172 and allow its to use its own soundset?
    I believe Accufeel is disabled when Accusim aircraft are being used. Meaning you can't utilize AccuFeel, as the Accusim package is already running for the aircraft.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

I'm glad they included a version with the wheel pants. I always think a Skyhawk looks best with them installed.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    I believe Accufeel is disabled when Accusim aircraft are being used. Meaning you can't utilize AccuFeel, as the Accusim package is already running for the aircraft.

Accufeel is off by default on Accusim aircraft, but you can turn it on and use it.

I started with some "upholstery-work" today - to give this beauty some more color for the interior.

Greetings Dirk

All the high wing Cessnas I flew back in the 80s made city buses seem as sterile as operating rooms. But looking back $30 bucks a hour for a 172 wet was a bargain.
    Also I remember one of the 152s our FBO rented was being worked on and I was called over.All the mechs were standing around laughing.After alot of complaints about the smell one mech popped the side door panels off.Out dropped about 200 cigarette butts! They then started doing that to all the trainers and there must have been 1000 butts in a pile.The owner taped as many as he could fit on one of the cork boards in the flight school and it stayed up almost a year.
    It was also very popular to drop bags of flour.That was until one exploded when the pass tried to get it out the window.
    There was also a incident where one taxied in with a pair of underwear stuck wrapped around the tail but thats another story.
    So yeah, painters feel free to roughen the paints up and a weathered interior would be very popular.Grass,muck on the skirts, speckled leading edges ....

Heidi? No in fight feedback? I'm out

Charter Member 2011
    Good looking interior repaints there! Maybe dark blue and dark brown carpets to match?

Looks like my Flight 1 C172 , after years on my HD, is finally ready for retirement. Fantastic work A2A. Will most likely pick it up sometime next week.
    "There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss"
    — Douglas Adams, 'The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy'

Members +
    Nice work Dirk! I can't wait to see some of the magic repainters and texture wizards will do with amazing piece of work.

I could not resist and had to go over to Avsim and see how much bitchin was going on.Sure enough its 11 pages and growing. A2A is hard at work on releasing a hotfix to deal with some issues mainly disapearing touch spots. Also the excessive ground friction I noticed along with cockpit settings not being saved.
    I crashed the plane today due to a ap altitude hold glitch.I hit either alt or arm and the plane within 2 seconds pitched over until inverted.Also I changed the elevator_effectiveness in the cfg from 2 to 1.Made a nice difference.

I thought the ground friction issues I was having with it were because of my screwed up settings. I also have this issue with a few other payware a/c.
    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W

A2A offers a lot with this model, but for this price I would have expected better and much more sophisticated flight dynamics! (especially from this software develper)

Dieter
    Greetings
    Dieter
    Win10 Pro 64 bit - RAM 16GB -1 SSD 1TB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 HD 1TB/Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,2 GHz - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - MSFS

Quote Originally Posted by Fireball6 View Post
    I started with some "upholstery-work" today - to give this beauty some more color for the interior. Greetings Dirk
    nice set but really too clean for a "trainer", adding a little of "age" will be excellent !
    thanks in advance.
    Have few good ones Folks,
    Yves

Thanks for your kind words gents - did a third one in red and darker plastic-parts at the doors. I've asked for permission to share them at the A2A Forum because it is their original work that i only change a little.
    If i get the permission to share, i will see what i can do to let them look a bit "used" I think i'll do a clean and a "dirty" variant of them.

Dirk

Members who have read this thread: 1