A2A 172 RELEASED!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: A2A 172 RELEASED!

A2A 172 RELEASED!

"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DAmn you beat me again... grrrr

Yay cookies!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

LOL you know speaking of cookies, I was at the grocery store yesterday, saw a box of 'Red Velvet cookies with white chocolate chunks'...couldn't pass up cookies with a name like that
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for the HU :salute:

Downloads just finished...off to fly

I really don't need another 172, but I am tempted. I was wondering if anyone who gets it can clarify a couple of things listed as features
    Four naturally animated passengers that can sit in any seat including the pilot’s., does this mean I can have people in the VC while flying? That would be a selling point for me.
    Designed for both professional commercial pilot training and entertainment. Does this mean I can switch between accusim mode and get in and fly mode? I would use the later if available more than the accusim one due to time

Best, Michael

Quote Originally Posted by MCDesigns View Post
    Does this mean I can switch between accusim mode and get in and fly mode? I would use the later if available more than the accusim one due to time

Couldn't agree with you more Michael!

I really don't need another 172, but I am tempted. I was wondering if anyone who gets it can clarify a couple of things listed as features
    Four naturally animated passengers that can sit in any seat including the pilot’s., does this mean I can have people in the VC while flying? That would be a selling point for me.
    Designed for both professional commercial pilot training and entertainment. Does this mean I can switch between accusim mode and get in and fly mode? I would use the later if available more than the accusim one due to time

Michael,

Pilot and passengers are in the external model. Putting a single person in the J-3 who thinks and talks is a big footprint in that code. Doing something like that, X4, would have been too much especially considering the major new features, like the virtual walk around.

There is a DAMAGE button you can hit, if you want to disable any components failing or wearing, but keep in mind, the C172 is a reliable aircraft. You could easily have 20 or more flights w/o any kind of issue in flight, or in the walk around. It's really best to just fly the plane. It's easy, just like a real 172.

Just be very careful to not apply any other simulation experiences to this product. Our sole source of information and inspiration is from the real plane. This is a rugged, reliable machine and Accu-Sim reflects that,

Scott.

Ive got close to 2500 hrs in type and this is one of the most basic aircraft to fly.Do not worry about accusim being to tough if you just want to buzz around. It would be hard to damage the engine I would imagine. I have not tested any landing damage modelling but a 172 is as stable as it gets.I just finished my first shakedown flight and its a good one.The first thing I thought was it felt like a "Realair" airplane which is a compliment.You get that light ,responsive handling that you can feel everything yet its not pitchy.Responds to Activesky weather,winds etc very well.Graphics and sounds and A+. I just landed with a 13k direct crosswind and it handled realistically.Nice sounding side forces from the tires.Fps on my system stayed locked with no stutters so thats good.After flying the Warbirds, airliners or fighters its going to get boring quick but a realistic 172 is a almost must have in the hanger.

Well I bought the A2A Cub with Accusim last week and I'm well chuffed so I might just have to get this...Maybe one day I'll even be able to manage the Strat':costum:
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

The autopilot is already kicking my butt. You will have to un-learn all bad habits to fly this one properly. :redf:

Awesome! :ernae:

Quote Originally Posted by Blade124 View Post
    Michael,

Pilot and passengers are in the external model. Putting a single person in the J-3 who thinks and talks is a big footprint in that code. Doing something like that, X4, would have been too much especially considering the major new features, like the virtual walk around.

There is a DAMAGE button you can hit, if you want to disable any components failing or wearing, but keep in mind, the C172 is a reliable aircraft. You could easily have 20 or more flights w/o any kind of issue in flight, or in the walk around. It's really best to just fly the plane. It's easy, just like a real 172.

Just be very careful to not apply any other simulation experiences to this product. Our sole source of information and inspiration is from the real plane. This is a rugged, reliable machine and Accu-Sim reflects that,

Scott.

Thanks for the info Scott!
    Best, Michael

Yeah its a good one.
    Its hot and humid here in SC with some shifty winds.And guess how the 172 handles.Yup,like its hot humid with shifty winds lol.

I have not done any unusual attitudes or ran through any stalls but it feels like a high wing Cessna. Seems like it needs a lot more juice than normal to get it moving from a dead stop on the ground but I understand FSX is wierd when it comes to that.
    Lots of nice details that I will not spoil but try clicking on everything in the cockpit like the headphones,windows.Speaking of sound.I am very picky about sounds and these are top notch and I doubt I will touch a thing.

Only issue which is no biggie and no I have not RTM yet is I cannot turn the autopilot on via the vr pit button. I have to hit the keyboard key assigned to autopilot on. Anyone know what the default autopilot key assignment is?

Quote Originally Posted by JIMJAM View Post
    Only issue which is no biggie and no I have not RTM yet is I cannot turn the autopilot on via the vr pit button. I have to hit the keyboard key assigned to autopilot on. Anyone know what the default autopilot key assignment is?
    Try the Z key!

I may have to get this... Here at Embry-Riddle, all the planes are Glass Cockpit, so I've been missing the old steam gauges I got my private on. These look really nice!

Is it carbureted or fuel injected? I'm still getting used to the different start up sequences with the fuel injected planes. (I can't stand that fuel injected planes start with the mixture out, whereas the carbureted planes start with the mixture full forward.) In the VC pictures, it looked fuel injected. Is it?

Walter

Fuel injected
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Sure wish we could get a DME2 in the "No GPS" config. I know you can view another frequency independent from N1 but it'd be nice to see N1 DME and N2 DME at the same time.

Was happy to dig out the old low alt airway charts for the USA. This one's going to be an instant classic!

Here are some screenies. Flight from Orcas Island to Harvey Field. First one it is parked next to default AI 172, you can see the detail differences. Have to say, this 172 is another winner from A2A. :salute:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here is my old ERAU 172S checklist scanned to Google Docs if anybody wants it.
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-7n...N2c/edit?pli=1

Cheers
    TJ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here's an example of the subtle night lighting effects. It has way more lighting options than any other light aircraft released to date.

Stunning shot, Kiwikat!

I just passed the 2 hour mark on my 172. Here's a screenshot (edited) from earlier. I'm loving this bird!

Fantastic image Brandon!....................................now get back to work on the 407, LOL.
    Best, Michael

Keep the centerline between your legs, Brandon. :P

Fantastic image Brandon!....................................now get back to work on the 407, LOL.
    Thanks!

Haha, Milviz is doing some work on it currently before it comes back to us for the final work.

Quote Originally Posted by orionll View Post
    Keep the centerline between your legs, Brandon. :P
    Close enough. :P

I bought it today. a2a did a great job with it. I fouled the plugs unitentionallyand then cleard them as described in the manual.

It is a simpe slow trainer, but trying to fly it right is going to be a long term project for me. I am not a rw pilot but i have landed a 172 a couple of times with an instructor. This is as close to that experience as i can get so far with fsx.

Thanks a2a.

looks like rxp gns530 support is there, looks nice. i'll have to put this on the list.